Leopard Upgrade?

sowfsyde

3 posts in this topic

Several months ago I performed a Boot 132 install of the Leopard 10.5.6 retail distribution on a GA-EP45-UD3R rig. It’s been performing admirably. I’ve upgraded to Leopard version 10.5.7 and 10.5.8 directly from Apple’s update site with no issues.

My question is this… Can I purchase Snow Leopard and perform an upgrade of my existing Leopard installation or do I need to do complete, fresh re-install? Opinions?

Several months ago I performed a Boot 132 install of the Leopard 10.5.6 retail distribution on a GA-EP45-UD3R rig. It’s been performing admirably. I’ve upgraded to Leopard version 10.5.7 and 10.5.8 directly from Apple’s update site with no issues.

My question is this… Can I purchase Snow Leopard and perform an upgrade of my existing Leopard installation or do I need to do complete, fresh re-install? Opinions?

hi what guide did you use to install on a ga-ep45-ud3r i cant get it to work... thanks

hi what guide did you use to install on a ga-ep45-ud3r i cant get it to work... thanks

This is what I used as the base info for my build http://zackham.com/2009/3/3/building-a-hac...sh-the-easy-way . I needed addtional help for video and audio drivers. That info came from searching the OSx86 Leopard forum. Booting was problematic for a while but fixed with Chameleon_DFE_for_Hard_Disk.