[GUIDE]- Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R/ Core i7 920 / iAtkos v7

Tommywomble

20 posts in this topic

Hi, i struggled to find a good guide when i was trying to install OS X on to my new i7 rig recently i found a few good-ish guides, but they were poorly written and pretty vague in their details:fail

So i decided i will write one myself and include all of the files i used ;)

First of all here is my hardware:

picture2dzd.png

Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R (Semi Working)

Graphics Card- ATI Radeon HD 4890 1gb (Fully Working)

Wireless card- Netgear WG311T PCI Wireless Card (Fully Working)

Ram- 6GB DDR3 Dominator Ram

I have got eve

rything in that list working, (including all four cores + hyperthreading), wireless, and graphics with quartz extreme. The only thing i CANNOT get to work is the sound, so if any of you guys have more success than me then feel free to share :P

Anyway, lets get started!

Things you will need:

• iAtkos v7 10.5.7 DVD
  • The hardware listed above (if you want to follow the guide exactly that is :P)
  • The drivers that are attached to this post (To enable wireless and graphics)

First of all, burn the iAtkos .iso file on to a DVD at the slowest speed possible, i won't insult your intelligence by telling you exactly how to burn an .iso (for those that don't know, just google it:P you will find an answer in minutes)

After that is completed, go into the motherboards bios by pressing the Delete Key when the system is booting up, and go into the "integrated peripherals" menu then from there, change the "Sata RAID/ AHCI mode" to "AHCI"

After you have done that insert your burned DVD into your dvd drive and reboot, this time, press the F12 key while the pc is booting up, and choose CD ROM from the options.

Once the CD is booted up, press F8 to enter the startup options, in here type :

"cpus=1 busratio=20"

Without the "'s and then hit enter.

After a minute or two you should see a screen with a bar along the top, click on utilities -----> Disk utility and then choose the hard drive you want to install on to, i am using a separate physical HDD, so i click on that and erase it, as the "Mac OS Extended (journaled)" i haven't tried the other options but, i know this one works for sure :(

after the disk has formatted, click off the disk utility and select the drive from the options to install OS X on to it, and click continue. On the next screen there will be a "customize" option, click on that and select only the following things (they are in order in which they appear in the menus)

• iAtkos v7 main System
  • Chameleon V2
  • Extra Directory
  • DSDT
  • DSMOS
  • APIC driver
  • Disabler
  • OHR
  • Remove TyMCE
  • AHCI
  • Intel Sata/IDE
  • JMicron Sata/Ide
  • Post Install Actions

After all of those things are selected, choose install, and wait for around 20 minutes for it to finish installing.

After the install has succeeded, fill in all the information , and you should be looking at an OS X desktop!

First thing we will do is to get your graphics card working at the correct resolution and enable quartz extreme etc, first of all download the zip file attached to this post, and unzip it to your desktop (or where ever you want), and go to the folder called graphics.After you have done that, install the file called natit, then straight after install the exotic cards file.When both of these are installed, reboot, and change the resolution to whatever you need, the 4890 is now fully working :P

picture3zsa.png

Next thing we will fix is the wireless, to do this go into the wireless folder that is inside the zip that i provided, adn use kext helper to install the kext that is in the folder also, reboot and afterwards it will ask to find and connect to a wireless network :D

So there you have it an (almost) fully functioning i7 hackintosh, the rig i have running at the moment scored over 8000 on geekbecnh, which i am rather happy with, and is very fast.

Tghe only thing i cannot for the life of me figure out, is the onboard sound for the motherboard.A few other people i have seen seem to have got it working but i can't, none of the drivers i have found work :/

Thanks for reading, hope it helps

Here is the link for the drivers that i use in the tutorial:

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

I've got a Gigabyte UD4P and as sound I've got ALC889A. If You Have That Too That I Have The Solution For Your Sound Problem!

So Let Me Know :(

And Nice Tut Man, Helped Me OIut WIth THe Customize Selection :). Got A Full Working Macintosh With A Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P iX58 and A XFX GTX 275. but the install is the same

No, the onboard sound for this mobo is alc888 :rolleyes: which lots of ppl seem to have working but, not me :''(

First off, Tommy, THANK YOU SO MUCH!! If you were a woman, I'd marry you for giving me this guide. You truly rock dude!

