SL on a Asus P5Q?

Beukhof1

81 posts in this topic

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think you must select "ACPI 2.0" "enable" and "suspend S3" "enable"

Give it a try :)

It's already selected ACPI 2.0 and S3.

Has anybody get sound from spdif out? My direct line working great but couldn't get sound from digital (coax) output. (I've installed VOODOOHDA.kext)

Beukhof1,

I've released a PDF Guide on how to install SL onto an ASUS P5Q mobo.

Click on my handle "Ian T" and then hit "Topics" -- you'll see it there :)

Hopefully this helps some of you!

Peace,

IanT

Has anyone try ed installing SL on a Asus P5Q yet?

I want to install it but i am afraid of losing my nice installation.

Has anyone try ed installing SL on a Asus P5Q yet?

I want to install it but i am afraid of losing my nice installation.

A bit of shameless self-promotion, but I've written up a guide for SL on the P5Q with the option to triple boot Window 7 and Ubuntu. If you want to preserve your current installation, you can just disconnect your hard drive with your working installation and install SL on a clean hard drive. If you want to revert back, just switch drives. Once you get both working, I believe you can just hook up both drives and Chameleon will be able to boot both.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=189779

As far as I can see there is no mac os x compatible bios for p5q turbo. There is a good general in depth tutorial on dsdt related things, and pacthing here.

ive got a p5q turbo running 10.6.1 all four cores working. I used dsdt_patcher1 modified a few kexts and it works great. I posted the kexts in one of the p5q forums so you can grab them from there. I didnt use modded bios. both sata and jmiron work great. I have no problems at all.