GMA X4500

crashandburn0213

7 posts in this topic

ok i have a dell inspiron 1545 and it has an intel GMA x4500. i have tried both the "Graphics Mode"=Resolution trick and the patch from the modified X3500 driver or its the X3100 driver cant remember right tjis moment. i want to try the 915 patch but i would like an in depth tutorial if it isnt to much to ask. right now on my 1st partition i have Vista installed, and on my 2nd partition i have Mac OSX 10.5.8 installed, i have a 3rd partition but i can delete it for room for ubuntu if needed. so yes i would like to try the 915 patch but need assistance. i have tried but i messed it up on my own accord and am to worried to try it on my own again. hope to hear from you gurus soon. oh and i have chameleon bootloader v2 RC installed. any other info needed just ask me.

The "Graphics Mode"="resolution" only works when you are using Chameleon RC2. Otherwise it simply uses the largest/closest VESA resolution available. That would meen no widescreen. This is quite an easy way to go. The other way that is confirmed to work has a tutorial and discussion here. There are currently issues that people are experiencing with this method including vertical lines and a no cursor issue.

iPoco

The "Graphics Mode"="resolution" only works when you are using Chameleon RC2. Otherwise it simply uses the largest/closest VESA resolution available. That would meen no widescreen. This is quite an easy way to go. The other way that is confirmed to work has a tutorial and discussion here. There are currently issues that people are experiencing with this method including vertical lines and a no cursor issue.

iPoco

thank you for the advice, but i have done that and it doesnt work...well i cant tell if it working or not. the screen looks pretty much the same regardless of the resolution i plug into chameleon to load. and i was sure i said i tried this and it doesnt work. i was looking for help with the grub 2 loader in linux that loads the screen resolution before the chameleon bootloader loads. i think it was consonso who made this possible.

ok i have a dell inspiron 1545 and it has an intel GMA x4500. i have tried both the "Graphics Mode"=Resolution trick and the patch from the modified X3500 driver or its the X3100 driver cant remember right tjis moment. i want to try the 915 patch but i would like an in depth tutorial if it isnt to much to ask. right now on my 1st partition i have Vista installed, and on my 2nd partition i have Mac OSX 10.5.8 installed, i have a 3rd partition but i can delete it for room for ubuntu if needed. so yes i would like to try the 915 patch but need assistance. i have tried but i messed it up on my own accord and am to worried to try it on my own again. hope to hear from you gurus soon. oh and i have chameleon bootloader v2 RC installed. any other info needed just ask me.

Go to my forum GMA X4500 Resoulution

No difficult commands, no patch, no kext, just run the installer file in terminal, reboot and Voila!

It works for me!

No cursor bugging, no blue or grey screens!

Go to my forum GMA X4500 Resoulution

No difficult commands, no patch, no kext, just run the installer file in terminal, reboot and Voila!

It works for me!

No cursor bugging, no blue or grey screens!

it didnt work. besides my native resolution is 1366x768x32@60Hz. this is the same as editing the boot plist. which i have done and doesnt work. i would still like help on the grub 2 patch i keep hearing about

it didnt work. besides my native resolution is 1366x768x32@60Hz. this is the same as editing the boot plist. which i have done and doesnt work. i would still like help on the grub 2 patch i keep hearing about

Could u plz post ur lspci output here?