Kernel panic immediately during boot

tehnick

34 posts in this topic

check your hard drives. Found WD5000AAKB causing trouble. Found article on PC World taht talks about how Snow Leopard finds bad kextrs hardware that runs find in Leopard but will not work with Snow Leopard. Still tring to get SL to install but now the panic is gone

I tried booting the install with all my hard drives disconnected to make sure that wasn't the case. No luck.

There is also no option for ACPI 2.0 in my BIOS anywhere. I have a Gigabyte EX58-UD3R (Core i7) with the latest BIOS.

I tried booting the install with all my hard drives disconnected to make sure that wasn't the case. No luck.

There is also no option for ACPI 2.0 in my BIOS anywhere. I have a Gigabyte EX58-UD3R (Core i7) with the latest BIOS.

In my bios under power tab > acpi 2. support. If I disable it than SL kernel panics immediately, If I Enable it Everzthing is OK.

I have the exact same panic, immediately on loading the kernel before any kexts, on an asus P5K pro. I have an ACPI 2.0 setting in the bios and it makes no difference so I don't think that's the problem...

Edit: Ignore my sig. It's somewhat out of date!