• Please log in to reply
194 replies to this topic

g4sho

g4sho

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
As far as sound on snow leopard I am using 64bit voodoo hda kext, with hda enabler. But I was able to patch my dsdt.aml and not need the enabler. In leopard I used a hacked applehda.kext with enabler they both worked great. My 10.5.8. install is flawless no hanging hard drives at all. Even using the jmicro controller which I turned off in snowleopard, because I could not see my dvd drive with it enabled in bios.

brio2

brio2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

My 10.5.8. install is flawless no hanging hard drives at all.

Thanks g4sho! Your board must be the Asus Rampage II GENE, which also uses the ICH10 chipset. hmm. Do you have your bios configured for AHCI mode?

EDIT: Ahh sorry, you're writing of your 10.5.8 system? The SATA issues occur to me in SL only.

jimmydigital00

jimmydigital00

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
http://rapidshare.co...eopard.zip.html

Here is a link to my extensions and dsdt I am using for Snow Leopard.

Let me know what you find.

Thanks

JN

g4sho

g4sho

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

I just installed Leopard 10.5.8 on a Rampage II Extreme system, and I'm seeing the same thing. So it's probably not limited to Snow Leopard.

If you want something that will really cook your noodle, run the XBench disk test on your primary drive while doing something to the secondary drive. The secondary drive will suddenly get much, much faster.

PS Out of curiosity, what audio drivers are you using for this board?

Edit: I'd love to hear how you got SL on that board, too, if you don't mind

With snow leopard I used the chameleon 1.0.12 snow alternative bundle for bootloader. Drive set to achi in bios. Patched dsdt.aml file with dsdt gui patcher 1.0. After patch you need to check the dsdt.dsl file that is located in the sessions directory to make sure it did not add cpu alias, if it did you have to edit them out. And repatch the dsdt.dsl file with dsdt patcher non gui. I am using snowleo 10a432. I installed from the image from within my working 10.5.8 install. Once installed, before rebooting add the necessary kexts,repair permissions, and install the bootloader. I almost forgot, the snow alternative boot loader has the bootloader installer and a seperate file called boot. After you install the bootloader it will place a file named boot in your snowleopard root directory, you will need to replace it with the file named boot that came in the bundle.You then must reboot, and go into your bios turn off hyperthreading, enable only one cpu, set bclk to 133 multiplier to 20(2.66ghz) basically set bios to default settings except for what I mentioned above. Reboot, and hit f8 to get to you disk bootmenu, choose the drive you installed snow on, hit enter. And hit f8 immediately so you can get to the darwin kernel prompt. Then type -v busratio=20 cpus=1, then enter. And if your lucky, you should see the opening leopard video,and then your desktop. This is when you need to do your dsdt patching, once your patch is sucessful, you can then go back into your bios, and set everything back to normal, and you should be able to boot without kernel panic.

jimmydigital00

jimmydigital00

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Hi,
I have a solution for you for your Snow Leopard on Rampage II Extreme.
I would need to have your dsdt.aml file and your /Extra directory.

csharp

Let me know when you get a chance to check it out.

Thanks

Nemes

Nemes

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

EDIT: Ahh sorry, you're writing of your 10.5.8 system? The SATA issues occur to me in SL only.

It happens on Leopard too for me. I'm convinced that it's an OS configuration issue that manifests itself more readily on SL.

Gidi

Gidi

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
I'm having same slow Hard Drive performance under 10a432 and Gigabyte EP45-UD3R which it also has ICH10. So isn't an issue only for Asus boards. Need to try to boot without AHCI enabled...

Cheers!

Gidi

Gidi

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
If I boot without AHCI, then Still waiting for root.... error comes :D

Nemes

Nemes

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

If I boot without AHCI, then Still waiting for root.... error comes :D

Did you grab Netkas' updated Intel ATA kext? You need to boot in AHCI mode, drop that in S/L/E, and then rebuild your kext cache before finally rebooting and switching to IDE mode.

In the case of the Asus boards, we also had to be on what Asus calls "Compatible" IDE mode, rather than Enhanced/Native.

jimmydigital00

jimmydigital00

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
Did anybody find a solution for AHCI?

This is driving me nuts.

