Can I install osx 10.6 on my pc?

Blaziken

4 posts in this topic

Hi :D

I want to install OSX Snow Leopard on my pc.

I have:

Mainboard : Medion AG P4MRS350L

Chipset : ATI 9100 PRO IGP

Processor : Intel Celeron D 330 @ 2666 MHz

Physical Memory : 1024 MB

Video Card : RADEON 9100 PRO IGP Series

Hard Disk : MAXTOR (200 GB)

DVD-Rom Drive : SONY CD-RW CRX320E

DVD-Rom Drive : MTW OTAN01E SCSI CdRom Device

Monitor Type : MD 42514 - 14 inches

Network Card : RTL8139/810x Fast Ethernet Adapter

Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.01.2600 Service Pack 3

DirectX : Version 9.0c (marzo 2007)

marzo (italian) = march (english)

I used Pc Wizard 2009

cpuvyn.png

can I install Osx86 snow leopard? how to install?

I have only an hard disk

partition.png

i want to install OSX on the last partition, which is selected on the screenshot.

Hey, I've found people tend to read these posts and ignore them because they can be quite tricky to answer (mainly because it's rare people will have the same set of hardware). Your best bet is to use the search feature on this board and just put in your individual components and the odds are you're going to find people posting about that hardware and their trouble and successes. As for installing Snow Leopard, that might not be the best idea because it's pretty undocumented in comparison to 10.5 which i would recommend.

Having just 1 HDD is not a problem, you can dual boot any operating systems - you just need to google how. Heres one tutorial i quickly found but there's others better http://www.digitmemo.com/articles/658/howt...ot-setup-guide/.

You're issues are going to be finding drivers for your graphics card, but with enough research it shouldn't be too hard. Your RTL8139/810x should run out of the box and i'm not too sure about your your Medion AG P4MRS350L