Finally GA-P35-DS3L REV:2.0 Success

swede420

119 posts in this topic

Does anyone notice their mouse stuttering every so often when moving around the screen? It's not a sever stutter at all, but it is noticeable every once in a while. Usually it's really quick.

Yeah, I have noticed it as well.

My cursor seems to spontaneously move itself a short distance ever so often. It happens to infrequently that I can't tell you the last time it happened.

Just happy to have Snow Leopard working better then Leopard that I try not to think about it. :P

i cannot get the DSDT to compile, I think im using wrong bios file? I got the exe from gigabyte and extracted it. Is that the right one? Cause i cant find another link for F7 bios.

I had really good luck with the 'DSDT Patcher GUI'. Sound and networking worked out of the box, and I added my GFX as an EFI string.

i cannot get the DSDT to compile, I think im using wrong bios file? I got the exe from gigabyte and extracted it. Is that the right one? Cause i cant find another link for F7 bios.

Did you double-click the .exe, extract it, and then use the P35DS3L.F7 file to run the DSDT patch on? I (embarrassingly) tried running the DSDT patcher on the actual .exe file a dozen or so times before I realized that you have to extract it.

Did you double-click the .exe, extract it, and then use the P35DS3L.F7 file to run the DSDT patch on? I (embarrassingly) tried running the DSDT patcher on the actual .exe file a dozen or so times before I realized that you have to extract it.

yep. It wont compile unless i force, then i cannot convert it from dls to asl that gives an error.

So I guess im using the right file i must be doing something else wrong.

I downloaded someones ds3l dsdt, from this thread, it doesnt have anything setup, IE no video, ethernet, sound. Could I just open that and make changes to it? Or maybe I will just try that one, and add strings to the boot file.

I need to start over anyways cause i installed from leopard OSInstall package. It seems that way isnt good. So I try restoring install to 10GB partition and install from that. I just have no time ;).

I'm having a lot of software trouble. Seems that very few apps are 100% SL compatible.

• I can't make the dock 2D. According to posts, blogs, etc, the procedure is the same as in Leopard, but when I try it (Terminal command or Candybar) the glass dock just pops back up. Wtf?

• iWork doesn't work (ironic, huh?). I installed '09 and started it. Said I had 14 days left on the trial period (when I installed iWork 09 in Leopard I didn't have to enter my serial number). I entered my S/N and the next time I tried to load up Pages I got an error message about missing files. Tried to reinstall multiple times and repair permissions. Nothing worked. Wtf?

• I installed Spotify and logged in...and didn't see any playlists. Wtf? (They're there if I log in from Leopard.)

• Tried to run Pacifist. Said the application bundle had been modified and that I had to install the original file again. Wtf?

• Not many of the apps I use are compatible: Suitcase Fusion 2, Perian, Growl, CS4 (some bugs, apparently), iStat Menus, Dropbox...I could go on.

yep. It wont compile unless i force, then i cannot convert it from dls to asl that gives an error.

So I guess im using the right file i must be doing something else wrong.

I downloaded someones ds3l dsdt, from this thread, it doesnt have anything setup, IE no video, ethernet, sound. Could I just open that and make changes to it? Or maybe I will just try that one, and add strings to the boot file.

I need to start over anyways cause i installed from leopard OSInstall package. It seems that way isnt good. So I try restoring install to 10GB partition and install from that. I just have no time :) .

I'm a n00b with DSDTs unfortunately. But I've read that if you use a "blank" DSDT like the one that you mentioned, you can add ethernet and video via EFI strings. Have you tried that?

I follow the guide in the forum all seams to be ok, but I've two small issue

1) at the boot after tje darvin bootloader is loaded and I've choice the HD the syste is waithing up 10s before to load SL.

2)my ALC888 is working well in 64bit but does'nt work in 32bit my ID is 0x1458A002 12

Thank you very much!!!

;) WWW SL :D

Yeah, I have noticed it as well.

My cursor seems to spontaneously move itself a short distance ever so often. It happens to infrequently that I can't tell you the last time it happened.

Just happy to have Snow Leopard working better then Leopard that I try not to think about it. ;)

This happens to me too. I think it has to do with certain video cards. Anyway, I searched around a bit and found this workaround which said to delete AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext. Applying it didn't screw up my system, but I can't tell if it actually worked or if I just don't notice it anymore. :P I think maybe the former.

At least there weren't any adverse effects. So I don't care.

My 2 cents:

I was able to get it working just fine by following the guide posted on the first post exactly, and using a DSDT file from this thread. From there I added my gfx EFI string to the boot plist. Upgrading to 10.6.1 was no problem. I haven't had any application problems except for Securemote which doesn't officially work with 10.6 yet.

It actually seems to work better than 10.5. More stable, shut down/reboot/sleep all seem to work properly, etc.

In my (GF 8800 GT) videocard not working QE.

Patched DSDT with ACPI Patcher

Device (PCI0)
	{
		Device (PEGP)
		{
			Name (_ADR, 0x00010000)
			Device (GFX0)
			{
				Name (_ADR, Zero)
				Name (_SUN, One)
				Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
				{
					Store (Package (0x16)
						{
							"@0,compatible", 
							Buffer (0x0B)
							{
								"NVDA,NVMac"
							}, 

"@0,device_type", 
							Buffer (0x08)
							{
								"display"
							}, 

"@0,name", 
							Buffer (0x0F)
							{
								"NVDA,Display-A"
							}, 

"@1,compatible", 
							Buffer (0x0B)
							{
								"NVDA,NVMac"
							}, 

"@1,device_type", 
							Buffer (0x08)
							{
								"display"
							}, 

"@1,name", 
							Buffer (0x0F)
							{
								"NVDA,Display-B"
							}, 

"NVCAP", 
							Buffer (0x18)
							{
								/* 0000 */	0x04, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x03, 0x00, 
								/* 0008 */	0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x07, 
								/* 0010 */	0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
							}, 

"VRAM,totalsize", 
							Buffer (0x04)
							{
								0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x10
							}, 

"device_type", 
							Buffer (0x0D)
							{
								"NVDA,GeForce"
							}, 

"model", 
							Buffer (0x17)
							{
								"nVidia GeForce 8800 GT"
							}, 

"rom-revision", 
							Buffer (0x25)
							{
								"nVidia GeForce 8800 GT OpenGL Engine"
							}
						}, Local0)
					DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
					Return (Local0)
				}
			}
		}

All OK but no QE

nVidia GeForce 8800 GT:

Chipset Model: nVidia GeForce 8800 GT

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

Slot: PCI

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0611

Revision ID: 0x00a2

ROM Revision: nVidia GeForce 8800 GT OpenGL Engine

Displays:

SyncMaster:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Display Connector:

Please Help!

If you have sound set up in dsdt.aml (alc888) use this legacyhda and leave vanilla AppleHDA

(for ga-p35-ds3l)

And if the clicking sound ever time sound wakes gets on your nerves try this

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo...p;mode=feedback

you'll have to install rosetta as its ppc and add it to login items

I'll Try the legacyhda in attachment is working in 64bit but is not working in 32bit. Do you have any idea?

Thanks

In my (GF 8800 GT) videocard not working QE.

Patched DSDT with ACPI Patcher

Device (PCI0)
	 {
		 Device (PEGP)
		 {
			 Name (_ADR, 0x00010000)
			 Device (GFX0)
			 {
				 Name (_ADR, Zero)
				 Name (_SUN, One)
				 Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
				 {
					 Store (Package (0x16)
						 {
							 "@0,compatible", 
							 Buffer (0x0B)
							 {
								 "NVDA,NVMac"
							 }, 

"@0,device_type", 
							 Buffer (0x08)
							 {
								 "display"
							 }, 

"@0,name", 
							 Buffer (0x0F)
							 {
								 "NVDA,Display-A"
							 }, 

"@1,compatible", 
							 Buffer (0x0B)
							 {
								 "NVDA,NVMac"
							 }, 

"@1,device_type", 
							 Buffer (0x08)
							 {
								 "display"
							 }, 

"@1,name", 
							 Buffer (0x0F)
							 {
								 "NVDA,Display-B"
							 }, 

"NVCAP", 
							 Buffer (0x18)
							 {
								 /* 0000 */	0x04, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x03, 0x00, 
								 /* 0008 */	0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x07, 
								 /* 0010 */	0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
							 }, 

"VRAM,totalsize", 
							 Buffer (0x04)
							 {
								 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x10
							 }, 

"device_type", 
							 Buffer (0x0D)
							 {
								 "NVDA,GeForce"
							 }, 

"model", 
							 Buffer (0x17)
							 {
								 "nVidia GeForce 8800 GT"
							 }, 

"rom-revision", 
							 Buffer (0x25)
							 {
								 "nVidia GeForce 8800 GT OpenGL Engine"
							 }
						 }, Local0)
					 DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
					 Return (Local0)
				 }
			 }
		 }

All OK but no QE

nVidia GeForce 8800 GT:

Chipset Model: nVidia GeForce 8800 GT

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

Slot: PCI

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0611

Revision ID: 0x00a2

ROM Revision: nVidia GeForce 8800 GT OpenGL Engine

Displays:

SyncMaster:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Display Connector:

Please Help!

QE didn't work on my 8800GT when I used the DSDT patch. EFI strings—on the other hand—work great.

thanks abhi93, worked perfectly for me, after realizing that the alc889a.kext must be in /Extra/Extension on Snow Partition and not on Chameleon partition^^

Just so I got thsi right......

we have an Extras/Extensions on the Chamleon partion correct. This same Extras/Extensions needs to be installed on the Snow Leopard Drive right?

Whenvever we add kexts, do we need to change them on both the cham and snow leopard partitions?

• 2 weeks later...

I am having a hard time getting a DSDT.aml to compile.

I am running a GA-P35-DS3L rev 2.0 with the official F9 bios (06/19/2009) with an Nvidia 8800GTX 768 meg card.

I have tried compiling my own DSDT.aml several times but never successfully.... it always fails.

Does anyone have a blank (no graphics, no ethernet) DSDT.aml for the official F9 bios they could post? At this point I'd be happy to add the DEVICE IDs manually to com.apple.Boot.plist with EFI strings.

Thanks

Sean

I am having a hard time getting a DSDT.aml to compile.

I am running a GA-P35-DS3L rev 2.0 with the official F9 bios (06/19/2009) with an Nvidia 8800GTX 768 meg card.

I have tried compiling my own DSDT.aml several times but never successfully.... it always fails.

Does anyone have a blank (no graphics, no ethernet) DSDT.aml for the official F9 bios they could post? At this point I'd be happy to add the DEVICE IDs manually to com.apple.Boot.plist with EFI strings.

Thanks

Sean

Here is my dsdt.aml file. It doesn't have any of the graphics IDs or anything

dsdt.zip