Input Remapper 0.9.14 Beta

Swad

26 posts in this topic

Input Remapper 0.9.14 Beta has been released!

2006-05-24 - Version 0.9.14 Beta

* Fixed: Sluggish mouse movement.

* Fixed: Settings file is no longer polled.

* Fixed: Repeating keys are no longer stopped whith 'key up' events.

Keys bound on MacBook Pro:

* The default keypad like in OSX. This includes num-lock functionality

* fn+Left Click = Right Click

* fn+Backspace = Delete

* fn+Eject = PrintScreen

* fn+F1 = Decrease Brightness

* fn+F2 = Increase Brightness

* fn+F3 = Toggle Mute

* fn+F4 = Decrease Volume

* fn+F5 = Increase Volume

* fn+F6 = Toggle Num-Lock

* fn+Up = Page Up

* fn+Down = Page Down

* fn+Left = Home

* fn+Right = End

* Eject = Eject all optical discs

* Enter = Right mouse button

Any questions, requests, or bug reports should be made in this thread. Thanks!

InputRemapper_0_9_14_Beta.exe

Correct. I have a prototype version for OS X though. Would it be demand for arbitrary remapping to be done from OS X?

I think there is already an app out there that let's you remap OS X keys...

Edit: Yup, there are a couple - DoubleCommand is probably the closest to what we're talking about.

Correct. I have a prototype version for OS X though. Would it be demand for arbitrary remapping to be done from OS X?

Yes, I have many keys on my Microsoft Multimedia keyboard that I would love to have working in OSX. Infact the only ones that work are the volume keys, but keys such as the next/prev track, play/pause, etc would all be very useful.

Thanks!

Hey, i have a few questions.. your program works great, except there is no disable button, i want ot have i on my tray and allow me to enable or disable it.. reason?

Now i am not sure if this is a bug or not, but this is really weird..

The game i play is a 3d fps game, and the way you interact with other players is by pressing enter, then it disables the current game keys(w=up a=left s=down d=right and so forth), so that you can type(chat) what ever you want then once your done typing you press enter again to enable the keys for the game again, the problem is when i have this input remapper on, whenever i pres enter to chat with other players, it completely freezes the keyboard, nothing on the keyboard works, nothing, i cant even exit the game.. only the mouse works.. and thats useless without the keyboard(fullscreen).. so i have to shut it down by the powerbutton.. but when i uninstall the the input remapper , and play the game, its fine..

so heres 2 things you can do..

- have an enable/disable button

- actually try and figure out why it disables the keyboard durring my game

other than this, its a great program.. but i dont want to have to uninstall and install every tim i wanna play the game..

A little bug report, after installing Ctrl + Shift + some key does not work. Ctrl and Shift each work find individually, but hotkeys that require both no longer activate. For example Ctrl + Shift + T in Thunderbird to check mail on all accounts.

Regards.

- have an enable/disable button

- actually try and figure out why it disables the keyboard durring my game

You can disable the program by stopping the Input Remapper service. If you want to create a shortcut, do the following command in the shortcut: "net stop InputRemapper" and for a shortcut that stats the program: "net start InputRemapper". (You do this by right clicking on the desktop and then "New->Shortcut". Just type the commands in the "Type the location of the item:" edit box.)

I'm worknig on moving the remapping to the kernel now, and when that's done the bug should not occur. If it does I will take a look at it then.

A little bug report, after installing Ctrl + Shift + some key does not work. Ctrl and Shift each work find individually, but hotkeys that require both no longer activate. For example Ctrl + Shift + T in Thunderbird to check mail on all accounts.

From what I can tell it doesn't matter if Input Remapper is started or not. The shortcut is accessibly by ctrl+win+t instead of ctrl+shift+t in both cases.

I'm seriously tinkering with the idea of making my next notebook a MacBook Pro. Since I have to use a couple of programs which are running only under Windows XP, it is important to me to be able use the MBP like any other Intel PC. By searching the web I've discovered your tool, which looks like it would help productivity for XP users... But I still have some questions: Does this tool allow me to map the characters to the ones printed on the MBP keyboard - so that I don't have to "search" for characters? (e.g. could the @ sign be mapped to the L-Key, like printed on the key?!) How about special characters like the "backslash" oder Euro-Sign?

Thanks and keep up the good work,

Tom

From what I can tell it doesn't matter if Input Remapper is started or not. The shortcut is accessibly by ctrl+win+t instead of ctrl+shift+t in both cases.

Not in my case, it was definitely Ctrl + Shift + T before input remapper (been doing it for months). Afterwards I cannot find any combination that activates it. I tried the Ctrl + Win + T, but it didn't work for me.

First I would like to thank you for a really great utility. It makes it possible for me to use Windows XP as I normally would with the internal keyboard on my new MacBook.

