Best Intel Snow Leopard Distro

jasim

4 posts in this topic

Hi Friends,

I am having a slow internet connection a 256K, It takes about 4 or 6 days to download a big file like snow leopard iso. It would be gr8 if u peopl could tell me which distro is the best for Intel based laptops... :D

As far as I know, there are no 'distro' releases yet, as Snow Leopard has only just been released.

Distros are old hat now anyway, you should be aiming to install a nice clean 'vanilla' version using a straight ISO or DMG image of your official retail DVD and just install the required bootloader and copy hacked kexts into the /Extra/Extensions folder.

I paid around £125 for the Leopard Box Set at 10.5.6 and have just ordered Snow Leopard retail for £25 here in the UK and really look forward to upgrading my Macbook and eventually my hackintoshes too. I have so far downloaded the 10a432 build (which many have suggested was the gold master release) which is just about working on my Asus P5WDH Deluxe with networking working great but with no graphics acceleration or sound working yet (I'm sure it will come once the OS is made more widely available).