SL on dell 1530

mansueto

46 posts in this topic

VoodooHDA.kext in s/l/e folder does it for the sound. Everything else seems viable in the Extra/Extensions folder.

ok i finally got snowy leopard to run. had to delete /System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext that loads the dvd drive. it was causing kernal panics during boot Still researching on how to get the sound to work. and also i am not able ot run in 64 bit mode only 32. gonna remove some of the kexts in the Extra folder and see which one is causing the kernal panic when i try 64 bit mode.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...8335&hl=965 hopefully soon somebody will release this for 64-bit so we can get the dvd drive to work. not like i need it or anything but would be nice to get everything working

Thanks DarwinX.  i was wondering why the voodooHDA.kext does not work for me but other are having success.   Does anyone have a Steed-step enabled DSDT file for the m1530?

brumbrum what kind of error are you getting when you boot up?  like boot with -v flag.  so we know what kind of error you are getting.  that way we can help you out...

That made my laptop restart after loading kexts. Still no go.

I have come across the following decision of a problem "mig_table", it is necessary to create a extensions.mkext independently and to place in a S/L/E and another place (find in Google). Do not forget to cure the permissions.

And you have precisely installed Chameleon_v1012 on the necessary volume? It is necessary to put on on what there is a SL.

I have come across the following decision of a problem "mig_table", it is necessary to create a extensions.mkext independently and to place in a S/L/E and another place (find in Google). Do not forget to cure the permissions.

And you have precisely installed Chameleon_v1012 on the necessary volume? It is necessary to put on on what there is a SL.

Will try the creating of extensions.mkexts.

Chameleon is installed at the right volume yes.

I cannot use the command

sudo kextcache -v 1 -t -l -m /Volumes/Snow/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /Volumes/Snow/System/Library/Extensions

Any other way to fix the mkext?

Create it with programm mkextMaker!

Get a bit further, but only if I boot with

-v -x

Then it hangs on dsmos.kext message (report if paid for the kext (something like that)).

My understanding is that you either need the new dsmos.kext for SL. Or you get rid of it and use fakesmc.kext from netkas. Using the Leopard dsmos.kext does not work.

Finally get SL working.

For those, who have some problem.

I use this version.

http://www.movieshare.org/non-windows/snow...kintosh/328789/

I download it, burn to DVD, then boot from it with -v

In customization check everithing except Roseta, then proceed to install.

After install delete IOATAFamilly.kext (I made it from Leopard, which I have on second disk)

Then you will be able to boot with -v and you can get started.

For sound I used VoodoHDA (to install I use Kexthelper), and for grafic NVKush.

Ethernet works after install, shutdown too.

I don't try sleep yet, but I let you now.

UPDATE: So after installing NVKush the shutdown/restart won't work. Quick try of sleep doesn't look good either.

KextHelper: http://web.mac.com/v1.42ghz/Kext_Helper/So...Helper%20b7.zip

VoodooHDA.kext.zip

NVkushInstaller.pkg.zip

I get the IOATAFamilly panic before I even begin the installation, it happens just before the language selection box appears.

Should I put my Leopard AppleIntelPIIXATA and IOATAFamily kexts onto my USB drive? Will that force the installer to use these versions instead?

What version did you use?

Do you boot with -v ?

• 4 weeks later...
So try method I wrote above (infact prew page), it worked for me.

tried the version which you wrote on the second page.. it works great thank you

but from time to time i think the graphic card was faster on the normal leopard..(when i play a game or so..) 

anyway - thanks.

btw. where are you from?

• 1 year later...