Adding Snow leopard features to 10.5.7 / 10.5.8

millie

9 posts in this topic

So .....

Ive been wondering how easy/hard would it be to add some of the snow leopard features such as quicktime X and dock expose to our hackintoshed versions of 10.5.6. and 10.5.7.

This would make perfect sense as we could use some of the cool snow leaopard features on our systems while the developers are away building snow leopard kexts that support our systems

I managed to get hold of a copy of snow leopard in hope to find the quicktimeX application using pacifist and drop it into my working 10.5.7 build. but i cant seem to find the application. If someone has a working build of snow leopard if you could upload the quicktimeX app somewhere so we could test it thatd be brilliant.

Now for dock expose ...... Im sure some creative guru out there would be able to code these extra features in!

I may be totally wrong in my line of thinking , in which case if i am i will take all the abuse you can throw at me :) :)

your thoughts?

Yeah, unless you've got some odd hardware that gives you a hard time installing Leopard/Snow Leopard, you're best bet is to upgrade. I've been using Snow Leopard on my Hackintosh's for a few months now, and it's been pretty stable even with using kexts from Leo to get all my hardware working right.

Yeah, unless you've got some odd hardware that gives you a hard time installing Leopard/Snow Leopard, you're best bet is to upgrade. I've been using Snow Leopard on my Hackintosh's for a few months now, and it's been pretty stable even with using kexts from Leo to get all my hardware working right.

+1

I agree... There is even a prelim disro available which can take some of the hard work out of patching it... If you are too lazy that it...

I personally don't see the point, as retail vanillia is and always better...

Vanilla OSX takes a double layer DVD, right? Those are a bit expensive and hard to find around here... :/

You can mount the Vanilla DMG and make from it a new one, writable, from which you can rip printers, languages and developer tools and then it will fit to a single layer dvd.

Or you can restore the image to an 8 gb stick, put chameleon 2 rc1 + pc efi 10.2 file on it, and together with a nice set of /Extra/Extensions you can boot from it.

Or, if you have an extra drive or partition, you can install directly from the vanilla disk image to your new drive/partiton under your working Leopard (there are plenty of guides in the wild to do all that).

Okay, never mind that, I found a nearby store with double layer DVDs at a decent price.

Now, I'll get vanilla... can someone point me to a "hackintosh from scratch for dummies" tutorial -- I mean, one that assumes my hard disk is empty and unformatted? :D