SMBIOS Final Cut Pro Fix

macwanabe

33 posts in this topic

Hi All

I am using Chameleon 2 with EFI 10.1 and SMBIOS.plist. Yet I still have the same error with Final Cut Pro and Log and Transfer crashing. I used to use Netkas SMBIOS and this fixed the problem no more crashes on Leopard. I tried the kext on Snow and it fixes the Log and transfer but then I get random kernel panics, so I am back with Snow SMBIOS and no log and transfer.

Does anyone know how to fix this with smbios.plist or do we need a new 10.6 SMBIOS patch.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Hi All

I am using Chameleon 2 with EFI 10.1 and SMBIOS.plist. Yet I still have the same error with Final Cut Pro and Log and Transfer crashing. I used to use Netkas SMBIOS and this fixed the problem no more crashes on Leopard. I tried the kext on Snow and it fixes the Log and transfer but then I get random kernel panics, so I am back with Snow SMBIOS and no log and transfer.

Does anyone know how to fix this with smbios.plist or do we need a new 10.6 SMBIOS patch.

Thanks

i have the same problem running on 10.6 snow leopard, on 10.5 the smbios patch worked like a charm but i just gave up after googleing for 6 hours to get it work and testing different smbios.kexts and plists but none worked i even disabled my audio but extensions repair in extra folder worked it out,

I dont know what to do, i have the same log and transfer crash it just quits without any error after selecting avchd folder (it's same with FCP2 and 3) i think we need new smbios kext patch for snow leo or something oh and btw the log gives this...

9/11/09 10:00:24 PM Final Cut Pro[287] -[NSProgressIndicator animationDelay] is deprecated.

9/11/09 10:00:24 PM [0x0-0x23023].com.apple.FinalCutPro[287] error: Error getting a reference to /options.

9/11/09 10:00:24 PM com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[81] ([0x0-0x23023].com.apple.FinalCutPro[287]) Exited with exit code: 1

and i know that when u delete AVCHD.Radplug from final cut pro package it will not crash but it wil not import the footage too

Why oh why is people OBSESSED with booting the 64bit kernel??

They are uninformed. They dont realize that you need 32 gb of ram the REAL performance of 64-bit comes into fruition. That is why the only Macs that use 64 bit right now are Xserve servers (the ones that actually use 32gb of ram!).

Its on early development stages anyway.

No, its in Xserve Servers, that would mean that it is released and not in development stage.

They are uninformed. They dont realize that you need 32 gb of ram the REAL performance of 64-bit comes into fruition. That is why the only Macs that use 64 bit right now are Xserve servers (the ones that actually use 32gb of ram!).

No, its in Xserve Servers, that would mean that it is released and not in development stage.

booted to x32 nothing changed, i dont know what i need to do if i need old plist or smbios.kext but its quitting on log&transfer

hey macwanabe,

how about this! I used chameleon rc2 but don't remember which "boot' is used. I never use DSDT, run vanilla, and only have fakesmc and openhalrestart. kexts in E/extensions folder. Try to use my smbios,kext. also use kext utilities to fix permissions and then place a new extensions.mkext in Extra folder too. Good luck.AppleSMBIOS.kext.zip

I get the DVD Player bug too. I know that my Final Cut Express (not pro) crashes on startup, but I think that's because I just coy-and-pasted the .app from my laptop...

I'm kind of a noob at this, so I'd rather not go screwing up my chameleon and booting stuff, because I just got the machine to actually boot reliably...

I too was using an early RC of Chameleon. I was having all sorts of KP's and FCP would crash on launch. I did a reinstall and transfer of all my files from a time machine backup using Chameleon 2 RC3. and It's all working in 64bit now (other than onboard sound, using USB).

---------

Mini 9 | 1.6GHz Atom | 2GB RAM | 16GB RunCore SSD + 16GB SDHC | OSX 10.6.1 | Apple Airport Wireless-N |

G4 Case | 2.5GHz Core 2 Duo | GA-G31M-ES2L | 4GB RAM | 1.5TB | GeForce 9800 GT+ 512MB | OSX 10.6.1 |

Ok so I decided to try with my onboard ICH9 controller and 64 bit, I have two Sil3132 controllers to add 4 extra SATA ports to my system, I used to use them for my system drive because even after point upgrades I would not need to worry about waiting for root device. Thats why I have only been using it in 32 bits.

Surprise, Final Cut Log and Transfer work in 64 bit kernel and not with 32 bit kernel. This is with Chameleon RC3 and the latest EFI from netkas. Is there something wrong with the 32 bit SMBIOS implementation or is it the SIL 3132 driver? Yet it works perfectly under Leopard.

Ok so I decided to try with my onboard ICH9 controller and 64 bit, I have two Sil3132 controllers to add 4 extra SATA ports to my system, I used to use them for my system drive because even after point upgrades I would not need to worry about waiting for root device. Thats why I have only been using it in 32 bits.

Surprise, Final Cut Log and Transfer work in 64 bit kernel and not with 32 bit kernel. This is with Chameleon RC3 and the latest EFI from netkas. Is there something wrong with the 32 bit SMBIOS implementation or is it the SIL 3132 driver? Yet it works perfectly under Leopard.

WHAT? how to hell did u get it to work? i think im using the same config as you still cant run log&transfer, can you get me your's smbios.plist smbios.kext or something that could be related to it? i really need to get it working, please :(

WHAT? how to hell did u get it to work? i think im using the same config as you still cant run log&transfer, can you get me your's smbios.plist smbios.kext or something that could be related to it? i really need to get it working, please ;)

i dont know if this helps, but i had also much trouble when i upgraded a Leo (10.5.8) to Snow. SiliconImage 3132 was one of the systems that upgrade refused and it was moved to external folder.

I installed snow clean from usb and now kp and other small things are gone.

Kari

none of this has worked for me heres my crash log from console

10/3/09 12:36:18 AM [0x0-0x16016].com.apple.FinalCutPro[174] objc[174]: Class MotionDocumentInfo is implemented in both /Library/Application Support/ProApps/Bundles/Soundtrack Pro Integration.bundle/Contents/MacOS/Soundtrack Pro Integration and /Library/Frameworks/AECore.framework/Versions/A/AECore. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

10/3/09 12:36:18 AM [0x0-0x16016].com.apple.FinalCutPro[174] objc[174]: Class OZTimeMarker is implemented in both /Library/Application Support/ProApps/Bundles/Soundtrack Pro Integration.bundle/Contents/MacOS/Soundtrack Pro Integration and /Library/Frameworks/AECore.framework/Versions/A/AECore. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

10/3/09 12:36:18 AM [0x0-0x16016].com.apple.FinalCutPro[174] objc[174]: Class LicenseObject is implemented in both /Applications/Final Cut Pro.app/Contents/MacOS/Final Cut Pro and /Library/Frameworks/Qmaster.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/SwampTypes.framework/Versions/A/SwampTypes. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

10/3/09 12:36:37 AM Final Cut Pro[174] -[NSProgressIndicator animationDelay] is deprecated.

10/3/09 12:36:37 AM Final Cut Pro[174] -[NSProgressIndicator animationDelay] is deprecated.

10/3/09 12:36:37 AM [0x0-0x16016].com.apple.FinalCutPro[174] error: Error getting a reference to /options.

10/3/09 12:36:37 AM com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[113] ([0x0-0x16016].com.apple.FinalCutPro[174]) Exited with exit code: 1