GA-X48-DS5

DrDrumm

3 posts in this topic

I'm stuck with a blue screen which then turns to grey and a spinning wheel just before the welcome video.

I've followed a lot of guides. Managed to get a good (i think) DSDT.aml file and edited it enough at least that I don't get the CMOS reset bug. Managed to create an Mkext for the /Extra/Extension. I even managed to get the DSMOS has arrived message after a lot of tries and kext fumbling.

But the Motha&$*#er won't start !

I also want to say that I've managed to boot the Install DVD after restoring it to a partition and booting from that. I've even had success at restoring it to a USB stick and booting off of that, BUT at both times a minute into the installation process (when it was showing "19 Min left") I got a KP. Man, that really bummed me out. The only way I got it to work was with osintall.mpkg from Terminal, but then. of course, I still couldn't boot to the system. :(

I have my com.boot file correct. I have good kexts, smb.plist and PlatformUUID.kext

post-24924-1251509337_thumb.jpg

These are the kexts I'm using.

What could be the problem ??

Btw,

Strange that I haven't seen anyone with an x38/48 giving feedback on this subject until now.

Appreciate the help. I'm mostly a side liner never a participator, but I couldn't sit this one out :)