[AMD] Installing Snow Leopard 10A432 on AMD System

arya

182 posts in this topic

omg it worked,

Im typing this message in snow leopard right now.

However I am having two problems.

one my graphics.

I entered my graphics card info into the DSDT why didn't it work?

im stuck at 1024x768 and no QE

Two my internet.

it seems to be running a little slow but that can be caused by the graphics I think.

omg it worked,

Im typing this message in snow leopard right now.

However I am having two problems.

one my graphics.

I entered my graphics card info into the DSDT why didn't it work?

im stuck at 1024x768 and no QE

Two my internet.

it seems to be running a little slow but that can be caused by the graphics I think.

good to hear its work.. may be u can use efi string for your NVIDIA card.

or you can use injector from your leopard.....

good to hear its work.. may be u can use efi string for your NVIDIA card.

or you can use injector from your leopard.....

Well I got the graphics working good but the internet is still dragging quite bad. Im using a netgear ethernet card because on leopard the built in nforce ethernet had problems running.

Has anybody had any luck using the Voodoo kernel instead?

Voodoo (based) kernels will not work on SL.

I've tried them all from 9.5.0 to 9.8.0 and none of them works (Voodoo, AnV, qoopz).

There are few AMD kernels for SL currently available but only Modbin's test7 works for me. Dmitrik's kernel and other Modbin kernels does not work on 432.

Be noted that all these are actually patched Vanilla binaries, NOT built from sources. This means there is no on-the-fly opcode patching for AMD implemented, no 64-bit support, no TSC patch, etc...

So SL will work on AMD but you'll experience several problems until someone make better kernel.

I entered my graphics card info into the DSDT

Is there some tutorial on how to add Graphic card info into DSDT to avoid EFI strings in com.apple.boot or injectors?

Two my internet.

it seems to be running a little slow

Same problem here.

No problems with my 8800GT but internet is definitely slower. I think it has something with the bad kernel.

Voodoo (based) kernels will not work on SL.

I've tried them all from 9.5.0 to 9.8.0 and none of them works (Voodoo, AnV, qoopz).

There are few AMD kernels for SL currently available but only Modbin's test7 works for me. Dmitrik's kernel and other Modbin kernels does not work on 432.

Be noted that all these are actually patched Vanilla binaries, NOT built from sources. This means there is no on-the-fly opcode patching for AMD implemented, no 64-bit support, no TSC patch, etc...

So SL will work on AMD but you'll experience several problems until someone make better kernel.

Is there some tutorial on how to add Graphic card info into DSDT to avoid EFI strings in com.apple.boot or injectors?

Same problem here.

No problems with my 8800GT but internet is definitely slower. I think it has something with the bad kernel.

Well I can definitely confirm the internet is slower MUCH slower.

just ran a speed test

20 ping d/l speed .73 Mb/s u/l speed .78 Mb/s

Normally I get

6 ping d/l speed 9 Mb/s u/l speed 3 Mb/s

under leopard and windows

Also I noticed problems with programs like VLC, movies will just freeze out of nowhere and then the program will freeze. I believe this is caused, like you said by not having on-the-fly opcode patching which can probably be fixed by using Marvin's AMD utility. I really hope a new kernel is released soon.

Also you asked on a tutorial on how to add graphics card info into the DSDT. I don't have the link on hand but heres the PDF

Building_a_DSDT_for_GA_EP45_DS3L_v1.3.pdf

NoGo on an Asus M2A32-MVP.

Hi - did the installation on a clean disk (with chameleon RC2.640, replaced "boot", and test7-kernel).

Very early I get:

**/dev/rdisk0s3

Can't initialize disk cache

/dev/rdisk0s3 (hfs) EXITED WITH SIGNAL 8

I get the same error when I boot into single user and do a "fsck".

Mobo: Asus M2A32-MVP de luxe (SB600)

10.5.6 is running fine here.....

any idea - apart from "switch to Intel" (which I might do sooner or later..)

G.H.

I have another problem that I didn't post yet, when I try to repair permissions with disc utility i get the error.

"error: no installer packages can be found for this disc"

yes this is a common problem if you installed from leo.. just mount the installer disk and install BSD.pkg it will fix the repair permission in disk utility..

location : /Volumes/Mac OS X Install DVD/System/Installation/Packages/BSD.pkg

you dont get this err if you installed from a working snow... lol

yes this is a common problem if you installed from leo.. just mount the installer disk and install BSD.pkg it will fix the repair permission in disk utility..

location : /Volumes/Mac OS X Install DVD/System/Installation/Packages/BSD.pkg

you dont get this err if you installed from a working snow... lol

well i have done this and repaired permissions, but it took only about 15 seconds and at the end there were no permissions that need repairing. Is that strange?

nope is not strange... as i read the repair permission is not touching S/L/E anymore.. so we must be careful when installing kext to S/L/E i prefer to put extra kext in /E/E/

another thing is that none of my video will play in quicktime player X. it says it cannot be opened because it isn't a format that quicktime player understands.

