• Please log in to reply
933 replies to this topic

dencraig

dencraig

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

It shows in English on my screen did you follow my link?

Mine too, but I tried to follow the link to the parent site to get some more info, but it's all French. I wonder if there is a mirror site in English? I didn't see the link to the "software" link that you sent either....?

ridgeline

ridgeline

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Here you go

Attached Files

ridgeline

ridgeline

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Okay for anyone interested I have created a Boot CD and a post installer package. This will get you up and running with minimal effort. If anyone is interested let me know and I will post it up.

nandor690

nandor690

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Okay for anyone interested I have created a Boot CD and a post installer package. This will get you up and running with minimal effort. If anyone is interested let me know and I will post it up.

yea I will try it out. I have my USB boot drive set up so it is pretty easy for me to go in and change stuff if it dosent work. I tryed all the other boot files from your previous post but none would boot and acouple gave me fatal errors.
I would also like to be able to take that boot file apart to see how it is put together if that is possible.
I'm just wondering how it works so I can maybe put my own boot file together. And thanks for the lizard program, pretty neat stuff.

ridgeline

ridgeline

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Well as far as sleep restart goes mine worked great until I did a clean install and tried a few different things. Then I had the sleep upon wake from keyboard it rebooted I will be looking into this today I am sure it is nothing serious and probably has more to do with settings than dsdt. Also on a side note in order for the other boot file I posted to work correctly please check you com.apple.boot.plist in you extra folder and see if you have a line that says graphics mode = If not that is why you get a fatal error my boot cd works great you can get into it but if you alter it may no longer boot

ridgeline

ridgeline

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Okay on a quick side note. I installed the R1000sl.kext driver for our onboard ethernet into my extras folder and that has solved the sleep issue I was having and I my network connection seems to be better and better bonjour. I will add the driver to the post installer I have created and then upload it here.

nandor690

nandor690

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Well as far as sleep restart goes mine worked great until I did a clean install and tried a few different things. Then I had the sleep upon wake from keyboard it rebooted I will be looking into this today I am sure it is nothing serious and probably has more to do with settings than dsdt. Also on a side note in order for the other boot file I posted to work correctly please check you com.apple.boot.plist in you extra folder and see if you have a line that says graphics mode = If not that is why you get a fatal error my boot cd works great you can get into it but if you alter it may no longer boot

I guess i will change a few settings in bios (F3) and see what happens.
I did check my boot.plist and I dont have that line. do I just add it as <key>Graphics Mode =</key>, I do have the Graphics Enabler line but i assume that is different?
I dont want to change your boot file, I just want to see how it works. This is my first hackintosh and I dont/didnt know much about how macs or computer in general work. That is until I built this computer and installed snow leopard.

ridgeline

ridgeline

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Yes Graphics Enabler is different and your addition should be.
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1024x768x32</string> (you can make this what ever your native resolution is.
I would also update my bios I am on version F6

Okay for all of you that would like here are is my boot cd.
Simply burn a copy insert this at the GUI eject the boot disc and insert your mac disc.
Hit f5 after it has had a few seconds to spin up and select the install disc and proceed with your install.
After you complete the install at reboot reload the boot cd. this time at GUI select you Mac HD
once the system boots up run my post installer. I have a simple install and and advanced install. Simple should work for almost everyone. You will have vanilla speedstep and sleep with this method and your system will boot 64bit. There is an option under the advanced install that allows you to select if you woul rather boot 32bit. Also video fixes in the event Graphics Enabler does not work for you. This was designed for a core 2 duo processor and your quad core may require additional info in the dsdt. If so please contact me and we will get this squared away I just do not have a quad core at the moment.

P.S. if you have an issue with the boot cd burn it to a DVD this worked for me.

Reboot and enjoy please post any problems or questions.
Thanks,
Download Here

nandor690

nandor690

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Yes Graphics Enabler is different and your addition should be.
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1024x768x32</string> (you can make this what ever your native resolution is.
I would also update my bios I am on version F6

Okay for all of you that would like here are is my boot cd.
Simply burn a copy insert this at the GUI eject the boot disc and insert your mac disc.
Hit f5 after it has had a few seconds to spin up and select the install disc and proceed with your install.
After you complete the install at reboot reload the boot cd. this time at GUI select you Mac HD
once the system boots up run my post installer. I have a simple install and and advanced install. Simple should work for almost everyone. You will have vanilla speedstep and sleep with this method and your system will boot 64bit. There is an option under the advanced install that allows you to select if you woul rather boot 32bit. Also video fixes in the event Graphics Enabler does not work for you. This was designed for a core 2 duo processor and your quad core may require additional info in the dsdt. If so please contact me and we will get this squared away I just do not have a quad core at the moment.

P.S. if you have an issue with the boot cd burn it to a DVD this worked for me.

Thanks for the info, like I said I'm still learning all this.
I get off work in about 4 hours, so when I get home I'll try it out and give feedback on it.

Reboot and enjoy please post any problems or questions.
Thanks,
Download Here

ridgeline

ridgeline

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Okay nandor690 you have confused me

Edit: Nevermind your text got included in the original quote so I originally did not see it.
Let me know how it works out for you.

nandor690

nandor690

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
i dont know if the last message went through but i was asking what you mean by insert disk at gui? im trying to learn all this but some things are just confusing.

thanks

nandor690

ridgeline

ridgeline

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
When you put the boot cd in and turn the computer on you will get a screen that shows your HD and the boot cd here you press eject and load you mac install disc. Wait a minute then hit the f5 key it will then show your mac install disc on the screen select the install disc by using the arrow keys and install the os. When the install is done reboot your computer when the compture restarts you will need the boot cd one more time this time the screen will show your HD and boot cd select your HD this time and boot into your install. Once you have everything setup. Run my post installer
reboot and you should be good to go.

The GUI stands for graphical user interface and basically means at the pretty screen so you don't deal with just text or code.

mielaczka

mielaczka

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
same here

ridgeline

ridgeline

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
What?

nandor690

nandor690

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
ok thats what i thought. the reason i was confused was because i burned the boot cd.dmg file to a disk and changed boot options to boot from the cd but i kept getting an ebios read error.

ridgeline

ridgeline

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
try burning to a dvd I had the same issue, I know the size would be overkill but it works.

nandor690

nandor690

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
I tryed burning it to a dvd, booting from dvd it starts to spin like its reading it but then it just goes to my normal snow leopard screen and boots into my hd.

ridgeline

ridgeline

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Okay something must be corrupt in the image I will make a new image and post it up soon

nandor690

nandor690

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
If we can use a usb to boot it that would be great if you think it will work only because i am running out of dvd's

ridgeline

ridgeline

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
I will work on a USB method I have not tried any of those yet as I did not have one big enough for the sl disk image but I will see what I can come up with.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy