DSDT - Vanilla Speedstep - Generic Scope (_PR)

FKA

1,949 posts in this topic

hello guys, i tried to follow the steps but i'm getting trouble!

i have an HP tm2 1090eg wich has a intel su7300 processor dual core.

i'm trying to fix sleep mode and speedstep, i cant get it work... and i have KPs very often, then sometimes boot but withouth results!

i got the all-built in fix at usbs but when i try to put it sleep its goes than come back from sleep suddenly!

here is my DSDT, my ioregistryexplorer report, my details taken from vodoo monitor about vid fid etc..

samu___s_MacBook_Pro.zip

dsdt1.aml.zip

FID - VID

46 18 1294 mhz x6,5 1,084v 0x4618 0xD

06-16 1194 mhz x6,0 1,052v 0x616 0XC

8A 15 995mhz x5,0 1,004v 0x8A15 0XB

88 13 796 mgz x4.0 1,004 0x8813 0x9

86 10 597 mhz x3,0 0.956v 0x8610 0x7

THANKS for any help!

any can help me guys??

A weird one! I have everything work fine, I can see the p-states changing and the voltage reducing etc!

But when I try and sleep the fans stay on..... and it dosent wake from sleep.

The I have to turn the power off and on again, them the p-states are not work when i restart.....

I have to then shut down again then reboot to get them to work.

Anyone have any ideas?

In System Preferences/Energy Saver, is there a tick in Start up auto....?

yes voodoomonitor.

so is this just inaccuracy of voodoomonitor again?

So you are saying that if you dump MSI SSDT tables you see different VID values than VoodooMonitor shows being used ? Or is just that MSI and Gigabyte read your chip's VID differently ?

...But when I try and sleep the fans stay on..... and it dosent wake from sleep.

The I have to turn the power off and on again, them the p-states are not work when i restart.....

Hi, just for record, AppleACPIThermal.kext (for fan control) prevent sleep... from /E/E or S/L/E... therefore need to be unloaded before sleep and reloaded after wake... a good automatic (resident) option is sleepwatcher. See this thread, we discuss about that. I hope this help.

So you are saying that if you dump MSI SSDT tables you see different VID values than VoodooMonitor shows being used ? Or is just that MSI and Gigabyte read your chip's VID differently ?

MSI (SSDT dump) and Gigabyte (voodoopower.kext + pstate changer ) both show the same ViD for each p-state.

On my MSI setup without injecting _PSS values as taken from my SSDT into DSDT, voodoomonitor shows differant ViDs (slightly higher.) than the SSDT dump from my MSI board and as taken from pstatechanger and voodoopower for my GigaByte board.

So I'm presuming the slightly higher ViDs I now see are:

a.) not correct and

b.) not being read from BIOS.

D

MSI (SSDT dump) and Gigabyte (voodoopower.kext + pstate changer ) both show the same ViD for each p-state.

On my MSI setup without injecting _PSS values as taken from my SSDT into DSDT, voodoomonitor shows differant ViDs (slightly higher.) than the SSDT dump from my MSI board and as taken from pstatechanger and voodoopower for my GigaByte board.

So I'm presuming the slightly higher ViDs I now see are:

a.) not correct and

b.) not being read from BIOS.

D

If you have Windows too check what Everest shows. On my MSI boards SSDT dump VID's are 1B and 28, that's what I saw in Everest, didn't check with VoodooMonitor.

Please help - Strange Scope (_PR) !

I am trying to fix up my Vostro 3500 DSDT (i5 430M processor) . I have made all the usual changes recommended and HPET, LPC kexts etc. are loading fine but I cannot get to a stage where removal of NullCpuPMManagement.kext is possible and that damn KP will just not go away.

I think the problem may be that the DSDT has an unusual layout for Scope (_PR) which seems to call on the SSDTs for information and does not itself have the normal processor declarations.

