Atheros AR8131/AR8132

bramo

315 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I want to try to make this driver. I am a C++ programmer for windows mostly and work on iphone sdk too.

I have a new cheap laptop using this network card AR8132, ALSO AR5B95 for the WiFi, Both are not working on the MAC.

I downloaded the source and created a new kext kernel project to test this driver. Since its my first time I am working with MAC kext kernel, I am not aware of all the library by default on the system. So far I miss some file, they are present in linux usually as I can understand but not standard with OS X. I downloaded the last XCODE for the iphone but I suppose it content everything for making apps on the MAC too.

Some of the header file missing are "sys/mutex.h" etc.. Do you know if they are some lib or something I need to install on my MAC to be able to compile this driver!

I will continue my search, maybe I need to install other package from apple to get all my missing header file.

As soon as the file are installed, I will able to compile and test the driver on my laptop, I will also compile using this laptop hehe.

After half a day trying to compile this, I cannot since FreeBSD use other library not used by OSX.

If someone can tell me what is the equivalent for some of the library? Or a site that tell you if you use this header file

you must use this one instead etc...

So far 15 missing headers, I try to use IOKit framework but since i dont know this framework its hard to tell what to use.

If someone know a network driver source working on OSX with XCODE, that would be the best to start with

and change it like the other source.

I hope someone show me other kext source working on MAC (network). With a source already working on MAC OS I think I will able to

convert it, without that that will be a waste of time for me, hehe.

Thanks.

After half a day trying to compile this, I cannot since FreeBSD use other library not used by OSX.

If someone can tell me what is the equivalent for some of the library? Or a site that tell you if you use this header file

you must use this one instead etc...

So far 15 missing headers, I try to use IOKit framework but since i dont know this framework its hard to tell what to use.

If someone know a network driver source working on OSX with XCODE, that would be the best to start with

and change it like the other source.

I hope someone show me other kext source working on MAC (network). With a source already working on MAC OS I think I will able to

convert it, without that that will be a waste of time for me, hehe.

Thanks.

come on libidus u can do it......!!!!!!! i dont know anything about programming,xcode or whatever...but i will so happy if u can make it done. im running snow leopard 10.6.2 in my acer 4736G with intel wifi 5100, and atheros 8131 and i got no internet working

come on libidus u can do it......!!!!!!! i dont know anything about programming,xcode or whatever...but i will so happy if u can make it done. im running snow leopard 10.6.2 in my acer 4736G with intel wifi 5100, and atheros 8131 and i got no internet working

I found a MAC driver source, I know how it should work, it mean to completely rewrite the driver, but its not from scratch since we have a base to start with. I will try it as soon as I can, I have some stuffs to do with my girl since its the holidays!! :wacko:

Happy holidays everyone

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I've AR8131 (1969:1063) and I've successfully running internet connection with iatkos v7.

Unfortunately I've formatted the partition, and I cannot remember which driver I've used since I've tried lot of different NIC brand driver, and now only attansicL1ethernet(144KB) pops up a connection configuration menu, but it still cannot connect to the internet, the problem is very similar to marionez's post:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...0907&st=20#

Is it possible that the problem comes from IONetworkingFamily version? I'm now using snow leopard.

Maybe that Reader02 can give us a hand? :D

• 2 weeks later...