However I have one request, which is to make it possible to map the enter key to the regular "right mouse button" found on Windows keyboards. Because when I type in Word, I normally move the cursor to the appropriate object and then press this key. With the present solution on the other hand, Windows uses the mouse pointer instead when deciding where and in accordance to which object the right click menu is displayed. This way I have to revert to the mouse pointer, which is a little awkward for me. So I would really like to see this feature implemented.

Again, thanks again for a fantastic program which I have grown highly dependent on.

First I would like to thank you for a really great utility. It makes it possible for me to use Windows XP as I normally would with the internal keyboard on my new MacBook.

However I have one request, which is to make it possible to map the enter key to the regular "right mouse button" found on Windows keyboards. Because when I type in Word, I normally move the cursor to the appropriate object and then press this key. With the present solution on the other hand, Windows uses the mouse pointer instead when deciding where and in accordance to which object the right click menu is displayed. This way I have to revert to the mouse pointer, which is a little awkward for me. So I would really like to see this feature implemented.

Again, thanks again for a fantastic program which I have grown highly dependent on.

Unistall the program and reinstall it. In the configuration dialog for the "Remap 'Enter' to" dropdown choose "Menu". This should should accomplish what you are looking for.

I'm seriously tinkering with the idea of making my next notebook a MacBook Pro. Since I have to use a couple of programs which are running only under Windows XP, it is important to me to be able use the MBP like any other Intel PC. By searching the web I've discovered your tool, which looks like it would help productivity for XP users... But I still have some questions: Does this tool allow me to map the characters to the ones printed on the MBP keyboard - so that I don't have to "search" for characters? (e.g. could the @ sign be mapped to the L-Key, like printed on the key?!) How about special characters like the "backslash" oder Euro-Sign?

Thanks and keep up the good work,

Tom

If it doesn't work out of the box, its definately possbile to customize Input Remapper to do this. You can remap any key combination to any other key combination.

great idea for a project! i was wondering... would it be possible to use this so that an apple pro keyboard was remapped in windows on a pc/hackintosh? things like the eject key and @ sign etc ? or is it just for mbp? If it is possible for the apple keyboard i would be happy tto spend time customising the remapper for this. would i beable to upload the customised remappings?

good work

Hello,

I just wanted to report that I installed InputRemapper on my MacBook and it seems to work fine. I couldnt find any confirmation that it worked on the MacBook (all the information mentions the MacBook Pro) but I thought I would take the plunge and see what happens and I was nicely surprised when it worked. Nice piece of software!

Thanks

edit:

Actually, I spoke too soon! I got a blue screen of death today and the machine rebooted and then Windows went to a black screen. Ouch! Anyway, I booted into safe mode and uninstalled it and it seems fine now (fingers crossed). Oh well, lets hope Apple eventually release some drivers that offer similar functionality to InputRemapper for the MacBook.

hi - is there still a mac os x version in the works? i'd love to be able to properly map my keys to my PC keyboard on my - ahem - intel mac.

After the Windows version has gone non-beta I might work on the mac version to get it high quality enough to release it. Right now I have it working for the keyboard only and the kernel extension can not load at startup etc. Much work to be done before release.

Hi. Ive never heard of this project or website before, but I searched for a fn->ctrl hack and Finally found this website. It works on my Macbook (not pro) really great. Just one request, I want to bind enter(not return, i mean the button to the left of home) to ctrl, because of a game I play. Is this possible?

Thanks!!

Is there any way to make the configuration dialog appear again? The one when you click on the task tray icon is different and looks harder to use than the wizard type one.

Yep! I also miss the nice wizard :angry:, I've uninstalled to re-gain it.

However there is one big problem I'm having.

No matter how... it seems alt key is working as it should.

Under Pro Tools I cannot use the MAJOR following combination.

Alt+Drag (using mouse) to duplicate.

Alt+Shift+D to duplicate tracks.

Is there something I've missed. I've also tried to AltGr (right cmd button) but no luck.

Thanks! great app. why apple don't take the time to write a proper driver ... :blink:

I really appreciate your commitment to Input Remapper, but I have had one really big problem.

When I try to control my display brightness with the fn+f1 or f2 shortcuts, my system crashes immediately. This happens almost every time I try to adjust the brightness. Using Apple's default menu item icon I can control the brightness with no problem, but when I use that shortcut it crashes and restarts.

I am using a MacBook Pro with 1GB ram and a fresh copy of Windows XP Pro.

Hopefully someone knows what the problem is. thanks.

My version says the tilde key has been remapped, but I guess I missed this during configuration-what do I press to get the tilde key if it says it's remapped to this:

Extended(1)|Mouse/Keyboard Generate (Tilde)

?

What is Extended(1)? Sorry for the noob question, but everything else works with remapping except my tilde key on a MacBook Pro.

Thanks.