I'd be grateful if someone could take a look at the zip folder and point me in a good direction.

In the zip are the vanilla DSDT and two SSDT tables and also my work in progress dsdt which is fine as far as it goes and has no errors, warnings or remarks.

I tried adding the SSDTs into the DSDT to complete scope(_PR) but had no joy.

Speedstep on my Zotac was a piece of cake compared to this....

StrangeDSDT.zip

Does anybody have ACPI dump from MacBookPro6,1 and or iMac11,1 ?

Actually scrub that - i5 and i7 users please see this guide here

D

If you have Windows too check what Everest shows. On my MSI boards SSDT dump VID's are 1B and 28, that's what I saw in Everest, didn't check with VoodooMonitor.

not sure what I'm meant to be looking for in Everest - however the SSDT _PSS I posted earlier was taken from an Everest dump.

CPU-Z and Everest are showing vCore idle @1.09v in Win7

Voodoo monitor is currently showing idle @1.052v (I believe C1E has kicked in here as vCore for lowest multi is 1.084 as shown in voodoo monitor.)

So nothing too much to worry about - just don't understand the disparity?!

D

not sure what I'm meant to be looking for in Everest - however the SSDT _PSS I posted earlier was taken from an Everest dump.

CPU-Z and Everest are showing vCore idle @1.09v in Win7

Voodoo monitor is currently showing idle @1.052v (I believe C1E has kicked in here as vCore for lowest multi is 1.084 as shown in voodoo monitor.)

So nothing too much to worry about - just don't understand the disparity?!

D

You should see some familiar numbers here:

post-375259-1278403353_thumb.png

And yes, I wouldn't worry too much, everything seems to be working.

I finally have my p-states working after using a fake mac model number. For the record MacBook4,1 which my system matches will not load pstates correctly but changing that to MacBook4,2 it does. The only thing that explains that is that my system cant fake it that well to trick SMC to speedstep properly.

So I have that working but no idea if C-states are there which bring me to quote the below..

I am also still seeking a sleep fix for my system.. Anyone have any ideas I have attached my DSDT and Ioreg.. Ive searched for so many fixes my head is starting to spin...

Hi,

i try to figure out if i get C4 working. I use this package

Name (_CST, Package (0x04)
           {
               0x03, 
               Package(0x04){ResourceTemplate (){Register(FFixedHW,0x01,0x02,0x000,)},One,One,0x03E8},
               Package(0x04){ResourceTemplate (){Register(SystemIO,0x08,0x00,0x414,)},0x02,One,0x01F4},                    
               Package(0x04){ResourceTemplate (){Register(SystemIO,0x08,0x00,0x416,)},0x04,0x96,0x64}
           })
       }

In SL running sudo setpci -s 0:1f.0 0xa6.b returns with "cannot find any working access method".

Same cmd in Linux returns with "80"

I would like to know the same as I have been trying to find a way to see if the various cstates are working on my system. I have CSTInfo=0x1240105 in Ioreg but is that enough to prove there all working?

I ran your command and I got a result in SL of 00. What does that mean? Do I have C4 working?

Thanks...

A weird one! I have everything work fine, I can see the p-states changing and the voltage reducing etc!

But when I try and sleep the fans stay on..... and it dosent wake from sleep.

I have to then shut down again then reboot to get them to work.

Anyone have any ideas?

I am also in search of a fix for sleep. ACPIthermal is not my problem and neither is USB as far as I can tell. My system simply freezes and I must reboot when I force a sleep. Otherwise it will never go to sleep on its own no matter where the timer is set to in power settings.

If anyone has an idea and or wants to take a look at my system.. See attached..

http://www.mediafire.com/file/3znhrnx4men/DSDT & IOREG.zip

Thanks

I ran your command and I got a result in SL of 00. What does that mean? Do I have C4 working?

Thanks...

AFAIK Terminal should return with the value "80" when you have C4 working.

What confuses me that i only get this when i boot to Linux, and "can't find any working access method" in SL.

Any ideas ? Anyone ?

thanks

Are you referencing Duvels restart fix there?

I am not sure how this references has to do with c-state c4? Unless I missed the particular post ur trying to point 2. There is a part where Master Chief refers to a command that shows latency and I do not know what command/app they are using there to get that data.

As for restart fix.. I asked you about this when I was looking for a DSDT/bootloader fix so I could remove evoreboot.kext (which fixes only my restart). I have read that thread at least 3 times now lol. I have applied a FADT patch through my bootloader Anval with no success. I also extracted my FADT.aml and booted with it in place.. Same result. As far as I understand I dont have his issue with restart so the fix does not help me..

Thanks

Are you referencing Duvels restart fix there?

I am not sure how this references has to do with c-state c4? Unless I missed the particular post ur trying to point 2. There is a part where Master Chief refers to a command that shows latency and I do not know what command/app they are using there to get that data.

As for restart fix.. I asked you about this when I was looking for a DSDT/bootloader fix so I could remove evoreboot.kext (which fixes only my restart). I have read that thread at least 3 times now lol. I have applied a FADT patch through my bootloader Anval with no success. I also extracted my FADT.aml and booted with it in place.. Same result. As far as I understand I dont have his issue with restart so the fix does not help me..

Thanks

Someone was asking for lspci ... That's all.

Thanks

this bootloader has the restart fix no need for FADT patching

this bootloader has the restart fix no need for FADT patching

Well either way it does not work for me. I am using Valvs bootloader Anval which also has this fix. Aserel even says that the fix is meant for people with ICH9 and ICH10. I have ICH8M so makes sense that it does not work for me.

Anyway back on topic... any idea about checking c-states?

I have been trying to find a way to see if the various cstates are working on my system. I have CSTInfo=0x1240105 in Ioreg but is that enough to prove there all working? Is there a specific command that shows a particular c-state is working?

Thanks

00D

Hello guys,

you can easily apply this patch to your DSDT using this editor.

Here is the patch in the automated patcher format

SpeedStep.zip

Choose cpu0-3 if your DSDT has CPU0, CPU1, CPU2 and CPU3

Choose cpu1-4 if your DSDT has CPU1, CPU2, CPU3 and CPU4

There are files with 3 and 4 P-states, you just have to fill the FID and VID values for each state. If you add more states, remember to fix the package size.

Here for the Q6600 CPU

Q6600.zip

And here the LPC device-id patch, if you need it

LPC.txt.zip

Hope it helps the less experienced with DSDT patching.

Regards.

Well either way it does not work for me. I am using Valvs bootloader Anval which also has this fix. Aserel even says that the fix is meant for people with ICH9 and ICH10. I have ICH8M so makes sense that it does not work for me.

Anyway back on topic... any idea about checking c-states?

I have been trying to find a way to see if the various cstates are working on my system. I have CSTInfo=0x1240105 in Ioreg but is that enough to prove there all working? Is there a specific command that shows a particular c-state is working?

Thanks

00D

Download ICH10 datasheet and read page 455. Notice bit 7. Then get ICH8M datasheet and check if it has a similar bit. If yes then you can try to use lspci to check if deeper C-states work. That CSTInfo in ioreg says that you have some C-states, but it doesn't say how many.

Hello guys,

you can easily apply this patch to your DSDT using this editor.

Here is the patch in the automated patcher format

SpeedStep.zip

Choose cpu0-3 if your DSDT has CPU0, CPU1, CPU2 and CPU3

Choose cpu1-4 if your DSDT has CPU1, CPU2, CPU3 and CPU4

There are files with 3 and 4 P-states, you just have to fill the FID and VID values for each state. If you add more states, remember to fix the package size.

Here for the Q6600 CPU

Q6600.zip

And here the LPC device-id patch, if you need it

LPC.txt.zip

Hope it helps the less experienced with DSDT patching.

