2 replies to this topic

Toast1421

Toast1421

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hello everyone,  :wacko:

First, let me say that I tried as much as I could, I just did not find answers to my questions.

I have a PC with the following characteristics.

MB: AsusP5k (Basic Model, not the Pro one)

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.00GHz

GPU:Nvidia GeForce 8800Gts 512

RAM:  G.Skill 2x2 Go DDR2-800MHz (PC6400)

DVD
:PioneerDVR-215D - Sata

HDD:Seagate(Maxtor)500Gb - Sata

I would like to install OSX on this configuration.  ;)

Being a noob with those terms, I'm not sure which version to choose, what kind of partition to create (NTFS, FAT32). I only ask small indications. 

I'll only have OSX, no more Windows, so no dualboot. Will I have to format my Data partition too to make it the same type as the one where my OS is installed? (By type, I mean NTFS, FAT...)

With 4Gb of ram, should I install a 64bit OSX like I'm doing for the moment with Windows,or this notion does not exist on Mac? 
If it is formatted in FAT32, will I be able to use bigger files than 4GB ?

What about updates? 
So, those with a similar PC, how did you manage  to install OSX? Of course, these questions are addressed to all those who can help me step by step.

PS:Sorry for my bad English, I hope You'll understand me, I'm from Belgium and we only have 4h of English a week at school. If you don't understand something, tell me, I'll try explain you.  :(

ThankYou

SKORPI0

SKORPI0

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Here's a excellent thread showing a step by step guide to installing OSX Leopard (10.5.8) on any P5K motherboard, using a retail version disk.

P5K-SE - Retail Leopard Instalation, Installing Mac OS X 10.5.8

http://www.insanelym...showtopic=79096

Toast1421

Toast1421

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks mate  :D . I didn't know that it's the same way for P5K-SE.

If someone has other tutorials or advices, don't hesitate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy