Finally GA-P35-DS3L REV:2.0 Success

swede420

119 posts in this topic

After days of searching, reading and testings, I finally managed to run vanilla 10.6 on my hardware FOLLOWING THIS GUIDE: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...topic=%20180954

GA-P35-DS3L

2mz9n3b.png

Integrated ALC888 Audio (DSDT.aml Patched)

ehekk1.jpg

Nvidia GeForce 9400 GT (Efi String)

1zcg7z8.jpg

Ethernet (DSDT.aml Patched)

Everything on the guide works if you follow it exactly as it is. ALL CREDITS TO THE GUIDE CREATOR!

EDIT: HERE IS MY OWN GUIDE

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...=186065&hl=

I too have followed this guide the other day and got it to work. I installed to an old hard drive just to test out to see if i could get it to work. The only problem i had was that I had to boot up with the boot flag "-x32" The default 64 bit kernel always paniced on me. Now that i know i can get it to work, i might buy at 1TB drive and start all over again or do a migrate from a Time Machine backup. Not sure what i want to do yet.

Moral of the story - That guide works!

note-I did not use the patched DSDT guide. I just used the DSDT Patcher gui. It seemed to work fine. Just make sure you do your CMOS fix or it will reset after each boot. I learned that the hard way!

After days of searching, reading and testings, I finally managed to run vanilla 10.6 on my hardware FOLLOWING THIS GUIDE: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...topic=%20180954

GA-P35-DS3L

2mz9n3b.png

Integrated ALC888 Audio (DSDT.aml Patched)

ehekk1.jpg

Nvidia GeForce 9400 GT (Efi String)

1zcg7z8.jpg

Ethernet (DSDT.aml Patched)

Everything on the guide works if you follow it exactly as it is. ALL CREDITS TO THE GUIDE CREATOR!

Can you post the list of kexts specific to GA-P35-DS3L that you used to get this thing working ?

I have followed the guide that i am liking in the first pos. Just follow that guide exactly as it is.

But i can post my dsdt.aml and simbios and kexts if you want to.

Just one thing, Snow leopard is not gonne work very well when yuo install it from Leopard. But you can then reinstall Sno Leopard from Snow Leopard. The second one is gonne work much much better!

Here is the kexts i am using!

16iwlxy.png

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTION JUST ASKE IT, I WILL DO MY BEST TO ANSWER !

Going to attempt this on my GA-EP35-DS3R tomorrow.

One stupid question first: I need to build the DSDT.aml, but I'm not sure if I'm using a bootloader that supports DSDT override. How can I tell what bootloader I'm using? The first non-bios thing I see when it starts up is something like "Darwin x86 ..."

I'm currently running 10.5.7 and I believe it was from iatkos 10.5.5.

Going to attempt this on my GA-EP35-DS3R tomorrow.

One stupid question first: I need to build the DSDT.aml, but I'm not sure if I'm using a bootloader that supports DSDT override. How can I tell what bootloader I'm using? The first non-bios thing I see when it starts up is something like "Darwin x86 ..."

I'm currently running 10.5.7 and I believe it was from iatkos 10.5.5.

get version 10.1 from netkas, use ONLY Chameleon 2 RC1 though, not RC2

Here you go, my kexts!

All of kexts are x64 except Jmicron that i dont know but it is working in booth x32 and x64.

GA-P35-DS3L Snow Leopard Kexts (x64)

Thanks for sharing the kexts -

I have GA-P35-DS3L board - I followed the same reference guide and have added the missing kexts from your list -

I am getting kernel panic right after booting - related to IOATAFamily -

any ideas - what might be the problem ? did you add any other kexts to /S/L/E folder ?

are you booting in 64 or 32 bit mode ?

When I install SL from within Leopard, the installation fails about 7/8 of the way through. I wonder if these are related.

This seems to be a known problem, do a custom install and deselect the printer drivers.

I was then able to complete the install

everything seems to be fine except i've got random KP. I'll try the JMicron.

@dagdu : boot everything in 64 like in this tutorial : http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/guide-insta...ck-drive-t3705/

Thanks for directing me to that tutorial - I was finally able to install SL on my GA-P35-DS3L .

USB install is the way to go - with OSInstall.mpkg method I was not having any luck -

Preparation : I created my dsdt.aml file - patched for cmos reset bug -

Here is the list of kexts that I had in my /Extra/Extensions Folder -

AHCIPortInjector.kext

AppleVIAATA.kext

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

JMicronATA.kext

LegacyHDA.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

OpenHaltRestart.kext

PlatformUUID.kext

SleepEnabler.kext

dsmos.kext

fakesmc.kext

Here is a snippet of my com.apple.boot.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1680x1050x32</string>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>boot-uuid=C4BD8723-7AB0-3096-B8B1-1685B4355A8D</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>3</string>

<key>EHCIacquire</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>UHCIreset</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>USBBusFix</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>device-properties</key>

<string>MY GFX STRING HERE</string>

UUID strings here are for the USB install Partition -

I had followed the 10.6 guide for GA-EP45-DS3L and created a 1GB partition for Chameleon -

After installation - I booted into my 10.5.x partition (which is on a separate disk) - got the SL partition UUID - updated the UUIDs in com.apple.boot.plist - SMBIOS.plist and info.plist in PlatformUUID.kext - on my Chameleon volume/Extra folder -

copied dsdt.aml and smbios.plist to root partition of my Chameleon volume

I also copied dsdt.aml to my SL root folder < not sure if this is required>

reboot

Boot using Install USB - Select SL partition with -v -x32 option -

ran Kextutility to repair permissions -

reboot - this time boot through Chameleon - select SL Partition -

no KPs as yet - ( been up for 2 hours now ) -

I'm almost there, and I am wondering if any of you have had similar problems. My boot of Snow Leopard hangs at whatever comes after the ethernet "phyWaitforAutoNegotiation TIMEOUT", since that is the last thing I see when it boots (and hangs). It has to be an extensions thing, but I have everything in there that everyone with successful boots is posting needs to be in the /Extensions folder.

I've done some searching, and some people suggest that it might be a graphics problem. I doubt it, but it's worth looking into. Any suggestions?

My Extra/Extensions folder looks like the one posted here earlier. For those of you with working retail DS3L installations, did you have any trouble like this?

I haven't tried installing SL yet on my rig, I was only able to get 10.5.4 working and quit on trying to get my system up to the latest leopard updates. I used Kalway before, and I was wondering if I can just upgrade from a leopard disk? If not, is there anybody out there willing to make a simple guide that goes in detail on what the steps are, 'cause I don't want to spend a whole lot of time on getting SL working. I've decided that if I can't get it done in time, I'll just buy an EFI-X and use that to install the OS. BTW, does anybody know if EFI-X works with SL yet? And does it work in x64 mode yet?

Following the install guide exactly, I was having a problem during installation .. it would go most of the way then would stop with an error, something like:

The installer could not install some files to /Volumes/SnowLeopard. Contact the software manufacturer ...

This problem seems to be the same problem that's causing some kernel panics for others during installation: the printer driver issue. I looked at the Installer Log and found that there was a permission denied while trying to write some hp printer driver (I don't have any hp printers), which killed the install.

I started the install again, then went to "Customize" and deselected the option under printer drivers to install all local printers, then selected to install only those printers that have been used by this mac. That worked and the install finished successfully.