lmao, exactly. It would suck to have nothing to fix.
Try in 64-bit mode with some of the 10.6 kexts Stellarola collected at his blog - Including new versions of the Chameleon AHCI kexts:
(if the link gets removed, just google 'Stell's blog' and you'll find it).
There's also a new, patched AppleIntelPIIATA.kext (I think that's what it's called) floating around somewhere, maybe you can do something with that.
I just found Sells' blog this morning. I have been retrieving the files and placing them on a drive accessable to my SnowLeo system. I plan to give them a try later today. Thanks for the pointer though.
I solve this problem by running the Kext Utility application and then restart.
This application can be downloaded here:
You don't need to drop any file on it, just double click the application
The application will repair permission, rebuild extension.mkext. for E/E and S/L/E
Hope it help
I have not tried the Kext utility, but I have it now and will try along with the other test later today.
I said in an earlier post that I had few SATA bios options. Either no or off and native mode - whatever that is. Well, I turned on native mode and it didn't help access the SATA drive from the SL system. However, it did make a change. Now, under Leopard 10.5.8 the SATA drive shows up under the primary SATA port and not the secondary. Not sure if that will help or hinder later on.