965P-DS4 Success with Retail 10.6 - 64 Bit

134 posts in this topic

Here a "generic" archive for the motherboard GA-965P-DS4 (rev.2 & rev.3.3)

Changes/Add from previous archive:

- Remove unnecessary kexts

- a compiled DSDT.aml with:

• Marvell 8056 + Time Machine Fix (DSDT)
  • ALC888 (DSDT)
  • Reset BIOS Fix
  • UHCI/EHCI (Wake After Sleep Fix)
  • No GFX you have to add gfx string in com.apple.Boot.plist or use a .kext

965pds4.jpg

965p_ds4_Extra.zip

Enjoy ! ;)

• Like 1

• ALC888 (DSDT)
  • Reset BIOS Fix

965pds4.jpg

965p_ds4_Extra.zip

Enjoy ! ;)

Would this work with the GA-965P-DS3P rev 3.3?

Would this work with the GA-965P-DS3P rev 3.3?

Yes i think the DSDT.aml should fit your configuration. The GA-965P-DS3P rev 3.3 is very close to the GA-965p-DS4, their chipsets are the same :

GA-965P-DS3P

GA-965P-DS4

You're lucky, i also have a 8800GTS 320Mo : My DSDT.aml.zip

• ALC888 (DSDT)
  • Reset BIOS Fix
  • GeForce 8800 GTS 320Mo (DSDT)

Yes i think the DSDT.aml should fit your configuration. The GA-965P-DS3P rev 3.3 is very close to the GA-965p-DS4, their chipsets are the same :

GA-965P-DS3P

GA-965P-DS4

You're lucky, i also have a 8800GTS 320Mo : My DSDT.aml.zip

• ALC888 (DSDT)
  • Reset BIOS Fix
  • GeForce 8800 GTS 320Mo (DSDT)

Thanks, I'll give it a go and see what happens.

One thing, is quartz extreme working for you?

It was working in leopard until recently (don't know what I have done to kill it) now things like itunes coverflow don't work

EDIT nevermind got it working again, deleted my DSDT.aml are recreated it and quartz extreme is working again

Thanks, I'll give it a go and see what happens.

One thing, is quartz extreme working for you?

It was working in leopard until recently (don't know what I have done to kill it) now things like itunes coverflow don't work

EDIT nevermind got it working again, deleted my DSDT.aml are recreated it and quartz extreme is working again

Deckert,

Can you show me exactly what you have in your Extra/Extensions folder and attach a copy of your DSDT.aml file? I have the exact same setup as you with the 8800 GTS 640Mb. Everything is working on mine except the IDE ports. I cant seem to get the VIA drivers to load. I loaded the driver's from the post from Innerz, but I kept crashing on com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController and com.apple.iokit.Apple.Yukon2.

It all works on my drive with 10.5.8. I've tried using that DSDT.aml file and using the same contents of my Extra/Extensions folder, but no luck... Is your DSDT in root or the Extra folder?

Thanks,

Parker

Deckert,

Can you show me exactly what you have in your Extra/Extensions folder and attach a copy of your DSDT.aml file? I have the exact same setup as you with the 8800 GTS 640Mb. Everything is working on mine except the IDE ports. I cant seem to get the VIA drivers to load. I loaded the driver's from the post from Innerz, but I kept crashing on com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController and com.apple.iokit.Apple.Yukon2.

It all works on my drive with 10.5.8. I've tried using that DSDT.aml file and using the same contents of my Extra/Extensions folder, but no luck... Is your DSDT in root or the Extra folder?

Thanks,

Parker

Hi, I am still using Leopard atm (haven't tried snow yet).

Not currently using any of the kexts Innerz posted

My DSDT.aml is in /Extra and is currently unmodified from what was generated by DSDT Patcher 1.0.1e

If you have the same motherboard as I do, the IDE port is controlled by the JMicron chip along with the two purple SATA ports, so you shouldn't need to load any VIA related kexts.

