• 14 posts
10.6.4 no problem @all...

terramir

terramir

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

The thing is, I didn't use the NetBookInstaller app. I followed a different tutorial that WORKED

Yeah I had to hack back into my installation from a ccc usb copy of 10.6.1 and then put the patched kernel in, was a pain, well after trying to make everything work again I KP'ed so many times I just ccc'ed my 10.6.1 installation back over to my 1005HA auto patching didn't work for {censored}.

Got some serious questions though I need to get to 10.6.2 well I have 10.6.3, but the tutorial I used was the one that uses the 0.84RC1 NBI and I just had trouble with that. I need a much better tutorial.
Because I need safari 5 I'm hoping the java engine will let me play RS without problems so I can chuck win 7 all together.
Also I wanna learn xcode so I need at least 10.6.2

What works on my machine
everything
wifi (changed to dell)
ethernet driver and magic mouse works
(installed BT183 since this is an 1005HAB

Help
terramir

ficanas

ficanas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Got a perfect 1005HA running here!

Attached File  Capture_d_____cran_2010_07_15____22.04.33.png   149.08KB   166 downloads

I'm waiting for a cheap wifi card from HK, of course, but everything else run smooth!

@ne of my be$t hack so far, big thank's to the community.

Deviance

Deviance

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Please help on me guys!
I installed SL to my 1005 but when its come up i see the welcome screen and i cant press next.... the screen is not responding :\

ficanas

ficanas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Please help on me guys!
I installed SL to my 1005 but when its come up i see the welcome screen and i cant press next.... the screen is not responding :\

Try this tuto, it made it perfect for me.

http://maceee.blogsp...ow-leopard.html

I bought a 14$ Broadcom "BCM94322 4322 half mini PCI-E card wifi A/G/N" on eBay to swap the originally installed wifi board.

bartlettpsj

bartlettpsj

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Maybe I did something wrong, but I cannot get Bluetooth to work on eeepc 1000 with 10.6.4.

What I did was follow the instructions for my 901 and install on my eeepc 901, which works perfectly (not using DSDT only BIOS patch) and then use the same drive (USB Drive) on the eeepc 1000. Everything works fine except Bluetooth .... ahhhh!

Of note, is that if you do not patch the BIOS on the eeepc 901 then Bluetooth doesn't work. I did not find a patch for the eeepc 1000 BIOS. So something to do with that. Saying that, the Bluetooth on the 1000 has worked 1 in 100 times and then the rest of the USB bus goes a bit funny (external mouse doesn't work).

I recall someone worked out what you needed to do to the DSDT, apparently, a single number change, but they didn't post.

I have tried every IOBluetoothFamily.kext under the sun and no success. Bearing in mind it works 1 in a 100, the IOBluetoothFamily.kext driver is ok and the device ID is in there.

10.6.4 no problem @all...

cactusjack901

cactusjack901

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
So, I'm probably getting an external HDD tomorrow, which will enable me to blow away the Windows install on here, and get OS X up and running. I have a 1005HA-B if the box has anything to say. I just have a few questions

1) Any tips or tricks I should follow? I'm going to follow the guide from maceee.blogspot.com

2) Since it would appear no drivers have been written for the wifi card within this, does anybody know of a cheap USB wifi dongle I can use? I don't wanna crack the case on this, I just don't trust myself

3) Anything I should know before I go about doing this?

code_confidentiel

code_confidentiel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello everybody,

Great news today, the driver for the Ateros9285 is out

please take a look at this post (Post #9)

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=209837

I try it on my 1005ha-h and it works very well

@+

cactusjack901

cactusjack901

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Hello everybody,

Great news today, the driver for the Ateros9285 is out

please take a look at this post (Post #9)

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=209837

I try it on my 1005ha-h and it works very well

@+

So are you saying I have perfect timing, and won't have to replace my wifi card? awesome

code_confidentiel

code_confidentiel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
is true, no need to change the wifi card.

The Ethernet (Lan) and the wifi (wlan) are trully working

Luthraz

Luthraz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
Can anyone give me some tips on upgrading to 10.6.4? Everytime I do that it just hangs on the boot screen. I've tried it twice, once just running system update and once running the combo update. Both times gave the same result. I always run NBI after installing it to in an attempt to patch the CPU problem but it still messes up. Any help would be appreciated!

McLin

McLin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Which kext did u use for ethernet? I did use the Snow Leopard AtherosL1cEthernet.kext but I dont get an IP adress.

Bobbywich

Bobbywich

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Check some of the last comments on maceee.blogspot.com. A guy posted an update guide using MyHack 1.1 and has the kext for internet. My install is running perfectly except for I can't find a download site for VoodooPowerMini v1.2.4

Does anyone have the kext that they could upload or find a download location? It's the only thing left to make my netbook perfect.

cactusjack901

cactusjack901

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Which kext did u use for ethernet? I did use the Snow Leopard AtherosL1cEthernet.kext but I dont get an IP adress.

I don't use Ethernet, but I believe the IONetworkingFamily.kext and the IO80211Family.kext will provide Ethernet support, as it does Wifi support. My only problem is the same one as Luthraz. I got the update to work once, but I screwed that install up, and was unable to restore my backup, so I had to start again, and that update refused to work, so this time, I have a failsafe if my backup doesn't work, but I'm still not updating, unless someone can explain to me exactly what to do

EDIT: I would also suggest everybody with a 1005HA uses this DSDT, it worked WONDERS for me http://dl.dropbox.co...1005ha-dsdt.zip as well as this kext for the fn keys (now I get to use my volume keys =D ) http://www.mediafire.com/?tmy523u2k5z

McLin

McLin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Got KP with DSDT if I press Power Button, and Batterie meter doesn't work anymore...

McLin

McLin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Have anybody has successful on 10.6.4 external Monitor working?

cactusjack901

cactusjack901

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Got KP with DSDT if I press Power Button, and Batterie meter doesn't work anymore...

1) did you try the DSDT I linked you to?

2) If you did, have you tried making your own?

Bobbywich

Bobbywich

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I tried it too with the same errors. I don't really understand what DSDT does, but the one included in the maceee.blogspot.com worked for me

frankolo

frankolo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
Someone solve the problem of brightness? ;)

frankolo

frankolo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
How can I solve the sleep problem? :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy