933 replies to this topic

mafis90

mafis90

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Hi,
this board is really cool everything works great, except of the audio. I trying it since 8 hours to get it work, but i doesn't work. I try all things i have found so 12 different kext. But the only thing i see is this in my Profiler :
Posted Image

And that's the log from my start, there are many sound problems.
https://gist.github.com/759654

My rev of the board is the V1.4 with f9 bios.

I hope somebody can help me.

Inday

Inday

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
This boot cd rom is special made for this kind of motherbord, plug and play.

Boot from cd rom, after boot screen, change the boot cd with OSX Snow and enter F5 for refresh.
Install OSX Snow and after installation of Snow put boot cd rom again and boot from it.
Run the after installation from cd rom (na installatie).

Intel Pentium E6500
Gigabyte GA-G41M-ES2L
Asus 8400GS Silent

After an update of OSX run the after installation also again from cd cdrom.

http://www.kexts.com...bbg_budget.html

this .ISO is for the Hackintosh.nl Best Buy Guide, you can see it here:
http://www.hackintos...y-guide-v2.html

If you have ver. 1.4 of this motherboard,

http://www.kexts.com...und-issues.html

roberdo

roberdo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
Update to 10.6.6: everthing went fine (using DSDT coming from ridgeline for E8200, no Sleep Enabler was used).
App Store is working with iTunes-Account.

seleven

seleven

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Update to 10.6.6: everthing went fine (using DSDT coming from ridgeline for E8200, no Sleep Enabler was used).
App Store is working with iTunes-Account.

Sweet, thanks for the report. I'll make the jump and report back as well.

EDIT: After a reboot or three, it's back up and running. Took a bit longer than normal to restart, but everything appears to be working as before.

EDIT #2: It may just be pure bad luck, but the filesystem on my drive developed a non-fixable issue. Rebuild time for me. Noticed that ridgeline's site is gone. Looks like I'm going to try the chameleon RC5 install procedure with the DSDT auto patcher.

EDIT #3: Wow, that was easy. The RC5 unofficial installer worked really well. I had to manually add the themes and edit the boot.plist by hand, but otherwise it was very painless. With the USB audio dongle, I've got a single kext in /extra and that's it. Full graphic acceleration and it automagically boots into 64-bit. Now if I can figure out why bejeweled 2 is complaining about nowhid, I'll be back to where I was before the filesystem went strange.

jojitsu

jojitsu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Updated to 10.6.6 and everything went as smooth as butter. Didn't have to make any adjustments at all. Even sound worked without having to use the HDA installer. App store works perfectly too!

cybercap

cybercap

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
10.6.6 killed my sleep ;)
I'm waiting for a sleepenabler 10.6.6 version urgently , all the tricks (add pmVersion=21) to boot do not work

seleven

seleven

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

10.6.6 killed my sleep :)
I'm waiting for a sleepenabler 10.6.6 version urgently , all the tricks (add pmVersion=21) to boot do not work

What part died? The "sleep after $MIN" or manual sleep mode? I can put mine to sleep manually (and wake up) without issue.

cybercap

cybercap

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
i haven't tried manual sleep but should be the same

yes the automatic sleep after X min doesn't not work anymore (pleasesleep worked great for that), the computer stays on now whatever i do
there is a sleepenabler.kext around that causes no KP but it freezes the hac when going to sleep, computer is still on (all fans and led on) but mouse or keyboard strokes have no effect.
no good.

i'm waiting for a true 10.6.6 kext

seleven

seleven

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

i haven't tried manual sleep but should be the same

yes the automatic sleep after X min doesn't not work anymore (pleasesleep worked great for that), the computer stays on now whatever i do
there is a sleepenabler.kext around that causes no KP but it freezes the hac when going to sleep, computer is still on (all fans and led on) but mouse or keyboard strokes have no effect.
no good.

i'm waiting for a true 10.6.6 kext

Interesting. I just tried mine, and manual sleep works fine, but the 'sleep after X min' doesn't appear to work (this is the first time I've actually tried it).

I don't know if it's a limitation of the DSDT (my current one is what the autopatcher came up with from a few pages back starting with, well, no DSDT file), something with Chameleon, FakeSMC, or just some kind of plain old incompatibility with the board/BIOS/phase of the moon.

It's not a big deal for me as I usually put mine to sleep when I'm done using it, but it would be nice to know that it's working correctly.

cybercap

cybercap

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Interesting. I just tried mine, and manual sleep works fine, but the 'sleep after X min' doesn't appear to work (this is the first time I've actually tried it).

I don't know if it's a limitation of the DSDT (my current one is what the autopatcher came up with from a few pages back starting with, well, no DSDT file), something with Chameleon, FakeSMC, or just some kind of plain old incompatibility with the board/BIOS/phase of the moon.

It's not a big deal for me as I usually put mine to sleep when I'm done using it, but it would be nice to know that it's working correctly.

