Atheros AR8131/AR8132

bramo

315 posts in this topic

@reader02

Hello,

I've installed xcode3.1 on my leopard system and tried to build atl1c.

I get 641 errors and 119 warnings. A lot of them are due to "unsupported architecture", it seems thet __i386__ is not defined but when I redefine it I'm told that it is already defined.

I'm ready to give up, any idea ?

Regards.

Michel.

First, thank you very much reader02 and others who achieved such a great kext!

I'm using the x64 version of the kext posted #102 on hp mini 110(AR8132, 1969, 1062) without errors.

It works even after sleep.

I also tried to build the kext from the source.

When I compile with 10.6 i386 environment on Snow Leopard, I could build without errors.

However, compiling with 10.5 i386 environment either on Snow leopard(10.6.0) or Leopard(10.5.6) fails.

I'm sorry but I can't remember the version of XCode I used.

Looking at the error messages, it seems that errors come from IO80211 things.

If I remember correctly, the IO80211Family.kext chenged drastically after 10.5.8 and 10.6.0.

So, there may be a chance with 10.5.8 environment. Excuse me if I'm wrong.

Thanks, again,

Smith

First, thank you very much reader02 and others who achieved such a great kext!

I'm using the x64 version of the kext posted #102 on hp mini 110(AR8132, 1969, 1062) without errors.

It works even after sleep.

I also tried to build the kext from the source.

When I compile with 10.6 i386 environment on Snow Leopard, I could build without errors.

However, compiling with 10.5 i386 environment either on Snow leopard(10.6.0) or Leopard(10.5.6) fails.

I'm sorry but I can't remember the version of XCode I used.

Looking at the error messages, it seems that errors come from IO80211 things.

If I remember correctly, the IO80211Family.kext chenged drastically after 10.5.8 and 10.6.0.

So, there may be a chance with 10.5.8 environment. Excuse me if I'm wrong.

Thanks, again,

Smith

Thanks, have a look at my modified post, two errors are remaining while compiling the module sources.

Michel.

1 - I declared __i386__ in all the .cpp files

2 - there is a problem in libkern.h which I solved by forcing __i386__ inside

3 - Now I get only 2 errors for each cpp file :

- cast from 'queue_entry' to 'integer_t' loses precision -> in queue.h:235

- size of array '__NEED_TO_CHANGE_CAST_DOWN' is negative -> vm_param.h:230

Can you help me to solve these two remaining errors ?

xcode project file is different for leopard .

replace the project file , and try again.

atl1c_leopard.xcodeproj.zip

xcode project file is different for leopard .

replace the project file , and try again.

Thanks, you are the best.

Without your file, I managed to have a working kext by modifying the headers.

With your file, no warnings, no error.

I'll post here my build this evening.

Thanks again.

Michel.

Working kext for Leopard.

Thanks again to reader02

Michel.

build-i386-10.5-20100426.rar

build_i386_10.5_20100426.rar

Hy Everbody,

First of all WONDERFULL WORK reader02, you are my iGod :),

I'm a pretty noob to all this, just tried one or two times to install osx on my latop and eeepc 1005PE

Could you please (or someone else) teach me how to install this on my Asus ? (Have the choice between iAtkos v7 and x86 Mac osx snow leopard(without further informations about the retail)), waiting for your tutorial to decide which version to install.

Could you make the same with intel GMA 3150 ? It would be just perfect and help all my poor 1005PE using friends in the world :D

PS: for the installation i have an external dvd reader/writer, so no need for netbookadapter or so i think...

Thanks for the fantastic work and hoping desperatly for your help,

Deadsmile

Reader02,

Brilliant work!! It works perfect on my Asus M60J laptop device 0x10631969. 0 errors.

The only thing is that the iStat network activity monitor does not seem to register any network flow. Thanks again.

Reader02,

Brilliant work!! It works perfect on my Asus M60J laptop device 0x10631969. 0 errors.

The only thing is that the iStat network activity monitor does not seem to register any network flow. Thanks again.

My MenuMeters app displays ethernet activity correctly, although I re-installed its pref pane after the new Atheros kext was successfully installed. Perhaps an uninstall of iStat and re-install will work. A bit of a long shot I know, but hey, who knows?

wow thank you i was going to go and do this myself after my upgrade to snow failed

but you beat me to the punch, but you saved me a lot of time thank you very much i really apreciate it.

Thanks, you are the best.

Without your file, I managed to have a working kext by modifying the headers.

With your file, no warnings, no error.

I'll post here my build this evening.

Thanks again.

Michel.

Working kext for Leopard.

Thanks again to reader02

Michel.

build-i386-10.5-20100426.rar

i dont know if this might work for you but, but it works magic on mine , when you start the cd press f8 and type "-v cpus=1" if that dosnt work try "-v cpus=1 -f" it should start with no problem and for installation you might want to look up info on your pc for the drivers.

Hy Everbody,

First of all WONDERFULL WORK reader02, you are my iGod :) ,

I'm a pretty noob to all this, just tried one or two times to install osx on my latop and eeepc 1005PE

Could you please (or someone else) teach me how to install this on my Asus ? (Have the choice between iAtkos v7 and x86 Mac osx snow leopard(without further informations about the retail)), waiting for your tutorial to decide which version to install.

Could you make the same with intel GMA 3150 ? It would be just perfect and help all my poor 1005PE using friends in the world :D

PS: for the installation i have an external dvd reader/writer, so no need for netbookadapter or so i think...

Thanks for the fantastic work and hoping desperatly for your help,

Deadsmile

My MenuMeters app displays ethernet activity correctly, although I re-installed its pref pane after the new Atheros kext was successfully installed. Perhaps an uninstall of iStat and re-install will work. A bit of a long shot I know, but hey, who knows?

VFR_Pilot, thank your for the suggestion of reinstalling iStat Menus. I did that, but iStat Menus still does not register any network activity.

** EDIT **: I've updated iStat Menus to the newest version 3.0.1 and now network flow correctly registers.

VFR_Pilot, thank your for the suggestion of reinstalling iStat Menus. I did that, but iStat Menus still does not register any network activity.

** EDIT **: I've updated iStat Menus to the newest version 3.0.1 and now network flow correctly registers.

Good news. : )

Reader02 and Catimimi: Thanks a lot!!!

Ethernet Atheros 8132 working great on my Acer Aspire One D250, too. I installed iAtkos v7 (Leopard 10.5.7 32bit) and was working hard to put some net on it. Both wireless and wired ethernet was not working and I searched all the web to find something good for me. And finally found this topic.

Thanks, thanks, thanks!!!

remargon

Wow I was expecting since january that reader02 will join this post and help us, and finally he did it in less than 2 weeks!

I haven't test it yet(my OSX has messed up :wacko:) but this is really an excellent work!! Congratulation reader02! Thanks a lot!