I have been searching for a solution for over a week now.

jimmydigital00

jimmydigital00

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
I changed the bios from AHCI to IDE (Compatible Mode) and it seems to be a little better.
BTW I had to install the new Intel ATA Kext mentioned above in post 29.

The main problem with this is now I need to change the bios everytime I want to boot to a different OS that is setup in AHCI.

I would LOVE to run AHCI on Snow Leopard
Please someone help!!!

JN

kroat999 kroat999

kroat999 kroat999

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
I had changed to IDE and the Hard drive is jet near twize as fast (xbench)

but i had same problem like the other now i have to change everi time i want Windows to ahci

is there really no solution for this ???

Nemes

Nemes

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

I had changed to IDE and the Hard drive is jet near twize as fast (xbench)

but i had same problem like the other now i have to change everi time i want Windows to ahci

is there really no solution for this ???

Nothing thus far. I've tried everything under the sun that I can think of with no luck. I have a growing suspicion that AHCI link power management isn't being controlled correctly (that is, it only knows to come out of power saving mode when the boot drive is being hit hard) but I have no way to confirm it or fix it.

csharpmac

csharpmac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

I changed the bios from AHCI to IDE (Compatible Mode) and it seems to be a little better.
BTW I had to install the new Intel ATA Kext mentioned above in post 29.

The main problem with this is now I need to change the bios everytime I want to boot to a different OS that is setup in AHCI.

I would LOVE to run AHCI on Snow Leopard
Please someone help!!!

JN

Hi JN,
I have check your files, and they work OK on my Rampage II.
In order to understand the issue, please send me the following:
1. Your Boot file (boot)
2. The Chamaleon Version you used (RC1, RC2)
3. All your Rampage II BIOS settings
4. Your Memory Type Manufacturer

jimmydigital00

jimmydigital00

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
http://www.mediafire...04e75f6e8ebb871

Here is a link to the boot file.

I installed Chameleon-2-1.0-r431.pkg and then install the Chameleon v2 Snow Leopard Support.pkg

I think this is RC1

Found here: http://www.insanelym...-pc-hackintosh/

My memory is Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600

What bios settings are you interested in knowing about?

I am not sure of a good way for me to post them.

Thanks for all your help.

Gidi

Gidi

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
I finally changed from AHCI to IDE using that kext. Is a little better, but still crappy performance...

Cheers!

yibbet

yibbet

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

I just installed Leopard 10.5.8 on a Rampage II Extreme system, and I'm seeing the same thing. So it's probably not limited to Snow Leopard.

If you want something that will really cook your noodle, run the XBench disk test on your primary drive while doing something to the secondary drive. The secondary drive will suddenly get much, much faster.

PS Out of curiosity, what audio drivers are you using for this board?

Edit: I'd love to hear how you got SL on that board, too, if you don't mind

Same thing here (10.5.8 on a p6t deluxe v2- updated from iatkos 10.5.7 which was the same) tried the x-bench thing- how weird?! I tried switching to ide compatible mode in bios and only 4 of the sata ports are detected, they all show up in ahci but soooo slow it's not worth using. I'd love to hear if anyone finds a solution to this. :thumbsup_anim:

csharpmac

csharpmac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

http://www.mediafire...04e75f6e8ebb871

Here is a link to the boot file.

I installed Chameleon-2-1.0-r431.pkg and then install the Chameleon v2 Snow Leopard Support.pkg

I think this is RC1

Found here: http://www.insanelym...-pc-hackintosh/

My memory is Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600

I am not sure of a good way for me to post them.

Thanks for all your help.

List of all your SATA devices.
Your settings in all the fields below:

1--Settings from

http://techgage.com/.....0Extreme BIOS

CPU Configuration
Onboard Device Configuration

2--Settings from

3--Settings from

g4sho

g4sho

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
Hi all, disabling the jmicron controller under onboard settings in bios, and then booting in 32bit mode helped alot, but still not perfect. Bootloader chameleon 2 ver r431, with snow leopard boot file support. Use -v -x32 at darwin prompt to boot 32bit. Leads me to believe problem with 64bit drivers or kernel.
But as stated before I do not have this problem at all with Iatkos 10.5.7. upgraded to 10.5.8

jimmydigital00

jimmydigital00

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
I have jmicron disabled and only boot in 32 bit mode and the problem is still there.
I am going to send some screenshots of my bios settings today for csharp to look at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy