bootloader problems

3 posts in this topic

whenever i set up a duel boot, through chameleon or other kinds of boot loaders it messes up my windows vista boot. i thy to boot to vista but an error message will pop up saying that my boot files are either corrupted or missing. is there a fix for this or can i take some preventive measures. im tired of having to restore to factory default. thanks

whenever i set up a duel boot, through chameleon or other kinds of boot loaders it messes up my windows vista boot. i thy to boot to vista but an error message will pop up saying that my boot files are either corrupted or missing. is there a fix for this or can i take some preventive measures. im tired of having to restore to factory default. thanks

make vista partition active, then use vista disk to fix bootloader, then vista works. Use EasyBCD to dualboot. Or, move active partition to your osx partition and that should work too.

basically, osx borks your vista but vista can fix itself with the boot cd.

All dualboot guides tell you this. There is a whole section in this forum dedicated to this discussion. I hope you looked at this before you asked this question.