a problem with newer (for help!)10.4.6

new secendhand

10 posts in this topic

today my first time of mac install,i have cast one day for download the iso kf mac,and install it correctly,when reboot the vm,it stop at the black screen with the last line that no airport driver found, and no response to any key i pressed! the stop screen is the picture blow,who can tell me what the problem is!thank U all! b48bb154cfe07972d00906e6.jpg

post-478258-1251440478_thumb.jpgwhy ???? the picture can not shown????

you do know that 10.4 is exceptionally outdated...

also you are posting in the wrong place... the forum guidelines box even says so... post it where it says

yeah i know ,but i have downloaded a later version ,it can't be installed.so i want to use the earlier version which i think will be ok! who knows! the same!

what hardware do you have.... and have you tried to boot several times... like once... fail, again....faile again yay, further... type thing... happened on a friends machine installing 10.4.11... Try booting it, and leave it for a long time. Unless you have already.

3Q you are kind-hearted person,i have rebooted it nearky for one day,no use,

unika uc61vms

le1100

kingston 1G/667

seagate 80G sata

i have never heard of, or seen anyone using your mobo...

From what i can see... That seems to be a AMD cpu which is not supported easily. Which Distro/retail disk are you using... The only Tiger disk i know has any AMD support is XxX 10.4.11 universal. It also has the greatest variety of drivers...

yeah i know ,but i have downloaded a later version ,it can't be installed.

Which later version did you download?

Have you tried Kalyway 10.5.2 Intel and AMD? It has support for AMD and works well on older systems.

I've done a quick google for WirelessAirPortDeviceNameCopy() and it appears that a lot of people get that line, but it doesn't usually result in the machine being unable to boot..

If I were you, I'd try and run a minimal system configuration and see if you can get it to boot that way. Then slowly add the hardware back bit by bit. For example...

Open the casing up, unplug anything that isn't essential. So you just have your RAM, CPU and HDD connected to the Motherboard. Then unplug any external hardware you have. Now try and boot. If that doesn't work I'd even take out RAM modules if you have more than one, to check that it isnt an issue with your RAM.

If you can get it working, then connect everything one-by-one until the fault occurs again.. then you have your problem!

Bearing in mind, my experiance has been repairing real apple machines - but the theory could be applied to your situation!

BTW - What distribution are you using? You could try using another one perhaps? Good luck! :D

Edit: Scottapotamas may have hit the nail on the head there; I didn't check your motherboard - if its an AMD one then you may have to hunt around a bit more!

I've done a quick google for WirelessAirPortDeviceNameCopy() and it appears that a lot of people get that line, but it doesn't usually result in the machine being unable to boot..

If I were you, I'd try and run a minimal system configuration and see if you can get it to boot that way. Then slowly add the hardware back bit by bit. For example...

Open the casing up, unplug anything that isn't essential. So you just have your RAM, CPU and HDD connected to the Motherboard. Then unplug any external hardware you have. Now try and boot. If that doesn't work I'd even take out RAM modules if you have more than one, to check that it isnt an issue with your RAM.

If you can get it working, then connect everything one-by-one until the fault occurs again.. then you have your problem!

Bearing in mind, my experiance has been repairing real apple machines - but the theory could be applied to your situation!

BTW - What distribution are you using? You could try using another one perhaps? Good luck! :rolleyes:

Edit: Scottapotamas may have hit the nail on the head there; I didn't check your motherboard - if its an AMD one then you may have to hunt around a bit more!

oh ,the board is a AMD one!is the intel easyer than AMD?

and my problem can't be a hardware one,because i use the vmware to install the mac ,i just for spending the time of working ,it's boring!

actually, i've no idea with what macos is and the way it works!