DVDPlayer crashes when trying to open movie contained in iso image file

LedY

4 posts in this topic

I'm seeing the DVD Player quit when an iso file image is mounted. The system.log shows:

"Error getting a reference to /options"

Earlier in the system.log I see this print:

"Error getting a reference to IODeviceTree:/options"

Regular DVD movies using DVD drive play ok.

Is anyone else seeing this problem?

Some googling reveals it might be related to AppleSMBIOS.kext and/or AppleEFIRuntime.kext. I'm using the stock versions of these kext's but maybe we need a modded version of AppleSMBIOS.kext for our hack's?

My rig consists of ECS 945GZT-M with a Pentium-D. The only modifications I've done to the stock SL install are as follows:

* I'm using Chameleon 2.0 RC1 with modbin's 432 kernel, IOATAFamily.kext from 10.5.8, fakesmc.kext, dsdt.aml. I have also removed AppleHPET.kext to get my RTL8139 network card to work.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having similar problem after upgrading to Snow Leopard (10.6.1). DVD Player launches normally, and plays regular DVDs fine. When I try to open an ISO file, however, it plays 1 second of the video, then freezes & crashes (sometimes force-quit necessary). I was always able to play the same ISOs fine before (with Tiger); and the same ISOs still play fine using VLC (so the files aren't the problem).

Can't decipher much of the (very long) Problem Details message that pops up when the DVD Player crashes -- this may be a key bit:

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)

Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000000

Crashed Thread: 3

(it varies -- in another instance of the same thing, Crashed Thread = "4"; and Exception Code has "4f" after all the 0's.)

Please let me know if you figure anything out; many thanks.