I started with an existing Leopard (10.5.8) installation and partitioned one of my other drives as a GUID partition on which I installed Snow Leopard from within Leopard. I proceeded to install Chameleon 2.0 RC1 (somehow RC2 does not work on this system), and overwrote the "boot" file with PC EFI 10.1 from Netkas. I created a DSDT using the DSDT Patcher util found here, and placed it in my Extra folder on the Snow Leopard drive. I threw in some KEXTs I found from another thread and placed:- fakesmc.kext, IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext IONetworkingFamily.kext (with fix for 88E056), OpenHaltRestart.kext into the Extensions folder.
I was so eager to try my install out that I just rebooted, and got an instant KP. Turns out I am an idiot, and was booting from my regular Leopard drive and choosing the Snow Leopard drive in the Chameleon menu. Yeah I know, I was tired.
Anyway, booted from the Snow Leopard drive and got a KP at the welcome screen. Read on here some more and found out it is a Kextcache problem. From Leopard I ran the Kext Utility and created Extensions.mkext both in the /Extras folder and then in the /E/E and rebooted. Got another KP at the welcome screen. An astute reader (I know not who, I am sorry), had recommended booting with 32 bit support, so I gave that a whirl, typing in -v -f -x32 on the Chameleon screen. Bob's your uncle, for I got directly to the Desktop! NO KPs! The same person had then recommended to run the Kext Utility from within Snow Leopard now. So I did and rebooted with 64 Bit support!
And here I am, proud as can be. Next step of course -> Boot 132 for SL!