Regards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi oldnapalm,

Im having alot of trouble with my speedstep to work with my E6750 cpu and GA-G31M-S2L. I have try so many ways to get it to work but as soon as i try to boot with applecpupowermanagement.kext it kp so i'm am so lost right now. Thank you.

Hi oldnapalm,

Im having alot of trouble with my speedstep to work with my E6750 cpu and GA-G31M-S2L. I have try so many ways to get it to work but as soon as i try to boot with applecpupowermanagement.kext it kp so i'm am so lost right now. i have attach my dsdt and ssdt from DSDTSE if it helps i can get it from Everest thank you.

What KP? If it's related to HPET, try using fassl's DSDT_Patcher newHPET option.

You can use this patch with the editor I recommended in my previous post

newHPET.txt

What KP? If it's related to HPET, try using fassl's DSDT_Patcher newHPET option.

You can use this patch with the editor I recommended in my previous post

newHPET.txt

I used the DSDT Editor with the new HPET, and it works beautifully, thank you so much it was very easy to use this program thanks again.

I used the DSDT Editor with the new HPET, and it works beautifully, thank you so much it was very easy to use this program thanks again.

You are welcome. Maybe you need to remove IRQs from devices PIC and TMR if you notice some slowdown in the system (audio, video, SATA). You can use the patch "IRQs.txt" (please download again, the app was updated).

You are welcome. Maybe you need to remove IRQs from devices PIC and TMR if you notice some slowdown in the system (audio, video, SATA). You can use the patch "IRQs.txt" (please download again, the app was updated).

Yip, i removed the IRQ's from the devices, the only thing i'm trying to sort out is sometimes it doesn't shut down the screen turns off but the fans keep going, i tried using the shutdown patch but it doesn't work, and the other thing was auto sleep, but i think alot of people are having this same problem unless they use please sleep. thanks.

Download ICH10 datasheet and read page 455. Notice bit 7. Then get ICH8M datasheet and check if it has a similar bit. If yes then you can try to use lspci to check if deeper C-states work. That CSTInfo in ioreg says that you have some C-states, but it doesn't say how many.

I have the bit mm67. How do I check with lspci the c-states?

I am still having trouble with my speedstep.. SOOOO

I tried something that I never thought would actually work and it did not but it was close.

I booted up with a MB4,1 DSDT in place.

It booted really slow and actually got all the way through to the gui. Frozen on the blue screen right before you hit the desktop. I had to do a complete bios reset to get back to where I am now which makes sense.

I did this for 2 reasons. 1 to see if it would work as my system is so close to a MB4,1. Also because I'm frustrated that speedstep is still not working as well as it should be. I was seeing stepping in voodoo monitor now I am seeing a single frozen state as I was before I made the change to fake model. Now I have a theory and it leads me back to the DSDT and thus this test.

I believe the problem I have has to do with my DSDT not being specific enough to properly load the framework for speedstep correctly. For example SBUS as outlined in post 399 in this thread by Master Chief.

He indicates the sbus helps ID your CPU and I have the problem he is refering to.

He has 2 lists on that post.. Off the first list I have.

51 0 0x553ec000 0x3000 0x2000 com.apple.driver.AppleFileSystemDriver (2.0) <18 4 3>3 1>

62 0 0x5b470000 0x7000 0x6000 com.apple.iokit.SCSITaskUserClient (2.6.5) <54 18 5 4 3 1>

83 0 0x5b927000 0x7000 0x6000 com.apple.driver.AppleIntelMeromProfile (19) <73 6 5 4 3> <-- NOT MY CPU

96 0 0x5ba9f000 0x8000 0x7000 com.apple.driver.AppleIntelNehalemProfile (11) <73 6 4 3> <-- NOT MY CPU

103 0 0x5bb2b000 0x5000 0x4000 com.apple.driver.AppleIntelYonahProfile (14) <73 6 4 3> <-- NOT MY CPU

110 0 0x54e3f000 0x9000 0x8000 com.apple.driver.AppleTyMCEDriver (1.0.1d8) <77 14 13 7 6 5 4 3 1>

Off the second list I only have 35 1 0x55185000 0x3000 0x2000 com.apple.iokit.IOSMBusFamily (1.1) <5 4 3>

My cpu is com.apple.driver.AppleIntelPenrynProfile (17) <73 6 4 3> which is also loaded but I dont need the rest of them and they prob cause more trouble there there worth. This also must be affecting speedstep. Since the system is loading all the other CPU profiles It must not be able to properly load a speedstep profile for me either, thus it half works. This is a theory of course. I would like to hear other ideas. I know it all boils down to the DSDT though.

Here is the kernel log for the MB4,1 DSDT load. Interesting results.. Froze at SMC is stuck and cannot recover. Must be a SMC device in the MB4,1 DSDT that I dont have that caused the freeze. If I removed it maybe it would load. But where is it?

kernel[0]: npvhash=4095
 kernel[0]: PAE enabled
 kernel[0]: 64 bit mode enabled
 kernel[0]: Darwin Kernel Version 10.4.0: Fri Apr 23 18:28:53 PDT 2010; root:xnu-1504.7.4~1/RELEASE_I386
 kernel[0]: vm_page_bootstrap: 970906 free pages and 77670 wired pages
 kernel[0]: standard timeslicing quantum is 10000 us
 kernel[0]: mig_table_max_displ = 73
 kernel[0]: AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=0 LocalApicId=0 Enabled
 kernel[0]: AppleACPICPU: ProcessorId=1 LocalApicId=1 Enabled
 kernel[0]: calling mpo_policy_init for Quarantine
 kernel[0]: Security policy loaded: Quarantine policy (Quarantine)
 kernel[0]: calling mpo_policy_init for Sandbox
 kernel[0]: Security policy loaded: Seatbelt sandbox policy (Sandbox)
 kernel[0]: calling mpo_policy_init for TMSafetyNet
 kernel[0]: Security policy loaded: Safety net for Time Machine (TMSafetyNet)
 kernel[0]: Copyright © 1982, 1986, 1989, 1991, 1993
 kernel[0]: The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.
 kernel[0]: MAC Framework successfully initialized
 kernel[0]: using 16384 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers
 kernel[0]: VoodooMonitor: © 2009 Mojodojo, All Rights Reserved. Based on VoodooPower code 
by superhai. Special thanks to markswell for cpuid utilities.
 kernel[0]: IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87
 kernel[0]: ACPI: System State [s0 S3 S4 S5] (S3)
 kernel[0]: AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement: initialization complete
 kernel[0]: netkas presents fakesmc, a kext which emulates smc device
 kernel[0]: Sleep failure code 0x00048000 0x1000da6d
 kernel[0]: mbinit: done (64 MB memory set for mbuf pool)
 kernel[0]: From path: "uuid", 
 kernel[0]: Waiting for boot volume with UUID A7538321-92AC-3B73-89C5-42EDD8DED244
 kernel[0]: Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key>
<string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key>
<string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>
 kernel[0]: com.apple.AppleFSCompressionTypeZlib kmod start
 kernel[0]: com.apple.AppleFSCompressionTypeZlib load succeeded
 kernel[0]: AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient: ready
 kernel[0]: Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0/AppleACPIPCI/SATA@1F,2
/AppleICH8AHCI/PRT0@0/IOAHCIDevice@0/AppleAHCIDiskDriver/
IOAHCIBlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorageDriver/HITACHI HTS545032B9A300 Media/
IOFDiskPartitionScheme/Untitled 2@2
 kernel[0]: BSD root: disk0s2, major 14, minor 2
 kernel[0]: USBMSC Identifier (non-unique): 222222222222 0x152d 0x2338 0x100
 kernel[0]: USBMSC Identifier (non-unique): 5LAEYKSL             0x4c5 0x201d 0x1
 kernel[0]: hfs: Removed 1 orphaned / unlinked files and 0 directories 
 kernel[0]: systemShutdown false
 kernel[0]: Waiting for DSMOS...
 kernel[0]: Previous Shutdown Cause: 0
 kernel[0]: wl0: Broadcom BCM4328 802.11 Wireless Controller
 kernel[0]: 5.10.91.27
 kernel[0]: SMS::setupInts ERROR: checkForInvalidInts failed (kSMCKeyNotFound)
 kernel[0]: SMS::initHelper ERROR setupInts failed (kSMCKeyNotFound)
 kernel[0]: SMS::initHelperStatic ERROR: initHelper failed (kSMCKeyNotFound), NOT calling registerService()
 kernel[0]: IG: Invalid firmware max backlight setting
 kernel[0]: VoodooHDADevice[0x465d3000]::init
 kernel[0]: nid 11 is input monitor
 kernel[0]: Enabling input audio routing switching at node 24:
 kernel[0]: Enabling output audio routing switching at node 27:
 kernel[0]: TIMEOUT numcmd=1, sent=1, received=0
 15:57:46: --- last message repeated 1 time ---
 kernel[0]: error: codec #1 is not responding, probing aborted
 kernel[0]: Pin sense: cad 0 nid=24 res=0
 kernel[0]: switch nid 34 conn 0 off
 kernel[0]: mute nid 34 conn 0 off
 kernel[0]: switch nid 34 conn 1 on
 kernel[0]: mute nid 34 conn 1 on
 kernel[0]: setDesc  change description Microphone (CD) channel 1 assoc 1
 kernel[0]: Pin sense: cad 0 nid=27 res=0
 kernel[0]: setDesc  change description Speaker (CD) channel 0 assoc 0
 kernel[0]: Sound assertion "!fProvider->open ( this )" failed in "/SourceCache/
AppleHDA/AppleHDA-187.4.1/AppleHDAController/
AppleHDAController.cpp" at line 299 goto Exit
 kernel[0]: DSMOS has arrived
 kernel[0]: IntelMemory::init
 kernel[0]: --- last message repeated 1 time ---
 kernel[0]: InitPool:  offset= 0x08000000 size = 0x08000000
 kernel[0]: com_ZyDAS_driver_ZD1211USB: Ethernet address 00:0e:2e:70:fe:b8
 kernel[0]: AirPort_Brcm43xx: Ethernet address 00:1f:e1:50:a6:03
 kernel[0]: IO80211Controller::dataLinkLayerAttachComplete():  adding AppleEFINVRAM notification
 kernel[0]: display: Not usable
 kernel[0]: SMC::smcSMCInABadState ERROR: SMC is stuck and cannot recover

What I want to do is mod my DSDT to hopefully fix it closer to the Macbook4,1 but I am lost. Every time I try to add something I get compile errors. I'm simply not skilled enough. Can someone help me with this? Maybe give me some tips on editing the DSDT. I need to overhaul mine. What if I copy every device from the MB4,1 DSDT and its structure and set mine up exactly like that. Will that work? Its really close to this MB4,1 DSDT as it is but some additional items here and there and some names changed. I guess if I could figure out what I needed to keep in mine and go from that then id almost have it.

Thanks

00D

I have the bit mm67. How do I check with lspci the c-states?

post-375259-1278665787_thumb.png

First you use lspci to find address of your LPC controller, then you use setpci command to read a specific register, on ICH10 that register is A6 and register is 8 bits long so I use sudo setpci -s 0:1f.0 0xa6.b. Let's say result from command is 80, I open Calculator, put it to Programmer mode and input value 80. From the picture you can see that bit 7 is set.

post-375259-1278666351_thumb.png