• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,102 posts
@BJMoose:
That was quick service to get your new mobo.. !
and good to hear you have got it back up and running. :thumbsup_anim:

I am running both NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and RealtekR1000.kext from /E/E and network & bonjour works.

@Don Quijote
I haven't edited any info.plists to get it working.

I stick by what i did here and here

I haven't touched my retail install in any way, /S/L/E is as Apple intended.

Hope this helps :)

Jazo

Jazo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
I have motherboard GA-EP45-DS3R with 2xRelatek 8111C lan. I have network with dsdt patch, lan works but i don't have bonjour. I copied RealtekR1000.kext to /E/E and rebuild kextcache with kext utylity but i do not see any difference. Lan work but bonjour not..

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,102 posts

I have motherboard GA-EP45-DS3R with 2xRelatek 8111C lan. I have network with dsdt patch, lan works but i don't have bonjour. I copied RealtekR1000.kext to /E/E and rebuild kextcache with kext utylity but i do not see any difference. Lan work but bonjour not..

You definitely used the RealtekR1000.kext from this post? And you are booting the 32-bit kernel? and you have permission correctly set?

Jazo

Jazo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
[quote]You definitely used the RealtekR1000.kext from this post? And you are booting the 32-bit kernel? and you have permission correctly set?/quote]

Yes, kext is from this post but i have 64bit kernel. Permission correctly set.

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,102 posts
I have only got it working using the 32-bit kernel. It won't work with 64-bit.

Markus23

Markus23

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Anyone tried those realtively new original Realtek drivers from their homepage ?

Realtek 8111 Drivers

The date mentioned is 2009/8/11 !

But be careful the RTGNICv2.0.3.pkg overwrites the AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext in IONetworkingFamily.kext / Plugins without further asking ! So it might be good to have a backup of those kext handy. ;-)

Haven't tried the kext myself, therefore I don't know if this kext already supports 64bits, or supports Bonjour.

Bye,

Markus

paulicat

paulicat

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
I'm gonna give it a try now.

Farx

Farx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Anyone tried those realtively new original Realtek drivers from their homepage ?

Realtek 8111 Drivers

The date mentioned is 2009/8/11 !

But be careful the RTGNICv2.0.3.pkg overwrites the AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext in IONetworkingFamily.kext / Plugins without further asking ! So it might be good to have a backup of those kext handy. ;-)

Haven't tried the kext myself, therefore I don't know if this kext already supports 64bits, or supports Bonjour.

Bye,

Markus

Only 32 bit.

thorias

thorias

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
if you are using 64bit kernel and want timemachine working (thanks to Mike from efixusers forum!):

- use genuine appleR8169.kext
- go and have a look here: http://www.stanford.edu/~dub/macstuff/ you'll figure out why time machine is not working with realtek RT8111x...
- download ifconfig from the website, extract the archive somewher and launch it in terminal: ./ifconfig en0 promisc as per the readme, then type ifconfig you'll see in youer en0 string PROMISC appeared and your time capsule as well in your time machine/airport utility!!! ;)
- if you want it to load automatically, what I did I used lingo to create a launchd com
.plist (use system com. in the list) and copied ifconfig in /system/library/startupitems

After a lot of pain with extensions, caches clearing, KP everywhere I figured out that vmware is not working in 64bit mode.... :)

scorcho

scorcho

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
I'll second using ifconfig as well, since it's painless and you don't have to hassle with making sure your .mkext file incorporates both locations every time.

I'm doing it a bit different however. instead of making a plist I turned it into a launchable Applescript that can go into your startupitems -
do shell script "sudo /Applications/Utilities/ifconfig en0 promisc" password "XXXXX" with administrator privileges
with XXXXX being your admin password. while i put ifconfig in Applications/Utilities, feel free to move it wherever you want so long as you change it in the script.

sk1nhead

sk1nhead

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
@ thorias - thanks for sharing, it works in 64bit but i feel this method is a bit dirty, im using it now but still waiting for a better solution.

@ scorcho - tried your script, works too but i kept the file in downloads :( thanks.

Vampirexx

Vampirexx

Cyborg Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Interests:Aikido, Ninpo/Ninjutsu, Rock n roll, Mac OS X
Please can you post a working 8169 kext for 64 bit?

colorfuel

colorfuel

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Great. Bonjour now works on my 32-bit system too.

Thanks for your screengrab, I realised I wasn't using an Extensions.mkext.
So I built one with the following Terminal command (Note: I have Chameleon installed on a separate Volume named Cham)

kextcache -v 1 -t -m /Volumes/Cham/Extra/Extensions.mkext /Volumes/Cham/Extra/Extensions /Volumes/SnowLeopard/System/Library/Extensions

which gave me a 30.2MB Extensions.mkext in /Extra

I now have iTunes library sharing and it sees my iPhone.
So thanks sk1nhd33t ;)

This doesnt work on my system, it doesnt seem to include the kext on the Chameleon partition. It gives this error for all of those kext files.

OpenHaltRestart.kext is not authentic; omitting from mkext.
Authentication Failures:
File owner/permissions are incorrect (must be root:wheel, nonwritable by group/other):

I tried repairing the permissions for the Chameleon partition but Kext Utility gives me this error:

Search "/Extra/Extensions/" folder ... Not Found.

How do I go about repairing permissions for the Chameleon partition?

Don Quijote

Don Quijote

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

This doesnt work on my system, it doesnt seem to include the kext on the Chameleon partition. It gives this error for all of those kext files.

I tried repairing the permissions for the Chameleon partition but Kext Utility gives me this error:

Search "/Extra/Extensions/" folder ... Not Found.

How do I go about repairing permissions for the Chameleon partition?

Launch Terminal and execute inside
sudo chown -R 0:0 /Extra/
sudo chmod -R 755 /Extra/
Then rebuild your Extensions.mkext to include both /S/L/E and /E/E, as described earlier

colorfuel

colorfuel

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Launch Terminal and execute inside

sudo chown -R 0:0 /Extra/
sudo chmod -R 755 /Extra/
Then rebuild your Extensions.mkext to include both /S/L/E and /E/E, as described earlier

Thanks I tried that doing :

sudo chown -R 0:0 /Volumes/Cham/Extra/
sudo chmod -R 755 /Volumes/Cham/Extra/

after that rebuilding mkext still didnt work giving the exact same error.

I tried using the Mkext Tool including all the kext from /E/E and /S/L/E which gave me an mkext that I put in Extra

but Realtek1000.kext doesnt seem to be loaded when looking at kextstat..

Jazo

Jazo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Any info about Realtek1000.kext on 64bit kernel ?

scorcho

scorcho

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
if you can use the native appleR8169.kext for internet access, just use ifconfig to activate bonjour each boot. i find this a much better solution than a third-party .kext.

Jazo

Jazo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Snow Leopard have ifconfig command, i must download second ifconfig ? Promisc mode is secure for system ?

jinnggoff

jinnggoff

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
Try this kext, I found this kext from stellarola blog
Thanks to Stellarola :P
Attached File  64bitRealtekR1000.kext.zip   55.19KB   288 downloads

scorcho

scorcho

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
yep, you have to download the above linked ifconfig and put it anywhere on your disc. then use it to turn on promiscuity.

promiscuity is required by bonjour, and the old realtekr1000.kext has it on by default, which is why bonjour works. ifconfig will accomplish the same for the original driver and works for both x32 and x64

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy