E7AUM-DS2H - Working well

scoobydu

8 posts in this topic

Just to let you know that this board works great with the modified bios to fix the dsdt and netkas fakesmc.

Very stable, sound, network (even 9000 jumbo frames) internal graphics all work ootb ;)

regards

Any test down with SL with this board with >4GB RAM? Still crashed as usual? How do you get around with the CMOS reset issue? Using DSDT?

Can't help I'm afraid, only have 2g in this machine at the moment.

So far the cmos issue has not caused me problems; it has on my GA35DS3R though!

No dsdt as I'm using a patch bios to solve the dsdt related problems.

So you are experiencing CMOS reset as well? I try to fix the CMOS problem using DSDT Patcher but it came out with 1 error and 30+ warnings. :D

Will try to disassem Signal64 posted DSTD v1 and make that update and post back result.

A little update regarding >2GB RAM, I have tried 8GB RAM using onboard 9400 with Koalala Modded bios. System boots but KP when desktop is loading (can see the wallpaper) with error on GeForce drivers. This board is not good at all for >2GB RAM.

Did you guys get the JMicron working on this board?

I keep getting KP's with each of the 64bits versions I try.

Also looking for Sil3132 x64 drivers ... ;)

TIA

Same here attached a PATA and got a KP before getting to desktop. I redo a DSDT patch to get rid of the CMOS reset problem. Now I have sound working (dsdt patch base on patch bios) + old leopard AppleHDA. Video wise, I have used a 9500GT instead of onboard (have revert to orginal bios without patch) working also EFI string. Sleep is ok but when wake no video on screen although machine have woke up. At least got a working machine running on 4GB RAM (not extensively tested), 8GB RAM with external GFX also result KP.

Another note, can't run verify/repair disk permission, got error not package found. Anyone have this erorr? BTW my install method is install from LEO using UInstaller to fire up SL install.