Second off, have you been able to use the internet? I can't seem to configure the internet properly, nor the audio drivers, but the first is of more concern.

Thirdly, how would I go about downloading drivers for my GPU? I've got a GTX-280, which is working right now, but I need to get drivers for my resolution to go higher than 1024x768.

Fourthly, THANKS AGAIN!! This is awesome! You and I are the only two people I know with GA-EX58-UD3Rs running Mac OSX! Thanks so much!

Slight update:

I just re-installed it twice. The first reinstall was to try to get the built-in drivers on the DVD to install and use those, but unfortunately I was plagued with "Restart your computer" messages and forced to re-reinstall the OS. But much to my surprise, when the 'Welcome' video started after my third installation, I had sound! So, sound is fixed, hopefully forever, but I'm still trying to get GPU and Internet drivers to work for me.

Also, I've been having trouble with my Windows partition. Well, it's not really a partition, it's actually another drive. I'm now unable to boot the drive. I'm getting the "Please insert Windows disc" yada yada yada. So I'm a little bummed, but hopefully I'll fix it.

So tomorrow, I'm going to try find GPU and Internet drivers and get this OS fully working!

Hi, i struggled to find a good guide when i was trying to install OS X on to my new i7 rig recently i found a few good-ish guides, but they were poorly written and pretty vague in their details:fail

So i decided i will write one myself and include all of the files i used ;)

Hi! Thanks for the easy and quick quide, I've just used to and now have 10.5.7 running on my EX58-UD4P, thank you!

I have a couple of problems though - if you experienced these issues could you tell me what I need to do please?

1. I need to enter CPUS=1 every time the system starts or it will just constantly reboot when it loads the grey apple acreen.

2. How do install my Nvidia (9400GT) graphics card? I've read a few different posts and installed various kexts so far but every time I try something the system crashes on startup and I have to start again...

I hope someone can help with this or post a useful link!

Thanks again for posting your guide!

Thanks for the tutorial, my system is some how like yours, I have a nvidia geoforce 9500, I just made the changes in bios and startup boot menu, but as soon as I see the gray page of mac the PC restarts automatically.

Any Idea why this happens? :(

• 4 weeks later...

hey,

I bought myself a brandnew computer and I would like to install mac osx on my computer.

Here's my setup:

Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R X58

Intel Core i7 920 4x2 . 67GHz BOX

6144MB OCZ PC3-12800 CL8 Triple Kit Value

Zotac GTX260-2 Core 216 55nm 896MB 2xDVI

Hitachi 1000GB HDT

600W Coba Nitrox

I would like to know if I can install mac osx the same way as you did it on your guide.

Or did I bought a non-compatibly hardware? :)

Regards screm_deluxe

(sorry for my bad english)

• 2 months later...

Hello All,

I am just new to the scene. I just purchased a Gigabyte EX58-UD5 board with the hopes to natively run Mac OS and Windows 7 on it, using the Chameleon 2 boot loader. I have been trying to follow digital_dreamers post, but it seems to no avail. I have been using iAtkos to put the Chameleon 2 boot loader on, but once I have iAtkos on, I get lost. Am I supposed to run the patcher script in iAtkos or Chameleon? How would I run the patcher in chameleon? And if there is not a password assignend how do you go any further?

Thanks very much, and sorry if this sounds all childish, but it is confusing for a first timer.

-al

CPU: Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.66ghz

Mobo: Gigabyte EX58-UD5

RAM: 6x2GB OCZ

HDD: 2x 700GB Western Digital

GPU: ATI HD4870 1GB Saphire

• 3 weeks later...

Did you get your audio to work?

I just put together a Hackintosh with ex58-ud3r board. I went through a different method to get it working, though you might try to use the kext that i used to get the audio going.

What i did was I used the audio kext from the current hackintosh that im using, which also uses ACL888.

it got my audio working, and hope it will for you as well.

alc888_audio_kext.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Hey thanks so much for the guide!

My problem is early on unfortunately. When I get to the boot screen from the CD and it says hit F8 to go to startup options, hitting F8 does nothing. So it just counts down and then says that it can't load the CD.

Any ideas?

• 3 months later...