Sorry, screen shots dont save :(

Here is text:

PStateChanger

psatate MHz mV FID VID DID
0 2498 1175 47 25 0
1 2331 1112 07 20 0
2 2165 1050 46 1(B or 8 :)) 0
3 1998 987 06 16 0

I need to use http://www.mediafire...kml2jy/Gigabyte G41M-ES2l Installer v1.4.zip ?????
If i need then with what settings???
May be some more info?

ridgeline

ridgeline

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Okay please post a screen shot you can do this with grab which is provided my mac os x under utilities if the pstate is not right this will not work. I will determine if it is a 8 or a B by you screen shot.

Also I recommend using the retail disk for install not a pre hacked version like Hazzard's no offense to him but I don't know what his disc actually does in relationship to my solutions I provide.

Once I have your screen shot I will provide another update installer that will do everything you need all you would need to do as this is a broad range installer is go down and select the dsdt by processor model. I believe based on your signature you have a Q8500?

In order to save a screenshot use grab and let it take the photo then select under file in your menu bar save or save as.

surfgurl

surfgurl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi

First all the work that has been done on this board is amazing and I have read through all of the posts actually since I bought this board when I couldnt get my Asus P5B-VM to do Snow Leopard.

I have tried every boot disk, myhack, kakewalk, etc that says that it should be able to work with this board including changing the bios from f3 through f6 and i think its time to ask for some help. At this moment I can get this board working with Hazards disk and using the Black kernel but after using it for a few days there slowly seems to be mounting issues that snowball and make the install unusable.

I am a savvy computer person having been everything from tech support to head of MIS for companies and now its become personal for me and this board since everyone seems to be able to get this board working without much trouble.

My setup is

G41m-es2l V1.0
Bios f6 -HPET enabled 64bit, S3 etc
Pentium D 930
Sata HD and DVD
Nvidia 7800gt Vid Card
Wireless Apple Keyboard
Broadcom Wireless Linksys wmp300n

and nothing else I have stripped it down to essentials removing the wireless and trying both a 7600gt card and an 8600gt card that I have.

My questions are as follows
What essential kexts are needed specifically for this board most importantly which ATA, SATA, and Special Fix kexts are needed?
Bootloader that worked best?
A good guide to muck around in the DSDT and explain what your doing rather than just cut and paste this here and here?
Is there a good program to allow you to create a DSDT from a clean Hazard install etc?

If anyone could give me a few caveats of tips or eureka moments that helped them get this board working in Snow vanilla 10.6.2 I would be more than happy to accept help from many of you that know so much more than I have been able to figure out. I am going on a Month now trying to wrangle this board into working.

Any help or hints or caveats about hardware that I am working with would be very much appreciated.

thanks for your time and all your efforts,

Cheers

Ashley :)

ridgeline

ridgeline

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Okay Ashley you need to stick with the 8600 gfx that will work far better than the 7xxx series due to non native support when you say you tried different boot discs what happened when you tried them? Also you should not need a whole bunch of kexts I am only running 2 in the extras folders once again if you want to run vanilla you need to use a retail method. The only issue I can see might the be processor you are running. There is a good thread just google gigabyte dsdt fixes also I have created a post installer for those running a retail method please IM me for more info so we don't kill this thread. Chameleon reworked with Asere bln is the best bootloader at this point this can be found in my post installer

Thanks

bayani69

bayani69

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
I have E6300 and I have it overclocked and running it at 3.28 Ghz with this board. thanks for all your help.

ridgeline

ridgeline

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

I have E6300 and I have it overclocked and running it at 3.28 Ghz with this board. thanks for all your help.

How did you overclock via FSB?

bayani69

bayani69

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Hey Ridgeline, sorry for the late reply... yes under BIOS on MBIT, I enabled the CPU Clock and bumped it up to 312 mhz... Im running on stock cooler so I dont want to push any higher. I noticed too that it did not work with my OCZ ram but worked fine with Crucial RAm. Both were PC6400 DDR2. CPU seems to be fine and running cool I did notice that the Northbridge chip on the board running very HOT.

kuntz

kuntz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

G41M-ES2l Installer v1.4.zip

I installed this and all work so good... i'm running a 10.6.2.. what i need to know to update to 10.6.3?

ty!

ridgeline

ridgeline

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
nothing is needed except the audio installer I posted seperatly earlier in this thread after update run the 10.6.2 applehda installer and you should be good to go.

also I saw in another post you were running hotter than before by about 10 degrees can you please follow my steps on post 240 of this thread and I will see if there is anything we need to change in your dsdt

Rex Luna

Rex Luna

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
hay everybody,
I just got around to updating to 10.6.3. I ran in to the KP for sleep enabler followed by the sound issues.. been banging my head for a wile on the sound thing. I tried iRobie's fix first and then the install package that Ridgeline put together. neither worked for me..
i suspect Ridgeline's installer did not work for me because my Chameleon and extras are installed on a separate partition.
I finally got iRobie's method to work after reading back through some posts and realizing i was using an outdated "mkexttool.app". i downloaded and ran "Kext Utility.app" and now all seems to be well.
thanks again to everyone for doing what you do.

ridgeline

ridgeline

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Rex Luna Chameleon makes a separate partition for the boot loader but what is the advantage of having the extras folder there? just curious.....

Rex Luna

Rex Luna

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Rex Luna Chameleon makes a separate partition for the boot loader but what is the advantage of having the extras folder there? just curious.....

i started doing it on my first hackintosh. there were a lot of reasons to do it then, less so now. it made it a bit easier to keep tract of multiple installs on 1 hd and dual/triple boot. also it keeps the install partition as a clean standard install, that makes it so you can take an HD formatted for a real mac and boot. or stick your hackintosh drive in a real mac with no probs. but mainly it just makes it a bit easier to fix stuff. when i updated to 10.6.3 and got the KP i just have cham boot to my 10.6.2 back up clone partition and fix the files on the 10.6.3.

i am sure there are better ways to do it but im to lazy to start over right now..

kuntz

kuntz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

also I saw in another post you were running hotter than before by about 10 degrees can you please follow my steps on post 240 of this thread and I will see if there is anything we need to change in your dsdt

i don't know if there is a problem with readings but in Seven speedfan give me 30degreeC here i have ˜40
Posted Image

thank a lot for support! :(

cybercap

cybercap

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
hi everyone

for QE/CI i use NVEnabler64, it works (i have a nvidia 9500GT)
i know i haven't got a top-end card but just wanted to know if any other methods provide BETTER acceleration, better graphic score.
Or do all ways (dsdt, efi string, kexts) get same results ?

thanks

Anyway, i'll soon start a new isntall on an SSD i brougt back from Japan :D

edit: ridge, i read your post on psstate, will keep you updtated, i might change my Q8300 with my GF's Q6600 ;)

cybercap

cybercap

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
btw, how good is the ASUS P5E for hackintosh ?

does it go as smooth as the gigabytes?

drflgd87

drflgd87

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I've been running Snow Leopard since it first came out, now at 10.6.3 (updated recently), on a G41M-ES2L and EP35-DS3 successfully, thanks to you and some other dear 'Machackers' in this forum... thanks a bunch, man.

Now, I'm putting up a photo manual for my circle of friends, and I wish to share it with everyone here:

http://www.facebook....mp;l=d188020eaa

cybercap

cybercap

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

I've been running Snow Leopard since it first came out, now at 10.6.3 (updated recently), on a G41M-ES2L and EP35-DS3 successfully, thanks to you and some other dear 'Machackers' in this forum... thanks a bunch, man.

Now, I'm putting up a photo manual for my circle of friends, and I wish to share it with everyone here:

http://www.facebook....mp;l=d188020eaa

great thanks for sharing your enthousiasm :)

i changed my Q8300 for an oc Q6600 which works great (btw ridgeline your dsdt for Q6600 shows it as unknow i changed the cputype in smbios to 1281 for quad) but it gets much hotter (even without touching the native voltage) between 50 and 60°C but still seems to be ok. i got the intel fan
i don't want to make it an OC discussion here but just to ask if the cpu power saving BIOS options (eist,...) still need to be all disabled for hackintosh

thanks

ridgeline

ridgeline

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Cybercap if you would please provide the info I have asked for back on post 240 of this thread I will gladly look at the dsdt and see what needs to be corrected.

cybercap

cybercap

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Cybercap if you would please provide the info I have asked for back on post 240 of this thread I will gladly look at the dsdt and see what needs to be corrected.

Hi

sorry just got back from Japan last week end with some trouble cause of the ash cloud.

you mean the psstate on post 238 for my (new) Q6600 , ok i'll look into this quickly !

as a aside, do you know how to do to get my heapdhones switch off the speakers when pluuged in ?
(i have sound coming out from both parts). i can switch manually from one to another but it is not done automatically

another question: i have an external hard drive that is NTFS and was used with windows 7. I would like to use in in both MacOSX and windows versions (it's my lightroom photo catalog). But when plugged in my Hac it is read-only.
Do i need to reformat in HFS and if i do, will it be R/W under windows (including XP)

thanks

ridgeline

ridgeline

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Okay guys here is a newly updated installer I added the E6550 DSDT

http://www.mediafire.com/?yy053iygnmg

Cybercap,
Yes get me the pstates, also don't reformat anything. I will get you a link for the ntfs 3g from Macfuse. there is a free version floating around and it will allow you to read and write NTFS from the Mac side. also if you need to Macdrive works great on the Windows side to view and write to HFS+ Journaled file systems.

Here is the link for the NTFS-3g should help you out Cybercap,

http://sourceforge.n...sx.dmg/download

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy