• Please log in to reply
374 replies to this topic

elux

elux

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Just wanted to say thank you to Imperiopolis and everyone else contributing to this thread... I managed to get snow leopard up and running on my 1005, no issues at all and everything that should be working is working (I swapped out the wifi card for a dell 1510).

Well actually there is one minor issue I haven't noticed anyone else mentioning: the sound volume is very low. I expected that for the built in speakers, which, aren't that great anyway, but the strange thing is the volume is low in my headphones too. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this or perhaps it's just me....

I_Spectre

I_Spectre

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Thanks again to everyone who has contributed to this thread, it has been very helpful.

Any news on whether we'll ever get the AR9285 wifi working or at least the AR8132 ethernet?

I found this http://www.orangewar...lessformac.html

not sure if it will lead to anything.

alezzandro

alezzandro

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello there!
could Anyone try this: http://www.insanelym...p...197020&st=0 ?
It's the hacked version of 10.6.2 kernel created by a russian forum's user.

I want to know if with this version (10.6.2), the atheros driver works properly with or without the patch suggested by netkas: http://files.netkas....rosFix.kext.zip

to install the hacked kernel you have to do (as reported on the original post):
1. Download zip to Desktop
2. Unzip by double click
3. Open Terminal.app
4. sudo -s
5. Enter your root password
6. cd /
7. mv mach_kernel mach_kernel_1062
8. cp ~/Desktop/mach_kernel /
9. chown 0:0 mach_kernel
10. reboot

Please share your opinion and experience about this!!

Thanks..

Deanoaka

Deanoaka

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
 Hey guys,

I've got 10.6.2 working fine apart from stuff like bluetooth and my trackpad stalling every couple of secs.

I was wondering if anybody was kind enough to upload their extra folder with all the kexts and the voodoo prefpane so I know it works :rolleyes:

I_Spectre

I_Spectre

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
Anyone get dual booting OSX 10.6.2 with the 10.2 kernel and windows 7 to boot?

Imperiopolis

Imperiopolis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Anyone get dual booting OSX 10.6.2 with the 10.2 kernel and windows 7 to boot?

Yeah, I've been dual-booting 10.6 and Win 7 for a month at least. It works fine, the kernel doesn't change that.

I_Spectre

I_Spectre

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Yeah, I've been dual-booting 10.6 and Win 7 for a month at least. It works fine, the kernel doesn't change that.

I installed win 7 in my xp partition. after it was up and running i rebooted to my osx usb stick and through that into osx partition. i then ran the nbi rc4 with just the chameleon checked and rebooted. on reboot chameleon does not boot and i get windows boot error with instructions to reboot with win 7 DVD and repair mbr. this worked fine before with xp so i am not sure what has changed with win 7 on the same partition. any ideas on what i am doing wrong?

marugby123

marugby123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 297 posts
  • Interests:All technology, computers, network security, iOS app dev, etc
Alright Everyone. I have a couple questions:
1) I've been dealing with Hackintosh for probably about a year now. I have the Asus 1005HAB. Best way i found to install LEOPARD was through iDeneb v1.4 (10.5.6). I got everything working (cept wlan and ethernet, of course). I was wondering if I could just do a clean install of 10.5.6, fix it so i can just patch the install.pkg on the SL USB and then go straight into the installer?

2) If this installation for SL works, and i do the terminal way of enabling software update to get to 10.6.1/10.6.2, will wifi work on the Atheros AR9285? Cause i was looking around this post and there is no real confirmation saying it will work. I don't want to go through installing snow leopard all the way to find that this wont work. I got rid of 10.5.6 when i couldnt get wifi working myself. I saw the posts that SL might fix the Atheros drivers, but Im skeptical to actually go through the process...

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I would like to start this process tomorrow, when my friend burns me a copy of his SL install disk.

Thanks,
Marugby123

boxlady

boxlady

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I'm trying to get Ethernet to work on my 1005ha, i got the ktext it seemed to work but even with static IP I cant seem to get to connect to the internet. I copy The last posted ktest from Imperiopolis. Maybe im missing something really oblivious.

SL 10.6.1 , No added ethernet cards or wireless

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks
-Julie

alezzandro

alezzandro

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
for anyone that ask about Atheros wireless AND 10.6.2:

your card will work depending on your dev-id, mine is "pci168c,2b" and doesn't work, if I replace in kext my dev-id, SL show airport icon on the bar but the scan fails,

to test your card install the hacked kernel and search for:

"AirPortAtheros21.kext" from a terminal: find /System -name AirPortAtheros21.kext

and then replace into the Info.plist the exisisting dev-if with your dev-id. (you can get it from windows by search into the proprietes of the installed card's driver)
of course make a rebuild of the extesion with a software like: Kext Utility.

netkas says that "pci168c,13" works..

hope that someone can patch the kext to make all Atheros wireless card working!

arkixml

arkixml

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I don't think I've seen this on this topic yet:

You don't need to use sleepwatcher to get speedstep working after sleep. Netkas made a new, SL compatable one that just works.

Just replace the old one!

I haven't updated to 10.6.2 yet. Can anyone confirm that it doesn't become slower? I like my fast boot times ;)

-arkixml

Attached Files

I_Spectre

I_Spectre

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Can you post the process you used to get win 7 and 0sx to dual boot?

ubermac26

ubermac26

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
(My first post, so please forgive any mistakes)

I have SL 10.6.1 installed on an Eeepc 1005ha. I have swapped the wireless card for a Dell 1505 card (which is said to work with OSX). The problem I now have is that while I can create a network through airport, I can't pick up any wireless networks. Airport doesn't even appear to scan for them.

Anyone have a solution?

qgi

qgi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I have SL 10.6.1 installed on an Eeepc 1005ha. I have swapped the wireless card for a Dell 1505 card (which is said to work with OSX). The problem I now have is that while I can create a network through airport, I can't pick up any wireless networks. Airport doesn't even appear to scan for them.

I don't know much about this, but just wanted to let you know that I just did the same thing over the weekend with a Dell 1510 wifi card and it just worked, although it screwed up my bluetooth pan settings somehow (need to investigate). Only guessing here, but have you tried putting the eee right beside your WiFi station? Maybe there is a problem with the antenna connection

ubermac26

ubermac26

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I don't know much about this, but just wanted to let you know that I just did the same thing over the weekend with a Dell 1510 wifi card and it just worked, although it screwed up my bluetooth pan settings somehow (need to investigate). Only guessing here, but have you tried putting the eee right beside your WiFi station? Maybe there is a problem with the antenna connection

Thanks for that. That was part of the problem actually. I had the antenna plug on the wrong connection. But the problem still remains, that airport isn't searching for connections when I click on the airport icon.

The SOLUTION (to airport not displaying networks):
Open System Preferences>Network>Airport>Network Name>Join Other Network>Show Networks.

Hope this helps any others!

gilesb

gilesb

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I think i know what you may have not done in the process.

before you upgrade, make sure you have at least one (i made 3 just in case) backups of the mach_kernel (mach_kernel.bac1 and so on) with osx86tools. then upgrade to 10.6.2, on reboot stop the process at bootloader and enter mach_kernel.bac1 then enter. after it boots run the NBI RC4 with only CHAMELEON selected then go and delete sleepenabler.kext from e/ge (and any other location it may be) and then run updateextra (if you don't update extensions it wont work) download the updated (sleepenabler.kext for 10.6.2) if you haven't already (dont update yet).

now reboot and let it boot normally, it should now. after it boots load the new sleepenabler.kext and your done. thats what i did.

Hi I_Spectre, im trying to follow your steps to update to 10.6.2 but i cant see any of the backups i have made in osx86tools when i reload, any clues on how to go into a different kernel from the bootloader?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

gilesb

gilesb

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi I_Spectre, im trying to follow your steps to update to 10.6.2 but i cant see any of the backups i have made in osx86tools when i reload, any clues on how to go into a different kernel from the bootloader?

Ok i got it working, didnt realise you could just type in the bootloader and it would work :D
I am on 10.6.2 but cant get a copy of the new sleepenabler kext can anybody send it across please?

The links you posted before are dead, must be a pretty popular file!

Ok i got it working, didnt realise you could just type in the bootloader and it would work :D
I am on 10.6.2 but cant get a copy of the new sleepenabler kext can anybody send it across please?

The links you posted before are dead, must be a pretty popular file!

Ok found a copy, if anybody needs it, this guy has it on his blog - http://www.aymansworld.com/

Could somebody tell me how to get Ethernet working on 10.6.2 if possible please?

lewisthemusician

lewisthemusician

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I've installed snow leopard succesfully and everything but i want to dual boot with a copy of windows media center i have and made a bootable usb but when i boot into it it says

"INF file txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing. status 18" and it says this with all my bootable USB's i have made.

How would i now get my 1005ha to install windows as well?

geoffito

geoffito

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

I've installed snow leopard succesfully and everything but i want to dual boot with a copy of windows media center i have and made a bootable usb but when i boot into it it says

"INF file txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing. status 18" and it says this with all my bootable USB's i have made.

How would i now get my 1005ha to install windows as well?

Are you trying to install xp Media centre or vista with media centre ?
I used this site:- http://www.intowindo...-working-guide/

to create a bootable usb to install 7 but it will also work with vista. but not xp.
Hope that helps

You might also want EasyBCD 2.0

http://neosmart.net/...hread.php?t=642

jeroenw

jeroenw

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I got it to work on a 1001HA following this guide. No ethernet, no WLAN though and very low volume (is there a fix?). I ordered a Dell DW1510 wireless 802.11n half mini card PW934 from Ebay to get WIFI to work, will update if it works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy