Atheros AR8131/AR8132

bramo

315 posts in this topic

I need this working kext eagerly.

Where can I download it ?

1. Thanks and I have installed it successfully.

2. It really works in my Asus G51J 3D in Leopard 10.5.4, Snow Leopard 10.6.2 and 10.6.3.

Thanks for your help.

It works in my Asus G51J 3D using 10.5.4, 10.6.2, and 10.6.3

Hi !

thank you very much for your work, that's awesome, i can now use my integrated chipset on GA-G31M-ES2L Rev 2

by the way, would there be a way to get jumbo frame on it ? that would be really perfect :D

thanks again

Hi !

thank you very much for your work, that's awesome, i can now use my integrated chipset on GA-G31M-ES2L Rev 2

by the way, would there be a way to get jumbo frame on it ? that would be really perfect :)

thanks again

Hi, at last my AR 8131 in Asus G51J 3D laptop can be working with Leopard 10.5.4 and Snow Leopard 10.6.2/10.6.3 after installation of this a1cKext.

Thanks for such a great work !

Hi!! I've tested the driver in my Acer D250 (AR8132) with leopard 10.5.7 (iAtkos v7) and works great!! Thanks Reader02 & Michel for an excelent work...

You're the best!!

Greetings from El Salvador :wacko::) :) :)

I have leopard 10.5.6 installed on my asus ul50vt. And I have been watching this thread to get my ar8131 working. It looks like someone did it. Can someone break it down for me. I downloaded the 2 kext. in network it says en4 connected and working. But no internet.

xcode project file is different for leopard .

replace the project file , and try again.

Hi, at last my AR 8131 in Asus G51J 3D laptop can be working with Leopard 10.5.4 and Snow Leopard 10.6.2/10.6.3 after installation of this a1cKext.

Thanks for such a great work !

I have leopard 10.5.6 installed on my asus ul50vt. And I have been watching this thread to get my ar8131 working. It looks like someone did it. Can someone break it down for me. I downloaded the 2 kext. in network it says en4 connected and working. But no internet.

Simply using kext helper to install this a1ckext into your /System/Library/Extensions and add a new PCI-E Ethernet card in your system profile if it was not automatically added after re-booting. That's all you need !

Simply using kext helper to install this a1ckext into your /System/Library/Extensions and add a new PCI-E Ethernet card in your system profile if it was not automatically added after re-booting. That's all you need !

That's what I did. Mine did not work. It says connected but no internet.

Hello.

Is the G31M-ES2L rev2 works with snow 10.6.3 with this file ?

GA-G31M-ES2L rev2 lan driver AR8131.rar

I don(t find any G31M-ES2L rev 1.0 in france...

Thanks for answer me :hysterical:

Hello to everyone and congrats for the driver :(

Im quite noob on the mac stuff so i would like to ask how can i get this driver to work on my asus n61jq. I installed Snow Leopard 10.6.3 and i cant have any internet connection even after i tryed all the kext you had here. I used command line and some kext programs like kext helper... still nothing.

Can you guys break it dont to me into a easy way for me to understand?

Best regards,

Luis Pinto

Ps. How about the wireless driver for Atheros Ar9285 are you guys working on it too? It would be excellent ;)

Asus n61 with Win7 x64 and Snow Leopard dual boot

I7 (still not fully recognized)

ATI HD 5730 - Not working

Atheros 8131 - Hope to make it work soon

Atheros 9285 - Not working

Realtek HD - Working!! ;)

I rarely get kernel panics resulting from Atheros. Does this happen to you too? What might be the fix for this? And what is the latest version of this kext? Thanks.

9zn38k.jpg

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I never saw that on my UL80VT.

Michel.

I rarely get kernel panics resulting from Atheros. Does this happen to you too? What might be the fix for this? And what is the latest version of this kext? Thanks.

Thanks in advance

Do you mean that the kernel panics don't happen when you don't load the new ethernet kext?

No, I mean I am not sure If I have the latest kext. So I want to ensure it.

As far as I'm aware, the kext most recently linked is in fact the most recent kext. If you know of another version to compare the date stamp, that will be the test. But the dev who created the driver did so using this thread as his primary reporting tool. If there's no mention of a newer kext within the thread, my guess is that there isn't one.

HTH.

Hello

Thanks for your work, my eepc 1201n (10.6.3) have at least ethernet connection (L1C version).

Nevertheless computer freezes when I tired to transfert a big file over a 100mB network. There are no traces in kernel and system logs.

Do you have a idea of the problem or maybe tricks that I can make to provide some logs?

thank you.

Reader2,

i've used "offcial" kext form google code;

but doesn't work for me on 10.5.8 (ideneb)

here's the kernel output:

May 24 13:52:42 localhost kernel[0]: [AtherosL1cEthernet] init()

May 24 13:52:42 localhost kernel[0]: [AtherosL1cEthernet] start()

May 24 13:52:42 localhost kernel[0]: [AtherosL1cEthernet] createOutputQueue()

May 24 13:52:42 localhost kernel[0]: [AtherosL1cEthernet] getPacketBufferConstraints()

May 24 13:52:42 localhost kernel[0]: [AtherosL1cEthernet] atProbe()

May 24 13:52:42 localhost kernel[0]: [AtherosL1cEthernet] Vendor ID 1969, device ID 1063

May 24 13:52:42 localhost kernel[0]: [AtherosL1cEthernet] MMR0 address 4

May 24 13:52:42 localhost kernel[0]: [AtherosL1cEthernet] Error: Couldn't map io regs

The problems looks like the system doesn' catch the card properly.

Then isn't possible to get memory map properly.

I dunno if depends on IOPCIFamily.kext

Anyone can provide help / a work kext?

Hello

Thanks for your work, my eepc 1201n (10.6.2) have at least ethernet connection (L1C version).

Nevertheless computer freezes when I tired to transfert a big file over a 100mB network. There are no traces in kernel and system logs.

Do you have a idea of the problem or maybe tricks that I can make to provide some logs?

thank you.

I have a strange problem, im using the kext from here: Atheros AR8131/AR8132 for leopard.

But im using it on Snow leopard, it works only to a certain degree. It only works in safe boot. If i boot normally all i get is Cable Unplugged.

Im assuming its a kext conflict because safe boot doesnt load all the kexts on the system, only the essentials. But i dont wanna go removing kexts all of a sudden as it took long enuf to even get snow leopard on this dang netbook.

System Details: Netbook.

Asus Eee PC 1001HA

Intel ATOM Processor @ 1.6GHz

1GB Ram Module.

160GB Internal HDD - Snow leopard 10.6

-Thanks in advance for any help.