SL on a Asus P5Q?

Beukhof1

81 posts in this topic

I have installed SL and it's Ok :pirate2: but I can't change the video resolution blocked to 1400x1050 and no QE/CI. ;)

I also tried to install it but it didn't work.

I just startet the setup from 10.5.8 and installed it on another partition. During the setup it says that it couldn't check "essentials" -> Installation failed.

The checksum is ok!

For the setup I booted into 10.5.8 with boot132, the Setup DVD is on a USB HDD.

How did you install it?

I have installed SL and it's Ok :) but I can't change the video resolution blocked to 1400x1050 and no QE/CI. :(

You need Nvidia&ATI Enabler of Netkas. In 32Bits mode. Don't work Enabler on 64bits mode.

sorry my enghish is to bad, i'm french geek :thumbsup_anim:

Hi Guys, I installed snow leopard on my P5QC motherboard with saphire ATI 4870 (512mb).

from a Leopard operating system on another hard drive I setup two partitions in disk utility:

(If you only have one hard drive to use then maybe make three partitions, with the first partition being for leopard.)

make sure you have loaded a modded bios for your P5Q motherboard.

Go into disk utility and make two or three HFS+ partitions (depending on how many HDDs you have)

(partition 1 for "Leopard" installation approximately 10GB or so to fit leopard, partition 2 for Snow leopard installation, partition 3 for Retail Image)

you install snow leopard from an existing Leopard operating system.

I patched my dsdt

made an efi string for my video card. plus installed a few other things, (NOT SURE WHAT ACTUALLY MADE IT WORK)

installed 64 bit kexts only. (this is very important. use only snow leopard 64 bit kexts if you want to install 64 bit snow leopard)

REMEMBER TO REPAIR PERMISSIONS USING KEXT UTILITY 2.3.2 WHEN YOU FIRST GO INTO SNOW LEOPARD, OTHERWISE IT WILL KERNEL PANIC WITHIN 2 OR SO MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!

took me a while to figure that out.

have a look at these links

http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/how-to-inst...-on-a-pc-t3137/

http://www.teknojunkie.com/2009/08/guide-s...32-coming-soon/

http://www.insanelymac.com/2009/08/how-to-...-pc-hackintosh/

if you already have a leopard installed operating system.

just keeping trying with the guides until the Snow Leopard operating system works. Its that easy.

cheers Rowdy15

from

Hi Guys, I installed snow leopard on my P5QC motherboard with saphire ATI 4870 (512mb).

from a Leopard operating system on another hard drive I setup two partitions in disk utility:

(If you only have one hard drive to use then maybe make three partitions, with the first partition being for leopard.)

make sure you have loaded a modded bios for your P5Q motherboard.

Go into disk utility and make two or three HFS+ partitions (depending on how many HDDs you have)

(partition 1 for "Leopard" installation approximately 10GB or so to fit leopard, partition 2 for Snow leopard installation, partition 3 for Retail Image)

you install snow leopard from an existing Leopard operating system.

I patched my dsdt

made an efi string for my video card. plus installed a few other things, (NOT SURE WHAT ACTUALLY MADE IT WORK)

installed 64 bit kexts only. (this is very important. use only snow leopard 64 bit kexts if you want to install 64 bit snow leopard)

REMEMBER TO REPAIR PERMISSIONS USING KEXT UTILITY 2.3.2 WHEN YOU FIRST GO INTO SNOW LEOPARD, OTHERWISE IT WILL KERNEL PANIC WITHIN 2 OR SO MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!

took me a while to figure that out.

have a look at these links

http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/how-to-inst...-on-a-pc-t3137/

http://www.teknojunkie.com/2009/08/guide-s...32-coming-soon/

http://www.insanelymac.com/2009/08/how-to-...-pc-hackintosh/

if you already have a leopard installed operating system.

just keeping trying with the guides until the Snow Leopard operating system works. Its that easy.

cheers Rowdy15

from

you took which file of boot ? Is it taken from netkat website ?

Merci :(

Thanks m8 it worked only when i installed NVinject i get an error when booting.

Do you rebuild the authorizations ?

In "SU" mode : system/library/coreservives/Utility of directory

Open and activate SU

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/

touch /System/Library/Extensions

exit

sudo -k

Has someone working sound (ALC1200)?

I tried different kexts which didn't work. So I tried to make my own DSDT but this is a pain. Has anyone with a P5Q a DSDT for audio or any other solution? I need the digital out (Coax).

By the way my BIOS is patched (1611).

Has someone working sound (ALC1200)?

I tried different kexts which didn't work. So I tried to make my own DSDT but this is a pain. Has anyone with a P5Q a DSDT for audio or any other solution? I need the digital out (Coax).

By the way my BIOS is patched (1611).

Audio VooDooHDA.kext ;)

Audio VooDooHDA.kext :rolleyes:

Yes I tried that and got analog audio. But i want digital and it didn't work. I now have vanilla BIOS again with a DSDT.aml directly out of the DSDT Patcher GUI. I have no idea what I have to change to use legacyHDA.kext...

I know this is the best way but all guides I have found about DSDT are not understandable...

Has anyone try ed installing SL on a Asus P5Q yet?

I want to install it but i am afraid of losing my nice installation.

I've been able to install SL on my ASUS P5Q. I installed SL by going to /Volumes/SLDVD/System/Installation/Packages/

and running OSInstall.mpkg from a working Leopard install. I am currently using Chameleon 1.0.12 with Netkas' EFI 10.1 and a patched dsdt.aml. Chameleon 2.0 r431 seems to cause a kernel panic (vanilla kernel). I'm going to retry Chameleon 2.0 though again...

Using special kexts from, Netkas as well... without those kexts, this endeavor would prove to be fruitless.

You definitely want to have a separate hard drive for installing/trying SL, so you can keep a working Leopard install or existing install unharmed. Just be sure to name the volumes differently, so you don't inadvertently install SL/Chameleon/Patches/Fixes to the wrong volume!

I'll also be writing up a guide... so stay tuned.

My setup...

Motherboard:

ASUS P5Q w/ 2102 Juzzi BIOS (no slic) - DriveXpert disabled, Express Gate disabled, Onboard LAN disabled, Marvell 88SE6111 disabled, Serial Port disabled...

Onboard Sound (does not work, trying to patch with HDEF injection into DSDT - ongoing project)

I'm also going to try VoodooHDA.kext, the one that's been recompiled for x64. Since a lot of people are saying it works for ALC1200...

Processor:

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.0GHz Wolfdale

Memory:

Patriot Viper Series 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 1066 MHz PC-8500 5-5-5-15 @ 2.1v

Graphics:

eVGA Geforce GTS 250 Superclocked 1GB (using efi injection in com.apple.Boot.plist under device-properties) - QE/CI fully working under SL.

Network Wireless (recognized as Airport):

NetGear WG311T Super G 108-mbps Wireless PCI Adapter (works out of box, based on Atheros AR5004G, no hacks/mods necessary)

Network Wired:

NetGear GA311 PCI (works out of box, based on RTL8169S, no hacks/mods necessary)

I've been able to install SL on my ASUS P5Q. I installed SL by going to /Volumes/SLDVD/System/Installation/Packages/

and running OSInstall.mpkg from a working Leopard install. I am currently using Chameleon 1.0.12 with Netkas' EFI 10.1 and a patched dsdt.aml. Chameleon 2.0 r431 seems to cause a kernel panic (vanilla kernel). I'm going to retry Chameleon 2.0 though again...

Using special kexts from, Netkas as well... without those kexts, this endeavor would prove to be fruitless.

You definitely want to have a separate hard drive for installing/trying SL, so you can keep a working Leopard install or existing install unharmed. Just be sure to name the volumes differently, so you don't inadvertently install SL/Chameleon/Patches/Fixes to the wrong volume!

I'll also be writing up a guide... so stay tuned.

My setup...

Motherboard:

ASUS P5Q w/ 2102 Juzzi BIOS (no slic) - DriveXpert disabled, Express Gate disabled, Onboard LAN disabled, Marvell 88SE6111 disabled, Serial Port disabled...

Onboard Sound (does not work, trying to patch with HDEF injection into DSDT - ongoing project)

I'm also going to try VoodooHDA.kext, the one that's been recompiled for x64. Since a lot of people are saying it works for ALC1200...

Processor:

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.0GHz Wolfdale

Memory:

Patriot Viper Series 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 1066 MHz PC-8500 5-5-5-15 @ 2.1v

Graphics:

eVGA Geforce GTS 250 Superclocked 1GB (using efi injection in com.apple.Boot.plist under device-properties) - QE/CI fully working under SL.

Network Wireless (recognized as Airport):

NetGear WG311T Super G 108-mbps Wireless PCI Adapter (works out of box, based on Atheros AR5004G, no hacks/mods necessary)

Network Wired:

NetGear GA311 PCI (works out of box, based on RTL8169S, no hacks/mods necessary)

Send me please a copy of your dsdt.aml file.Thanks