You should try pleasesleep, this piece of soft works wonders. It managed to force my hac to sleep though the sytem wouldn't make it happen. It works in relation with the energy saver panel and you can set some options like sleep exceptions. You don't want it to sleep when you're burning, downloading stuff or when there are some critical app you decide that are launched

cybercap

cybercap

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
hi there ^_^

made new tests of sleepenabler versions all around.

THIS one works for me with 10.6.6 , 64-bit boot and 64-bit kernel.
http://www.mediafire...ya4hv8yv2v78ebs

install it with kextutility and reboot

You may have to use Pleasesleep to enable automatic sleep and anyway I strongly advise you to use it; it sits in your menubar and makes your Hac sleep regarding your energy saver settings.
http://www.dragonone...sx/pleasesleep/

Manual sleep by apple menu also works.

This is my com.apple.boot.plist in Extra
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1200x32</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=x86_64</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>3</string>
</dict>

jotunloki

jotunloki

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Same here.

Milanche78

Milanche78

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
Hello, few months back I have successfully installed Snow Leopard on my computer from the signature.
After that, I have installed every update ( 10.6.4, 10.6.5, 10.6.6), never had any problems, except with the sound, but that is no biggy and "sleep" as usual.
Few days ago a ran utility called Maintanance and today the Onyx, and both of them are asking me to repair the system by booting from SL DVD.
I have tried several times with the Empire EFI boot CD and DVD SL but I always get Kernel panic :D
Do not know why? When I installed it first time everything was ok, only diference was that the instalation of SL was on the tumb drive.
What should I do.

PS

What happened to Ridgelines web site? And do I need his instaler files after repair?

dci693

dci693

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Hello, few months back I have successfully installed Snow Leopard on my computer from the signature.
After that, I have installed every update ( 10.6.4, 10.6.5, 10.6.6), never had any problems, except with the sound, but that is no biggy and "sleep" as usual.
Few days ago a ran utility called Maintanance and today the Onyx, and both of them are asking me to repair the system by booting from SL DVD.
I have tried several times with the Empire EFI boot CD and DVD SL but I always get Kernel panic :)
Do not know why? When I installed it first time everything was ok, only diference was that the instalation of SL was on the tumb drive.
What should I do.

PS

What happened to Ridgelines web site? And do I need his instaler files after repair?

Are you having a specific problem that you need to fix? Typically when booting using a SL DVD to fix the system, it's so that you can run a disk check from Disk Utility on the system disk (which you cannot do if you've already booted from that same system disk). You can also try booting into Single User mode (holding down Command+"s" as you boot) then running Disk Utility.

You can perform the same type of disk scan using AppleJack, which I've successfully used on my hack. The project page is located here: AppleJack project page

3th3r

3th3r

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Just a quick update on successfully updating my system (from posts 435 and 460), from 10.6.4 to 10.6.6. Here is how I did it:

• Repaired permissions using Disk Utility.
  • Downloaded and ran the 10.6.6 combo updater
  • The update took a looong time, and ended up freezing. :(
  • Had to shutdown the machine manually.
  • Machine came back up, and was successfully upgraded to 10.6.6 :)
  • But audio wasn't working (greyed out speaker icon).
  • Downloaded and reinstalled AppleHDA1062.kext
  • Downloaded and ran Kext Utility
Restarted and audio worked again!

dci693

dci693

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
I wanted to add a quick note here about my own success with installing to rev 1.4 of this motherboard.

I used a mishmash of files mostly posted by ridgel1ne to this thread and another.

In summary, I have 10.6.6 running with only the fakesmc.kxt in my /Extra folder, and voodooHDA.kxt in my /System/Library/Extensions folder. Vanilla sleep works great, as does restart and shutdown. My video card is the Asus 8400GS silent that is fully recognized in OSX with no need for kexts, just GraphicsEnabler="yes".

I first tried #####/#####, then Kakewalk, but they didn't yield a system that would sleep - even with a proper DSDT.

cybercap

cybercap

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
what dsdt are you using right know?
can you post a link

tks

dci693

dci693

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

what dsdt are you using right know?
can you post a link

tks

The one from this post.

Anonomys1991

Anonomys1991

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
does anybody have a dsdt for a g41m-es2l rev 1.4 for a core 2 duo e7500 or a core 2 quad q8400?

BugsB

BugsB

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts
I cannot get front mike working on the g41m-es2l rev 1.4 with BIOS F9, neither with ANY AppleHDA not VoodoHDA I have tried from all sorts of forums and threads. AppleHDA removed from S/L/E, only FakeSMC in E/E ..

In Windows 7 the front mike works fine, so it's not the jack.

If you have the front mike jack TESTED working with the rev. 1.4, would you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be so kind and attach or upload a zip package

with:
- all additional audio kexts you added in either S/L/E or E/E
- very important: boot, and dsdt.aml
- best the two plists from E/E
- WHICH BIOS DO YOU HAVE INSTALLED (pops up in the beginning in the top left of the black screen when you boot, something like F9 or F8)

I am really bummed because I got this board since it used to be SOO compatible except for graphics, and now they changed the audio codec with the 1.4 rev, what a pity.

Hoping hoping hoping - Thank you,
Bugs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy