 - P5W DH Deluxe - [SUCCESS]

rsilves

185 posts in this topic

hi!

i've installed osx by ideneb 10.5.7 on my p5wdh deluxe with geforce 8800gt.

All works great during the installation and after.

The system works great with internet, graphics 1920*1080p full hd the only problem is that few minutes (15 minutes) after booting my osx, the screen and also the system locks and there's no other solution that reset the computer.

i've try to disabled the screen saver and more but i don't know where this problem come from.

can you help please?

thx a lot and sorry for my very bad english.

Anyone updated to 10.6.2???

worked?

Issues?

anything good or bad??

Upgraded and works, no issue and don't notice anything new.

Make sure to follow Netkas's advice at http://netkas.org/?p=315 on how to upgrade.

Tommy

hi!

i've installed osx by ideneb 10.5.7 on my p5wdh deluxe with geforce 8800gt.

All works great during the installation and after.

The system works great with internet, graphics 1920*1080p full hd the only problem is that few minutes (15 minutes) after booting my osx, the screen and also the system locks and there's no other solution that reset the computer.

i've try to disabled the screen saver and more but i don't know where this problem come from.

can you help please?

thx a lot and sorry for my very bad english.

We mainly focus on 10.6.x here, you might wanna post your issue in 10.5.x thread.

To start with diagnostic, review your console log and search the forum.

Tommy

I thought i would share this. I was getting annoyed that any time i moved my mouse my computer(p5w dh) would turn on but not come out of sleep ( just a black screen), i couldn't find a complete fix for this but i did figure out a way for it to completely come out of sleep with my mouse or keyboard by removing the wireless card, in the process freeing up 2 usb ports that it was occupying which are capable of waking up my hackintosh from sleep for some reason. so all i did was hook up my keyboards and mouse adapter to one of those newly added ports and it works perfectly and installing any other device on the other available ports doesn't seem to effect the boards ability to come out of sleep

So hello guys!

i read nearly all posts of this thread and found out that nobody have a solution for USB working corectly, so here is an solution from me!

you just need to replace the IOPCIFamily.kext with this one

http://www.mediafire.com/?m1dhiiuy2gi

I don´t know where i get this from, but it helped me on Leopard to get USB 2.0 to work.

its from infinatlymac and it works really well. i can keep my stock extenshios folder completely vanilla using it, so i dont need to delete hpet.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry this is cross-posted, didn't think to put it here first....

I am almost there with my P5W DH Deluxe install of SL 10.6....

If there is anyone out there who would be able to offer me any guidance to the three final issues I am having I'll be forever indebted!

1) Coaxial SPDIF out is not working and I don't think the optical is either (from other's posts), though I haven't tested it / may have jumper disabled it a while ago (can't remember if you have to choose one or the other with jumpers, but I had coaxial working for my PC prior to nuking it to go MAC). I am open to any suggestions since normal line out / headphones won't cut it for my setup.... (I.E. Do I need to go the codec dump route? and patch something, DSDT?) I'd also like to be running everything in 64bit when all is said and done.

2) Computer tries to sleep, like shuts off hard-drives and monitor, but will never come back via mouse move / keyboard hit. Using logitec cordless keyboard/mouse that wakes most machines just fine. Also, the fans never shut off.

3) I don't like the idea of the CPU running full throttle like it has been stated that it'll do with the NULL CPU kext. Is this the case? Is there another way to avoid this / fans running all the time?

I'm posting a grab of my Extra folder which is all I'm using to alter my otherwise OOTB SL install.

Thank you in advance!

post-77479-1260963096_thumb.jpg

Since I don't want to abandon this thread here's how I got the Coaxial SPDIF Out working in OS 10.6 on my P5W DH Deluxe with the 975X Intel chipset and a Realtek ALC 882 Onboard Audio Card. All this boots up with a Chameleon boot.

1) I used the attached kexts in the Extra/Extensions Folder.

-The AppleHDA.kext is patched by dropping my Linux Codec Dump file on Taruga's AppleHDAPatcherv1.20 after backing up the original one in my System/Library/Extensions Folder. The patcher patches the file directly into that folder so MAKE SURE TO BACK UP.

2) I moved the patched file out of there into my Extra/Extensions Folder.

3) I just used the voodooHDA.kext file that I found looking around dated Nov 26, 2009 as it seemed to have a description that handled more of my problems.

4) That was dropped in the Extra/Extensions Folder also.

5) Run the permissions stuff in post 80 in this thread.

6) Set system sounds and output to SPDIF.

7) THE KEY FOR ME WAS...........> Go into MIDI handler (type midi into spotlight). Click on SPDIF-out and change the format to 48000.0 Hz and choose 2ch-16bit.

I know this isn't everything to everyone, but it got me audio out of the SPDIF Coaxial.... A big plus for me.

See screengrab in my last post for the Extra folder contents I use... My dsdt.aml is patched off my bios which is 2901 I believe.

I have HD Audio set to Vista in my BIOS.

NOW.... Anyone know how to get this damn thing to come back from sleep...?

ALC882_SPDIF_kexts.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Folks, please, could someone summarize the main steps for install snow over the p5wdh?

What's working and what not? I've read some post about resume problem...so, please, reply with the checklist, and,please, my P5WDH friends, update this post with latest drivers...This forum is gold for us!! ;)

Thank you again

P5W-DH Mainboard Checklist (answer Yes or No):

64 Bit:

Audio 5.1:

Audio SPIDF:

OnBoard Wireless:

Gigabit Ethernet:

IR Remote:

Shutdown:

Reboot:

Sleep:

Resume:

Since I don't want to abandon this thread here's how I got the Coaxial SPDIF Out working in OS 10.6 on my P5W DH Deluxe with the 975X Intel chipset and a Realtek ALC 882 Onboard Audio Card. All this boots up with a Chameleon boot.

Excellent! Thanks as this as been annoying me too - just not had time to spend on it.

It would be really great if I could get 5.1 working on my Z-5500s though.

Are the 5.1 speaker options ghosted out in your "Configure Speakers..." section of the Midi Audio Devices panel?

Any clues on how I can approach fixing this?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Excellent! Thanks as this as been annoying me too - just not had time to spend on it.

It would be really great if I could get 5.1 working on my Z-5500s though.

Are the 5.1 speaker options ghosted out in your "Configure Speakers..." section of the Midi Audio Devices panel?

Any clues on how I can approach fixing this?

Thanks.

I think you need to define a custom multi channel object in the midi? I read how to do it last year for my leopard install, it allows you to build a custom multichanel setup, I had it working with the taruga patcher.