• Please log in to reply
933 replies to this topic

ridgeline

ridgeline

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
mine shows it under about this mac before I go to system profiler but it does not seem to effect anything I was just curious. Dencraig and unaclocker what were your install methods? maybe the boot file is the difference or something else i used the myHack installer for chameleon

UnaClocker

UnaClocker

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 617 posts
I did my own custom mix of several different guides.

dencraig

dencraig

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

mine shows it under about this mac before I go to system profiler but it does not seem to effect anything I was just curious. Dencraig and unaclocker what were your install methods? maybe the boot file is the difference or something else i used the myHack installer for chameleon

I followed the instructions on the first page of this thread:

Edit: Don't use this guide anymore!
This guide is old & outdated. There are plenty of good guides better than this one.
New to the G41M? Here's my recommended steps to get up & running:
  • Follow sk1nhd33t's G31M guide (it works great with the G41M) here: Installing Snow 10A432 on G31M-ES2L
  • Be sure to make your own DSDT file. It's key. The above guide has a guide on how to do that.
  • Come back here & follow the Audio section. And there's a LAN guide by Rex Luna here.

ga-g41m-es2l

ga-g41m-es2l

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Okay dencraig, I suggest using the kexts I listed only based on my experience. my ethernet did not work without it however with it I am able to print to a printer on a windows machine 3 routers deep.

Okay now for Audio. I am attaching my dsdt.aml file. I have patched it for basic fixes.
RTC - cmos reset fix
DTGP - required for all fixes applied through dsdt
Hdef - this will be your audio.

Step one download and install this dsdt.aml put it either in your root folder or the extra folder(mine is here)
Step two remove voodoohda if installed and reinstall AppleHDA if you removed it. Install the LegacyHDA attached into you Extra/Extensions folder(just drag and drop the run Kext utilty.)
Step three repair permissions
Step four go to system preferences and sound. then select internal speakers I know this may not be a accurate description but who cares if it works.

Please report back may require a restart. Please note both files needed are attached below.

Thank You, Ridgeline! Posted Image Sound is working fine now. Just could use some advice on the following:Posted Image

1. I can't get my front mic to work. I can work with rear mic though.
2. Line out doesn't switch automatically from rear to front on plugging in headphones. I can change it manually.
3. Sound volume is a little low except when I use the VLC player (any hints to what I'm doing wrong?)

You saved me loads of trouble!

Btw. I used EmpireEFI_1085.iso to install SL. No probs except for lack of sound which is now solved!
Your help was very much appreciated! That was awesome. Posted Image

ridgeline

ridgeline

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
I have not tried my mic on either port so I am not sure and I have full volume but I will take a look and get back to you. Did you make sure you do not have voodoohda or a hacked driver anywhere other than the ones found here? In order for it to work your dsdt must be right and the Legacy driver must be in extras you must make sure that if you loaded any other drivers they must be removed.

Quick note to anyone that is not already dual-booting W7 and SL on one HDD through Conti on the IRC channel pointed me to the following page and I am happy to say it worked like a charm.

Click here

dencraig

dencraig

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

I have not tried my mic on either port so I am not sure and I have full volume but I will take a look and get back to you. Did you make sure you do not have voodoohda or a hacked driver anywhere other than the ones found here? In order for it to work your dsdt must be right and the Legacy driver must be in extras you must make sure that if you loaded any other drivers they must be removed.

Quick note to anyone that is not already dual-booting W7 and SL on one HDD through Conti on the IRC channel pointed me to the following page and I am happy to say it worked like a charm.

Click here

I dual boot, but on this computer it's on two hard drives. My Dell Mini is on one, as is my Wind PC. Good stuff!

ridgeline

ridgeline

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
I would dual boot on 2 HDD if I had 2 but at the moment I am dual booting with 250gb per partition

GoRuSg

GoRuSg

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
im having a bit of a problem with this board. (or so i think)
everything works very very good .. but .. out of nowhere my hd lights turns on and stays on .. system crashes .. and upon reboot it wont find my hd. tried 2 hds already and same goes for both .. system can e up for days and all of a sudden itll just crash and hd wont be found in bios (something is found in bios but its not my hd) instead of finding my 500Gb it shows up as blank " " "67Gb" hd. any of you experienced that and know how to fix it ?

UnaClocker

UnaClocker

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 617 posts
Nope, just you.

dencraig

dencraig

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

im having a bit of a problem with this board. (or so i think)
everything works very very good .. but .. out of nowhere my hd lights turns on and stays on .. system crashes .. and upon reboot it wont find my hd. tried 2 hds already and same goes for both .. system can e up for days and all of a sudden itll just crash and hd wont be found in bios (something is found in bios but its not my hd) instead of finding my 500Gb it shows up as blank " " "67Gb" hd. any of you experienced that and know how to fix it ?

Doesn't it sound like it might be resetting his BIOS?

UnaClocker

UnaClocker

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 617 posts
Nope, I've had bios resets with this board. It doesn't screw with identifying the hard drive.

ridgeline

ridgeline

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Okay I am working on a few things via DSDT patching but before I waste too much time can anyone here tell if they have patched anything other than audio, DTGP and RTC?
Thanks,

ridgeline

ridgeline

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Well giving credit where credit is due I would like to thank iSoprano, Master Chief, and MM69 without whos work I would have probably not figured this out.

I have patched my dsdt I think to the fullest extent.
1 USB highspeed patched to show as internal not expansion slot
2 RTC fix
3 Hpet Fix
4 AppleLPC fix
5 CPU fix with this and the fix above I am no longer using openhaltrestart.kext or NullCPUPowermanagement.kext
6 Audio Fix still need the Legacy HDA though.
7 _WAK fix
8 DTGP Fix

and using the modified Asere boot file for Chameleon my I no longer need the Platform UUID.kext and I now have more accurate information in my System Profiler.

After these DSDT fixes and the Boot file
I only have 2 files in my extra folder LegacyHDA, and FakeSMC.
If you would like I can post my dsdt file later on and if you use it you must make sure that any voodoopower or pstatechanger kexts are removed. so with the exception of Chameleon and the 2 files I mentioned in my Extra folder I am as close to Vanilla as I think anyone with a G41M can be. I will post other updates and work on the Audio more as I have time.

dencraig

dencraig

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Well giving credit where credit is due I would like to thank iSoprano, Master Chief, and MM69 without whos work I would have probably not figured this out.

I have patched my dsdt I think to the fullest extent.
1 USB highspeed patched to show as internal not expansion slot
2 RTC fix
3 Hpet Fix
4 AppleLPC fix
5 CPU fix with this and the fix above I am no longer using openhaltrestart.kext or NullCPUPowermanagement.kext
6 Audio Fix still need the Legacy HDA though.
7 _WAK fix
8 DTGP Fix

and using the modified Asere boot file for Chameleon my I no longer need the Platform UUID.kext and I now have more accurate information in my System Profiler.

After these DSDT fixes and the Boot file
I only have 2 files in my extra folder LegacyHDA, and FakeSMC.
If you would like I can post my dsdt file later on and if you use it you must make sure that any voodoopower or pstatechanger kexts are removed. so with the exception of Chameleon and the 2 files I mentioned in my Extra folder I am as close to Vanilla as I think anyone with a G41M can be. I will post other updates and work on the Audio more as I have time.

Bravo!

ridgeline

ridgeline

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Here are the DSDT and the boot file....

Boot File will replace the boot file in your root directory just drag and drop that simple
DSDT replaces existing DSDT file and remember it enables vanilla speedstep and sleep so make sure sleepenabler.kext and any voodoopower kexts and pstchanger.kext are removed. reboot and post progress.
You should also be able to remove the openhaltrestart.kext, PlatformUUID.kext, NullCPUPowermanagement.kext from your extras folder.
As mentioned above I only have the FakeSMC.kext and LegacyHDA.kext in my Extras folder.

Attached Files

ridgeline

ridgeline

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Well after talking with a long time friend from a previous build on a different system he turned me on to a program called Lizard. It will allow you to modify Chameleon, your smbios, or even create a custom boot cd that you can load you own dsdt, smbios and other extra items so you can have an easier install it is a great find and very easy to use just thought I would let everyone here know. The nice thing easy it will allow you to easily switch Chameleon themes and minor modifications as well
http://www.darwinx86...6_software.html

iRobie

iRobie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Very cool! I installed the Chameleon Preference Pane when I made the switch to 64bit. I like the look of Lizard better.

I tried your DSDT file & it didn't work for me. Speedstep and Sleep both stopped working. What bios version are you on? I'm on F6.

dencraig

dencraig

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Well after talking with a long time friend from a previous build on a different system he turned me on to a program called Lizard. It will allow you to modify Chameleon, your smbios, or even create a custom boot cd that you can load you own dsdt, smbios and other extra items so you can have an easier install it is a great find and very easy to use just thought I would let everyone here know. The nice thing easy it will allow you to easily switch Chameleon themes and minor modifications as well
http://www.darwinx86...6_software.html

Does the Darwin site that uses English? My French is poor!

smokozuna

smokozuna

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Guys there is a simpler way to get SL 10.6.2 running on the G41M-ES2L

http://www.insanelym...p...0&start=20#

ridgeline

ridgeline

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Does the Darwin site that uses English? My French is poor!

It shows in English on my screen did you follow my link?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy