cybercap

cybercap

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

got mines working perfectly at 10.6.3

with updated sleepenabler

humm damn i thought sleepeanbler was a nasty trick to avoid if possible :)

i tried what i thought to be an updated sleepenabler recently, went to sleep twice but not the third time (wtf ??)

would you be kind enough to post a link to the updated version again, i'll give it another try ?

thanks

nandor690

nandor690

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
I was reading about that as well and it's very interesting stuff. That would be nice to not have to mess with editing dsdt , although lately you have been doing most of the dsdt work :( so it's not that bad. Thanks by the way.

On another note, I finished setting up dual boot of win 7 and snow leopard on one 500 g harddrive (250 each)
and using another 500g for time machine and win 7 back up.

cybercap

cybercap

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
just a little question:

i'm trying to clone SL partition which is on a 160gb/8mb cache Samsung disk to a better 500gb/16mb WDC disk. Made the copy first with disk utility and tried also carbon copy cloner.

the copy is ok but the new disk does not boot (even if i change boot order in bios and even if i specify in SL boot order to use the new disk)
it is stuck at post after the DMI check.......

when i boot on the old one and THEN go to the startup options during the skull display, i can change to the new disk and it boots on it!

must be some chameleon edit or so,
can i change the default boot disk there
can anybody help ?

cj95

cj95

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

just a little question:

i'm trying to clone SL partition which is on a 160gb/8mb cache Samsung disk to a better 500gb/16mb WDC disk. Made the copy first with disk utility and tried also carbon copy cloner.

the copy is ok but the new disk does not boot (even if i change boot order in bios and even if i specify in SL boot order to use the new disk)
it is stuck at post after the DMI check.......

when i boot on the old one and THEN go to the startup options during the skull display, i can change to the new disk and it boots on it!

must be some chameleon edit or so,
can i change the default boot disk there
can anybody help ?

you mean this?

<key>Default Partition</key>
<string>hd(0,3)</string>

add this in apple.com.boot.plist in your extra folder on the default disk

0 being the disk and 3 being the partition .

this is the sleep enabler i used:
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=196466

ridgeline

ridgeline

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
The reason it does not boot when you change the boot order under bios is because that disk does not have a boot loader on it. Open my post installer and select only the chameleon boot loader under the custom install option and make sure you select the correct hdd to install to and run it then reboot go into bios select your order the way you want it and save then restart should be good to go. The entry into the plist mentioned above is select a partition on a disk not a different disk.

cybercap

cybercap

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
ok i'll try this !

btw my skull image display is corrupted (see attached), any info how to fix that and change that image ?

Attached Files

cybercap

cybercap

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
OUPS :)

selected only chameleon and the right disk as you said and changed boot order ini bios, and now i have kind of a tonymac startup screen , was it hidden before ?

messages (see attached), asks me to press a key

to enter startup options, the line under the apples is completely unreadable (totally screwed, like the bug i mentionned just before)

and when i get into SL i lost all my graphics, default is 1024x768 and nothing else :(
;)

Attached Files

ridgeline

ridgeline

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
That is because it installs the skull theme separately my mistake.

Okay simply run my complete post installer package on that drive again and you should be good. what screen res are you trying to use so maybe we can fix the corrupted screen.

Is the corrupted skull somewhat new or has it done this the entire time?

ridgeline

ridgeline

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Cybercap on Monday I will be back at my hac and I will get you instructions on how to get me the c-states for you processor after a lot of research and talking with another dsdt guy I have come to the conclusion that is your problem as the c-states in both the dsdt you tried did not have your specific dsdt hence why sleep and speedstep may not be functioning.

ridgeline

ridgeline

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Okay for anyone having issues with the speedstep or sleep with there install, using my post installer with my dsdt. I believe I have the solution. The problem lies at all of us using different processors, each processor has multiple pstates . some may only have 3 mine for example have 5. I can help you with this it will not take long and all I need you to do is a very basic process to get me your pstates.
I have attached a folder that has a pstate kext that you can install with kext utility and then run the pstate changer program once the kext is installed. select the pState. and use grab or take a picture and email or post it and I will modify the dsdt to your correct pstates and post back to you. Once again most issues with sleep are related to an incorrect scope in the dsdt as the one I packaged includes my scope. It will not take long and you will run cooler with more accurate speed step. Please include your processor model with the pstate picture as I will start a library so I only have to do this once.
Posted Image

Attached Files

smirnov

smirnov

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello!

Gigabyte G41M-ES2L
q8300 Core 2 Quad 2500.0 MHz 333.0 MHz
DDR2 2048 MBytes
audio and video on board

After install SL i have just 1280x1024 resolution, but i need 2048x1152 for Display SyncMaster 2343.
Please help!

ridgeline

ridgeline

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
GMA4500 is not supported you should buy a video card, I picked up a 256mb GeForce 8400GS for like $25 shipped new on ebay. works great.

smirnov

smirnov

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

GMA4500 is not supported you should buy a video card, I picked up a 256mb GeForce 8400GS for like $25 shipped new on ebay. works great.

GF 8400GS support GMA4500?

Ok. If I buy this card, what i must to do? Reinstal MacOS or install some driver?

Help please! I dont want Win7!!! :wacko:

ridgeline

ridgeline

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
how did you install mac to begin with?

GMA4500 is your internal GFX by intel that are not supported so you must use a different GFX card that based on this board you would be best off using PCI Express card like mentioned above.

ridgeline

ridgeline

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
I now have a corrected dsdt for those running the E7500 2.9ghz core 2 duo. running this board G41M

smirnov

smirnov

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

how did you install mac to begin with?

GMA4500 is your internal GFX by intel that are not supported so you must use a different GFX card that based on this board you would be best off using PCI Express card like mentioned above.

My install properties:

10.6.2,Cham RC3/PCEFI 10.5, NVEnabler, ElliotforcelegacyRTC, SMBIOSResolver, ALC889a, RTL8169

Everything working perfect, except video resolution.

I now have a corrected dsdt for those running the E7500 2.9ghz core 2 duo. running this board G41M

Where or how I can get dsdt to q8300 Core 2 Quad 2500.0 MHz 333.0 MHz ?

ridgeline

ridgeline

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Wow okay First of all you have an outdated pcefi and your board does not have the ALC 889 you should have a 888B also NVEnabler only helps if you don't have Graphics Enabler set to yes on your com.apple.boot.plist Also NV Enabler only helps once you are using a nvidia gfx card instead of onboard gfx. The rtc kext and smbios resolver is only needed until you have a patched DSDT.

For your DSDT please look at this page post #230 and follow my instructions I will make your corrected dsdt and include it in the installer I am currently updating. Once this is done to fix your issues you should just need to run my post installer and everything except Graphics will be fixed until you buy a GFX card. T

This will also help for CyberCap has the same processor

ridgeline

ridgeline

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Okay as mentioned I have been working on the issues that my dsdt worked for only some of you. The problem lies in the fact once again as mentioned before we all use different processors, I am going to be continually updating the Post Installer project for this board but help would be goo please refer to this page post #230 for what I am asking for. Here is the link to the updated post installer. I have taken away the easy install and made it a custom install only. There is a lot in this installer however I have already enabled the items required and I only recommend changing these if you are having issues. Also the only thing that you must check is a DSDT. I have the following processor corrected DSDT's included and with your help hope to build this library more. I have The E7300, E7500, of the Core 2 Duo and I have the Q6600 of the Core 2 Quad. My system is running flawless and I would just like to help as many people as possible by updating this so. If there is something you think should be in the post installer or you would just like to help with the Pstate and adding additional processors to the installer please let me know.
Thanks,
Ridgeline.
http://www.mediafire...kml2jy/Gigabyte G41M-ES2l Installer v1.4.zip

bayani69

bayani69

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Thanks Ridgeline....

Love the graphics on the new installer!!!

ridgeline

ridgeline

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Thanks Ridgeline....

Love the graphics on the new installer!!!

Hey man what processor are you using?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy