• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
System specs
Intel Core i7 920
Asus P6T SE Intel® X58/ ICH10R chipset
Radeon HD 4890 1 Gig Ram
6 gigs triple channel memory

How exactly would I go about installing Snow leopard if I had the retail disc of it.

CrimsonAngel

CrimsonAngel

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
I heard the boot 132 method wasn't working. So how would I go about getting it to boot from an external hard drive? What kexts WOuld I have to use? How exactly would I go about doing all this?

Ice88

Ice88

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

I heard the boot 132 method wasn't working. So how would I go about getting it to boot from an external hard drive? What kexts WOuld I have to use? How exactly would I go about doing all this?

Its called the search function buddy use it. Theres alot of other topics on this subject use it, you wont learn anything by being spoon fed.

CrimsonAngel

CrimsonAngel

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Its called the search function buddy use it. Theres alot of other topics on this subject use it, you wont learn anything by being spoon fed.

Well I have done quite a lot of searching and I found the motherboard the SE version, has been somewhat difficult to get fully working for some people.

I have found a boot 132 iso that should work for the motherboard though at this link http://www.insanelym...p...50402&st=20

then when looking on youtube I found what seems like a good guide to get it to run on an external hard drive. from this link. http://www.youtube.c...feature=channel
Now here are the questions I have.

I have the snow leopard DMG where do I put it? and how do i get it to boot?
also the format volume in the youtube video was mac os plus, what is that? its not an option for me in disc utilities.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy