EVGA x58 Installation Guide

JaE-V

136 posts in this topic

i'm having this same problem as well. i did one install to find it, then looked through this thread, reformatted the drive partition and went in fo ra fresh install with chameleon 640 version and got it again. i've followed the install word-for word outside of modifying the boot.plist because i'm not quite sure what to do with that

it's the only problem i may actually have so far but i'm installing off a retail copy using kalyway 10.5.2. i'm literally this.close to snow leopard :[

specs are in my sig. i'm stumped ; p

has anyone got this resolved? i am using RC4. same situation.

I_Spectre,

What part are you at? Can you give details? Have you gotten Snow Leopard 10.6.0 installed? What are your KEXT's? You are aware there are 32bit and 32/64bit. Do you have the correct version kext for the particular OSX version. Its very simple to install using a friends Mac to install a vanilla SL using a USB to SATA adapter. VMware Workstation with Leopard works as well found via bit torrent for Windows machine also using USB to SATA.

Try Transmac or Mac Drive to get into your Mac patrician through Windows to adjust your install works great.

I_Spectre,

What part are you at? Can you give details? Have you gotten Snow Leopard 10.6.0 installed? What are your KEXT's? You are aware there are 32bit and 32/64bit. Do you have the correct version kext for the particular OSX version. Its very simple to install using a friends Mac to install a vanilla SL using a USB to SATA adapter. VMware Workstation with Leopard works as well found via bit torrent for Windows machine also using USB to SATA.

Try Transmac or Mac Drive to get into your Mac patrician through Windows to adjust your install works great.

i have kalaways 10.5.2 on one drive and with that i used DD's script to install 10.6.0 on a second drive with 2 partitions and installed10.6.0 on the first partition. i used the default kexts in the script, chameleon RC4 boot loader and i am booting with -v -x arch=i386.

post-508873-1269266130_thumb.jpg

i have kalaways 10.5.2 on one drive and with that i used DD's script to install 10.6.0 on a second drive with 2 partitions and installed10.6.0 on the first partition. i used the default kexts in the script, chameleon RC4 boot loader and i am booting with -v -x arch=i386.

post-508873-1269266130_thumb.jpg

Are you using a DSDT?

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext seems to not be in the /Extra/Extensions

Go here to get: http://www.kexts.com/cat/3-miscellaneous.h...age=3&sort=

List what you have there? (/Extra/Extensions)

Are you using a DSDT?

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext seems to not be in the /Extra/Extensions

Go here to get: http://www.kexts.com/cat/3-miscellaneous.h...age=3&sort=

List what you have there? (/Extra/Extensions)

it is listed different (/extra/stored_kexts) this is a shot of that folder. notice that there is a folder _for_system with more kexts in it. i am using the DSDT that is part of the script.

post-508873-1269298656_thumb.png

I would try changing the name of the folder /Extra/Stored_Kexts to what must be the default for Chameleon. Directory /Extra/Extensions.

"folder _for_system" this might be the kexts that need to go in the /Systems/Library/Extensions and you need to reset permissions also.

My com.apple.boot.plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Default Partition</key>

<string>hd(0,2)</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1680x1050x32</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Instant Menu</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>busratio=20</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>3</string>

</dict>

</plist>

I would try changing the name of the folder /Extra/Stored_Kexts to what must be the default for Chameleon. Directory /Extra/Extensions.

"folder _for_system" this might be the kexts that need to go in the /Systems/Library/Extensions and you need to reset permissions also.

My com.apple.boot.plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Default Partition</key>

<string>hd(0,2)</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1680x1050x32</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Instant Menu</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>busratio=20</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>3</string>

</dict>

</plist>

Ok i started from scratch again and i now have it up and booting normally. working on sound now.

thanks everyone for your help

Edit: i installed the voodooHDA.kext into S/L/E with the kext helper repaired permissions with kext utility but still nothing listed in output devices in preferences.

Edit: i got output devices listed in preferences and i have sound in line out but not in SPDIF out. any ideas?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...