Also VLC player will play a video for a few minutes and then the video will freeze and audio will continue playing.

@ arya:

"its look like the boot file ir wrong... are you sure u have replace the boot file?"

I did replace the boot file. Anyways, I ran the Chameleon RC2 r640 installer again, and then replaced the boot file again. Now, whenever I try to boot into Snow Leopard, instead of a kernel panic, the computer reboots right away. Every time I try to go to Snow Leopard now, it reboots.

what boot file did you use in this ayra? because it is able to boot the retail dvd

i got it from modbin... i have try to use it to boot installer using this boot file and is work... i m gonna try to make clean install without using my my leopard...... :(

i dont know what boot is that.. but its work for me...

Does this guide can help others, that aren't on AMD, but with no core2 processors, like me with a Pentium D 920?

I can confirm that this method worked for me on a non-AMD system. I have two systems, one that can run Vanilla and one that could not. The 945GZ platform is unable to use the vanilla preboot at this time.

Note: I cannot get 64bit with this kernel. I personally prefer the 32bit kernel but anyone who is looking to go 64bit will have to wait until another kernel or method is released.

MB: ECS 945GZT-M v1.0

CPU: 1.8 Ghz Pentium Dual-Core E2160

GPU: 512 Mbyte nVidia 9400GT

RAM: 2 Gbytes

Drives: 80gb SATA, 80gb PATA, DVD+RW PATA

Hi

Thanks a lot of putting this worked like a charm. Couple of things though :

1. Xcode installation crashed the system during installation and then during subsequent bootup process. I had remove CHUD* from /System/Library/Extensions to get it boot again.

2. Pure 32 bit mode. So no apps can be ran in 64 bit more so no question of kernels and extensions working in 64 bit

3. Mouse and Performance was little firsky, so did a complete decrypt and CPUID patches and the performance was amazing. I must say Marvin utility still works great

Lets bring a 64 bit enabled kernel.

About XNU sources its being delayed more at the following darwin mailing list

http://lists.apple.com/archives/Darw.....;/msg00168.html

when I try to boot with -v i get this message ( I tried installing snow leopard on my external hard drive plugged into usbl )

USBF : 0.600 AppleUSBEHCI [0x4ebc800] : unable to get filterinterruptEventSource

USBF : 0.602 AppleUSBEHCI [0x4ebc800] :: UIM initialize - Error occured (0xe0002be)

USBF : 0.622 AppleUSBEHCI [0x4ebc800] :: start unable to initialize UIM

From path UUID

Waiting for boot volume with UUID 3B86E355-5AC4-31B4-91AF-B3BC7A067147

Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID ="1" IORessources</string><key>IORessourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>

com.apple.AppleFSCompressionTypezlib load succeeded

USBF : 5.560 AppleUSBUHCI [0x4d1e000]:: start unable to initialize UIM

still waiting for root device

still waiting for root device

Can someone help me?

SOLVED : it's a bug with my USB Ports , I just changed the port and now everything works

I'm pretty sure it goes like this:

GUUID: OS X is the only OS installed.

MBR: OS X has a partition and shares a HDD with another OS

nope GUID is the partition map apple uses

MBR is the partition map microsoft uses.

there is no way to tell besides looking it up.

Is it possible to make a clean install of Snow Leopard without a working Leopard installation? My previous installation of Leopard was screwed up since I played with it too much. Now I want to wipe everything and start over.

Is it possible to make a clean install of Snow Leopard without a working Leopard installation? My previous installation of Leopard was screwed up since I played with it too much. Now I want to wipe everything and start over.

its possible but will be a littlebit hard to install it...

i still looking a way to do a clean install without using a leopard partition...

i have successfully do a clean install but still cant find a way to put kernel, cahmeleon+boot file and kext to snow partition without using an active osx installation.. ;)

I am not sure about the kernel panic but here are my files for the ECS 945GZT-M

Kexts for 945GZ

Kexts for System/Library/Extensions

AppleIntelPIIATA.kext

IOATAFamily.kext

Kexts for /Extra/Extensions

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

OpenHalRestart.kext

PlatformUUID.kext

dsmos.kext

fakesmc.kext

SeepEnabler.kext