[GUIDE] How to install Os X 10.6 on Maximus Formula [V4.0 - BOOT-132!]

nonne9

134 posts in this topic

So I think i'm being stupid today.

Currently, I have leopard installed on one of my hard drives, working 100%

I burned snow leopard to a Dual layer DVD.

I reboot my comp, press f8, and select boot from DVD drive.

The comp waits two seconds on a black screen and then proceeds to boot from the leopard haddrive, completely ignoring the DVD.

What very simple thing am I missing?

So I think i'm being stupid today.

Currently, I have leopard installed on one of my hard drives, working 100%

I burned snow leopard to a Dual layer DVD.

I reboot my comp, press f8, and select boot from DVD drive.

The comp waits two seconds on a black screen and then proceeds to boot from the leopard haddrive, completely ignoring the DVD.

What very simple thing am I missing?

Well you need to make that DVD bootable on a PC you can try with Boot-132. But if you have a Real Mac you can easily boot from the DVD without patching it

throw these in your extra folder and audio should work..

:unsure: No audio for me. Did you tested them? They works for you?

Well you need to make that DVD bootable on a PC you can try with Boot-132. But if you have a Real Mac you can easily boot from the DVD without patching it

If I understand you correctly, connect the hard drive I want to install snow leopard on to a real mac using an external enclosure? Then follow your steps?

sorry I'm a little out of it today, really appreciate all your help though.

:unsure: No audio for me. Did you tested them? They works for you?

ya works for me, i have a ASUS P5E, which has the same audio card as the maximus formula. it should have worked. i know it not totally vanilla but try just voodoohda in s/l/e. if that doesn't work im not exactly sure whats wrong. that kext is the 64 bit one BTW

If I understand you correctly, connect the hard drive I want to install snow leopard on to a real mac using an external enclosure? Then follow your steps?

sorry I'm a little out of it today, really appreciate all your help though.

YES! Installing with a real Mac will be easier than installing from a PC. So I suggest you to try with Mac first.

No problem we're here to help

:star_smile:

ya works for me, i have a ASUS P5E, which has the same audio card as the maximus formula. it should have worked. i know it not totally vanilla but try just voodoohda in s/l/e. if that doesn't work im not exactly sure whats wrong. that kext is the 64 bit one BTW

OK so I'll try again, this time I'll copy all to System/Library/Extensions then I'll repair permissions thanks again for the .zip!

:thumbsup_anim:

ohhh i think i know why it wouldn't work in extra folder..

i accidently gave you the unmodified ioaudiofamily and osvkerndsplib kext

you must add

<key>OSBundleRequired</key>
<string>Root</string>

to the bottom of the info.plist files of both of those kext and voodoohda should work in the E/E folder.

ohhh i think i know why it wouldn't work in extra folder..

i accidently gave you the unmodified ioaudiofamily and osvkerndsplib kext

you must add

<key>OSBundleRequired</key>
 <string>Root</string>

to the bottom of the info.plist files of both of those kext and voodoohda should work in the E/E folder.

OK I'll try again now

OK I'll try again now

YESSS!!!! You're the best! Now I'm updating the Tutorial with the new files (Audio files already fixed)

:):):P

OK I'll try again now

YESSS!!!! You're the best! Now I'm updating the Tutorial with the new files (Audio files already fixed)

:star_smile::star_smile::star_smile:

UPDATED!

I know this is a long shot, but is there anyone that can confirm if this might work with a Asus Maximus Formula II?

Mhmm, Maximus Formula II has:

Chipset: Intel ICH10 (Different from Maximus Formula but you can try)

Audio: ADI AD2000B (Different, Check VooDooHDA compatibility list)

Ethernet:? Can you tell me the Ethernet controller?

Hi

I've just followed your guide, this time installing onto a usb flash drive from a MacBook. When getting to the stage of booting for the first time it just hangs at this stage

img0031sar.th.jpg

also in DiskUtility from the MacBook the usb drive shows Owners enabled : No

any ideas ?

Hi

I've just followed your guide, this time installing onto a usb flash drive from a MacBook. When getting to the stage of booting for the first time it just hangs at this stage

img0031sar.th.jpg

also in DiskUtility from the MacBook the usb drive shows Owners enabled : No

any ideas ?

I need some infos to reply and fix it. Did you fixed permissions from your MacBook? Did you used Kext Helper?. BTW try to boot in x32 mode (I see that you have 64-Bit Mode in that picture!)

OK I'll try again now

:(:(:(

UPDATED!

no problem, glad i could help. voodoo is a talented team and im happy they have developed that kext.

I need some infos to reply and fix it. Did you fixed permissions from your MacBook? Did you used Kext Helper?. BTW try to boot in x32 mode (I see that you have 64-Bit Mode in that picture!)

No i never used kexthelper, i manually chown to root:wheel and chmod to 755. Doing it in -x32 -v gave the same result. When trying to fix permissions from the MacBook, the option in DiskUtility was greyed out, which i why i thought it was something to do with the Ownership stating : No (in DiskUtility). Not sure if this make a difference but its Snow Leopard Server i'm trying to install rather than the client.

Thanks

No i never used kexthelper, i manually chown to root:wheel and chmod to 755. Doing it in -x32 -v gave the same result. When trying to fix permissions from the MacBook, the option in DiskUtility was greyed out, which i why i thought it was something to do with the Ownership stating : No (in DiskUtility). Not sure if this make a difference but its Snow Leopard Server i'm trying to install rather than the client.

Thanks

If you want you can try again, but this time do not chown and chmod, just install all (System, kext, bootloader) and boot -x32

If you want you can try again, but this time do not chown and chmod, just install all (System, kext, bootloader) and boot -x32

Had another go this morning and got the same error, at boot it stops at

IOAPIC: version 0x20 vectors 64:87