Has anyone tried the

Build: 10A432 "Golden Master" RELEASE

on a Pre core.

I have a Pentium 4 32bit with

3 GB DDR RAM,

1TB WD Green HDD,

2 IDE optical Drives,

SoundMAX 1985 on board audio

and ATi 3650 AGP 512 MB DDR2 Device ID(0x9596)

Please give a guide on how to go about it.

Thanks

The same for me! Tried SnowOS 3.5 universal but with no luck, It has to be a kernel problem, shortly after booting from a cd the computer reboots. I suppose this distro uses only vanilla kernel and it works only for core 2 duo cpus.

Tell me if I'm wrong!

Thanks

I followed the guide from an earlier post in this thread found at SL-InstasllGuide which got me closer than any other attempt. However, I am experiencing the "still waiting for boot device" problem.

I have retail install 10.5.8 systems on my internal SATA drive and on an external USB connected drive. Both boot and run correctly. I did the SnowLeopard install on an external USB connected drive because I don't have a spare internal partition.

Does anyone have a solution for the "still waiting" problem?

Update: I have apparently resolved the "Still waiting" problem. I found the AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext on netkas site and placed it in Extra/Extensions. That appears to have resolved the problem with my external USB connected ATA drive.

Now the system boots to the first boot setup screen but the mouse cursor is frozen. I am using the VoodooPS2Controller kext which works fine on 10.5.8 but appears not to be Snow Leo compatible.

If anyone has a solution for this problem I could sure use some pointers - no pun intended :|

Thanks modbin for the kernel It seems to do a better job for my hardware than your last (one version 7). Unfortunately I still can't boot into snow leopard. Can't post you any logs because there aren't any (strange!? or not?). I installed using this guide http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=181876 from my working 10.5.8. The computer boots up from my IDE HD where I have chameleon RC2 installed and on the snow partition I have it too. As I said It boots from IDE and then I choose snow leo partition. I haven't renamed your kernel to mach_kernel but that shouldn't be a problem. Booting in verbose I see kexts loading over chameleon background (strange this doesn't happen when I boot leo 10.5) but after every kext is loaded I get a black screen. I added my HD to apple.boot.plist in /extra and preferencies on my snow leo partition.

Hope this info help!

@SticMAC can you tell me which guide have you used?

@modbin I get KP with both of your kernels 0x0000002.

My mobo: Asus P5LD2 with 945 intel chip

cpu Pentium D

gfx 7300gt

booting of sata.

Thanks for any help!

Thanks modbin for the kernel It seems to do a better job for my hardware than your last (one version 7). Unfortunately I still can't boot into snow leopard. Can't post you any logs because there aren't any (strange!? or not?). I installed using this guide http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=181876 from my working 10.5.8. The computer boots up from my IDE HD where I have chameleon RC2 installed and on the snow partition I have it too. As I said It boots from IDE and then I choose snow leo partition. I haven't renamed your kernel to mach_kernel but that shouldn't be a problem. Booting in verbose I see kexts loading over chameleon background (strange this doesn't happen when I boot leo 10.5) but after every kext is loaded I get a black screen. I added my HD to apple.boot.plist in /extra and preferencies on my snow leo partition.

Hope this info help!

did you set your mach_kernel.test7 to be the default one loaded in the com.apple.Boot.plist

No I did not! But the problem is solved. I googled these errors 0x000002 and found that the boot file wasn't right. So after I changed it, I had a KP few seconds after while loading IOATA kexts. Found some on the net installed and now I'm writing from snow. Still now sound ALC882 but I'm working on it!

You have some experience in DSDT patching ?

Thanks for help!!!

@modbin, I'm using your kernel, can't boot into 64bit, tried -x64 at chameleon boot gave me KP , this kernel boots as default to 32 and works stable. Cheers