[GUIDE] How to install Os X 10.6 on Maximus Formula [V4.0 - BOOT-132!]

nonne9

134 posts in this topic

Sorry dude i have no idea about the ATi stuff but the 10.6.2 update was straight forward enough from the info from this guide. Although i did have problem with 64bit after 10.6.2 (32 bit has been flawless though)

I think I might just have to start over.

If you wanted to go straight to 10.6.2 how would you do it on the Maximus Formula if starting clean?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi (sorry for bad english),

I have 10.6.2 installed in Maximus Formula (bios 1207) with Extra kexts en DSDT.aml and is working perfectly... in 32bit mode only...

I need to type the code "arch=i386" in Chameleon boot screen everytime??? Or I have a way to write this code so that it always run automatically at startup?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I have an issue with the sound driver it works fine but when i connect my usb soundcard/headset it is not shown in the Auidio option but when i remove the audio kext from the Extra\extensions that u supplied temporarily the Usb Soundcard/headset shows and work is there any way to get them both working at the sae time?

when i remove ur supplied audio kext and restart what happens is that the usb headset now relies on the audio kexts in System\Library\Extensions and works fine.

so is there a way to get them both working?

i attached the audio kexts supplied in ur post and also the 1 in ystem\Library\Extension.

Audio Kexts link Here

I have an issue with the sound driver it works fine but when i connect my usb soundcard/headset it is not shown in the Auidio option but when i remove the audio kext from the Extra\extensions that u supplied temporarily the Usb Soundcard/headset shows and work is there any way to get them both working at the sae time?

when i remove ur supplied audio kext and restart what happens is that the usb headset now relies on the audio kexts in System\Library\Extensions and works fine.

so is there a way to get them both working?

i attached the audio kexts supplied in ur post and also the 1 in ystem\Library\Extension.

Audio Kexts link Here

Sorry, just a real noob about this... but how can i do this?

"After installation boot into single-user mode and rm -rf /system/library/extensions/appletymcedriver.kext, was causing kernel panic."

-Bootloader: Chameleon RC3 PCEFI 10.5-

"After installation boot into single-user mode and rm -rf /system/library/extensions/appletymcedriver.kext, was causing kernel panic."

and also I have tried this but it keepstelling me to press power button ...blah, blah to restart...what did i miss...

Install method: Snow Leopard 10.6.1-10.6.2 SSE2 SSE3 Intel AMD by Hazard. Need cpus=1 boot flag or installer fails with kernel panic. Chose only Mac_OS_X_10.6.1, Mac_OS_X_10.6.2, Chameleon RC3 PCEFI 10.5, NVEnabler and Rosetta options. Got "boot0: GPT; boot0: testing; boot0: testing; boot0: error" message if no bootloader was chosen. After installation, had to boot into single-user mode and rm -rf /system/library/extensions/appletymcedriver.kext, was causing kernel panic. Did not need cpus=1 boot flag when booting into OS X.

From this link: http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL#Gigabyte

• GA-G41M-ES2L
  • GMA X4500
  • BIOS version: F6

• Realtek RTL8111C/D(L) LAN
  • Realtek ALC888B HD integrated audio

and also I have tried this but it keepstelling me to press power button ...blah, blah to restart...what did i miss...

Install method: Snow Leopard 10.6.1-10.6.2 SSE2 SSE3 Intel AMD by Hazard. Need cpus=1 boot flag or installer fails with kernel panic. Chose only Mac_OS_X_10.6.1, Mac_OS_X_10.6.2, Chameleon RC3 PCEFI 10.5, NVEnabler and Rosetta options. Got "boot0: GPT; boot0: testing; boot0: testing; boot0: error" message if no bootloader was chosen. After installation, had to boot into single-user mode and rm -rf /system/library/extensions/appletymcedriver.kext, was causing kernel panic. Did not need cpus=1 boot flag when booting into OS X.

From this link: http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL#Gigabyte

• GA-G41M-ES2L
  • GMA X4500

Ok I got this one, and i already boot into "single user mode" and "rm -rf /system/library/extensions/appletymcedriver.kext"... but still my PC's hang boot... it says to press ang hold power button to restart...

• GA-G41M-ES2L
  • Core 2 duo
  • GMA X4500 (Dev id - 2e32)

Install : Snow Leopard 10.6.1-10.6.2 SSE2 SSE3 Intel AMD by Hazard...

Please Help!!!!

• 3 months later...

Just a note...maybe a little late.

I have a ASUS Rampage Formula motherboard and I've been trying the BootCD method (boot132) for install OS X. However, I have had tons of trouble with my CDROM reading the Snow Leopard CD. If I turned on AHCI in my BIOS then I would get endless read errors while attempting to load the Snow Leopard CD. If I turned off AHCI then the CD would boot but then stall out. Using -v I discovered that Snow Leopard was "waiting for the root device." So, I finally had the thought to use an old PATA CDROM with the JMicron disk controllers on my motherboard. This seems to works great, my machine was able to find the HDD (in ACHI mode) and boot off the old PATA CDROM without a hitch.

Just a note if someone else if having trouble with this configuration.

Thanks for all the posts guys!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...