GA-G31M-S2L

33 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
I am also running this board as a second system. Try the attached zip file. Replace your dsdt.dsl in /Extra with the one in the zip file and put the ALC662.kext in /Extra/Extensions. Rebuild the Extensions.mkext in /Extra (if your using Chameleon 2).

ALC662.zip

this kext doesn't work after 10.6.2 update :laser:

any updated version of this kext????

• 1 month later...

I got the same board with an E8400, 2GB with the F6 bios and did a clean install with Chamelion RC4 and the retail dvd. Everything works, even the onboard graphics in 64-bit mode except for sound. (only1024 though). Got an ATI HD4650 available that i can try, but i am not sure if i can install this card after the install of OS 10.6.

Any hope?

I also got a G41M-ES2L board. Is this a better board for running Snow?

Could anyone point me to any guides with regards to dsdt etc. I have no clue what this is or what i should do to after the install process so that i can f.ex boot from the HD.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

ive updated mac osx to version 10.6.4...and in 32 bit version i can get sound working when istalling Alc 662 package... ive recently noticed that it was running in 32 bit mode so when using utlity called "macpilot" i just click there to set it to 64 bit mode...

then my audio stops working and the audio icon is "grey"..... i tried multiple kexts (that are labeled Green"...

in Leopard version i was using Voodoo HDA to get sound working..

in snow leopard .. i was using .... azalia audio pkg.... to get it to work.... (only works for me in 32 bit mode)

so please if anyone knows how to get it to work...and helps me out i would be really thankfull

im using:

G31 MX motherboard with intergrated sound ..i belive its ALC 662.. (at least on official web page specications says so) (from FOXCONN)

everything else is working great... and 32 bit mode was flawless (except i had audio onlly output 2 chanell stereo)

i also have a : sound blaster x fi extreme music ...inside computer.... but i read nothing about getting it to work.... in windows that was easy to make it work....

i would rather see soundblaster x fi working....but i would be more then happy if we could get to work on board audio

much appriciated..please help me out... i will be always gratefull

computer : core 2 duo 2.33 ghz 4mb cache

foxconn g31 mx

nvidia gt 240 1 GB DDR 3

1.5 T hard drive

2 GB Ram 800 Mhz

original apple keyboard

Dual Monitors with Full HD

sound : ALC 662 (in leopard working with voodoo hda) in snow leopard 32 bit working with : AzaliaAudio.pkg / but no sound in 64 bit mode

i have all the tools like : OSX 86 tools or UI installer or kext helper ...or kext utility 64 bit version......

i can upload any screen shot or anything..just please help me get to fix the sound..

thank you for all the answers.... best wishes

• 1 month later...