I don't use the IDE port at all so I don't know if it is working how my system is set up

/Extra

- DSDT.aml

- Extensions

- Extensions.mkext

- Themes

- com.apple.Boot.plist

- smbios.plist

/Extra/Extensions

- AHCIPortInjector.kext

- ATAPortInjector.kext

- AppleACPIButtons.kext

- AppleACPIEC.kext

- AppleACPILPC.kext

- AppleACPIPCI.kext

- AppleACPIPlatform.kext

- AppleACPIPowerSource.kext

- AppleAHCIPort.kext

- AppleDecrypt.kext

- ApplePCIConfigurator.kext

- Disabler.kext

- IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext

- IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

- IOAHCIFamily.kext

- IOAHCISerialATAPI.kext

- JMicronATA.kext

- JMicronATAInjector.kext

DSDT.rar

Hi, I am still using Leopard atm (haven't tried snow yet).

Not currently using any of the kexts Innerz posted

My DSDT.aml is in /Extra and is currently unmodified from what was generated by DSDT Patcher 1.0.1e

If you have the same motherboard as I do, the IDE port is controlled by the JMicron chip along with the two purple SATA ports, so you shouldn't need to load any VIA related kexts.

I don't use the IDE port at all so I don't know if it is working how my system is set up

/Extra

- DSDT.aml

- Extensions

- Extensions.mkext

- Themes

- com.apple.Boot.plist

- smbios.plist

/Extra/Extensions

- AHCIPortInjector.kext

- ATAPortInjector.kext

- AppleACPIButtons.kext

- AppleACPIEC.kext

- AppleACPILPC.kext

- AppleACPIPCI.kext

- AppleACPIPlatform.kext

- AppleACPIPowerSource.kext

- AppleAHCIPort.kext

- AppleDecrypt.kext

- ApplePCIConfigurator.kext

- Disabler.kext

- IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext

- IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

- IOAHCIFamily.kext

- IOAHCISerialATAPI.kext

- JMicronATA.kext

- JMicronATAInjector.kext

Thanks! That gives me something new to go investigate. Maybe the JMicron driver will do the trick.

Hi,

Can't get audio to work using legacy kext as audio is 883, have to use voodoo kext. Tried compiling dsdt.aml at no avail. I've got 512mb on my gfx, is there a way to modify your attached dsdt to reflect this by recompiling it and changing a value in dsdt.dtl? I see nvidia values in there but not sure what to change under vram...? Can't run in 64bit mode as no drivers for atheros yet, so no wireless, bah. :)

Thanks,

Hi,

Can't get audio to work using legacy kext as audio is 883, have to use voodoo kext. Tried compiling dsdt.aml at no avail. I've got 512mb on my gfx, is there a way to modify your attached dsdt to reflect this by recompiling it and changing a value in dsdt.dtl? I see nvidia values in there but not sure what to change under vram...? Can't run in 64bit mode as no drivers for atheros yet, so no wireless, bah. :thumbsdown_anim:

Thanks,

Hi NeoZG,

I'm not expert on audio but I have dabbled with my GA-965P-S3, which also has an ALC883, and had great success.

Please try my patched audio kext pack. Please note that since you have a different mobo it's quite possible that our ALC883 chips don't have the same Pin configuration.

For Digital Surround: link

For Analog 7.1 Surround : link (Download and just use the 3 Legacy kexts from the /Extra/Extensions)

Regards,

Slither2008

Hi NeoZG,

I'm not expert on audio but I have dabbled with my GA-965P-S3, which also has an ALC883, and had great success.

Please try my patched audio kext pack. Please note that since you have a different mobo it's quite possible that our ALC883 chips don't have the same Pin configuration.

For Digital Surround: link

For Analog 7.1 Surround : link (Download and just use the 3 Legacy kexts from the /Extra/Extensions)

Regards,

Slither2008

You are my Hiro! ;)

Works great! Have it all configured. Used the hdef string of your dsdt and placed it into mine, as well as the three kexts.

The remaining issue I have is with the gfx. For some reason I was unable to create a dsdt for my card (no idea what framebuffer it uses) so I used one created for 8800 GTS 320MB. I have Core and Quarz but I am not too happy with the performance. Mind you it is not just about the MB but the architecture is supposed to be different as well.

The other thing is with my PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-215D. I can't burn a DVD successfully or a CD for that matter. I keep getting the 0x8002022 error. I tried changing the drive but same thing happens. It was the case on Leo and now the same thing in Snow. Tried everything, same thing happens in Toast. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Neo

does the above DSDT.aml and kexts work on P965 DS4 rev.1?

Thanks appreciate :D

Yes, work great, although Ionetworking.kext was acting up but since I don't need it I simply removed it. It was causing KP for me.

Another issue I have is an atheros based card that is not supported on a 64bit kernel... hate having to plug in a network cable :D

• ALC888 (DSDT)
  • Reset BIOS Fix

965pds4.jpg

965p_ds4_Extra.zip

Enjoy ! :)

Works here perfectly in 32bit-mode (required because of my ATI gpu that requires some old kexts). Thanks a lot!

UPDATE: Due to changed ATI drivers it now also works like a charm in 64bit! :)

Can you show me exactly what you have in your Extra/Extensions folder and attach a copy of your DSDT.aml file? I have the exact same setup as you with the 8800 GTS 640Mb. Everything is working on mine except the IDE ports.

Parker,

I read somewhere that with 10.6, Apple is trying to kill of IDE support. So it's probably best to let go of this legacy format for the best compatibility. That's the reason why it's gonna be harder to get IDE supported properly with 10.6 even though 10.5 Leopard was working ok with it.

-Daryoon

Just want to report that it was easy to get Snow Leopard installed from scratch via USB boot on a Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 rev 3.3 with F13 bios.

The number one thing that I think is hindering a lot of people is getting a proper DSDT file built. IMHO, this is the way to go as you won't need hack kext or unwieldy EFI injection strings. DSDT are custom to each motherboard/graphics card combo and I have heard that it's even specific to the version of BIOS you are running on the motherboard.

So unless all three of those elements matches, be careful of using other's compiled DSDT files as it may lead to system instability. The "generic" one that Innerz made available, he pulled his graphics specific portion out so it should help those who are using the same motherboard and BIOS version. But again, I suggest you go through and create your own DSDT file with the fixes that Innerz outline:

Network card + Time Machine Fix (DSDT)

Sound (DSDT)

Reset BIOS Fix

UHCI/EHCI (Wake After Sleep Fix)

Lastly, just something I discovered is that all the Kext proceeded by "legacy" are known as dummy kext. Meaning, it's not a binary kext...but simply a container that contains a text .plist. What this does is allow you to keep the binary vanilla kext in the S/L/E and then the dummy kext loaded in /Extra/Extension will map your hardware's device ID to the correct apple Kext file in S/L/E.

This is a huge deal in that each time there is a new version of OSX, you don't have worry about potentially reusing an old patched binary kext from a previous OSX version. Here's a link for more info: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...29279&st=40

So, the custom DSDT and the dummy kext is the best way to a vanilla install of Snow Leopard.

My hackintosh is running nice and can go to deep sleep, wake, reboot, shutdown and my onboard ACL888 sound works great. I have one analog port connect to a pair of headphones and the digital coax out to my 5.1 system. I switch between the two on the fly with a free app from Rouge Amoeba call Sound Source.

-Daryoon

Hello all,

Im trying to boot a retail SL DVD by using my own boot-132 CD using the following kexts and patched DSDL.aml, forever i got a black screen with many white stripes..

Since the error msg go very fast before the black screen and i only have 1 sec to read the msg

** Device in Slot : SLOT -- 1 **

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::Start. - waitForService...blah blah

Yukon Ethernet address: blah blah blah

* screen goes black with white stripes *

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

LegacyHDA.kext

fakesmc.kext

JMicronATA.kext

OpenHaltRestart.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

PlatformUUID.kext

SleepEnabler.kext