Try to install SL on a GA-P35-DS3

derpuma

166 posts in this topic

Woorking on my EP35-DS3 i both modes 32 an 64bit... plain installaion =)

Sleep is now working after selecting 'Start up automatically after a power failure' on Energy Saver preference panel. ( Same as 10.5.8)

Cheers

:)

Hi .

I'm using Edimax Wifi usb stick and it works OK on ep35 ds3r. I'm using drivers from ralink site

http://www.ralinktech.com/ralink/Home/Support/Macintosh.html

with mod, found on insanelymac

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversi...hp/t168984.html

And everything is O.K. only sometimes I must reconnect usb stick to work.

I've read somewhere on this forum about similar problem on leopard but I have no time till the weekend.

Use Kextenabler and install ALCInject.kext + HDAEnabler.kext, reboot and u have sound!

Hey there,

I have a

GA-P35-DS3L BIOS F6.

My Snow Leopard is running 100%. The main problem I have right now is that sound doesn't work. I tried installing ALCInject.kext + HDAEnabler.kext using Kext Utility but it did not work.

I would like to be able to install the sound drivers without having to reinstall. Is this possible?

I used the Life Hacker Guide (http://lifehacker.com/5351485/how-to-build-a-hackintosh-with-snow-leopard-start-to-finish?skyline=true&s=i), and it works 100% for me.

The one thing missing is sound. I tried doing the DSDT.aml way but I don't know exactly how to do it, and it seems it will only work if I reinstall (right?).

Anyone else with the same mother board and sound working please give me some insights.

Thanks.

Success is sweet! :thumbsup_anim:

GA-P35C-DS3R

I have finally got a fully up and running 100% Vanilla (untouched) install. I can boot in both 32bit & 64bit.

I followed Blackosx guide found here Guide using the BootCD method & Chameleon RC3!

I used blackosx bootcd found here BootCD ... So simple, just pop it in, boot it up and then swap out your Snow Leopard retail dvd at the prompt. This method installs a Perfect "100% Vanilla" system.

Blackosx provdies all the necessary green labeled kext found here Support Files

I had to also add JMicronATA.kext to Chameleon/Extra/Extensions. If you have an IDE DVD drive you will need it to access it.

These files are not now available to download. Could you please post your copies?? Thanks!

Am I the only person who gets this grey screen of death when I boot the USB stick? I get the grey screen of death, the whole grey screen of death, and nothing but the grey screen of death.

This is a GA-EP35-DS3P with F6 BIOS. Anyone else get this working? Based on the handy guide here http://redirectingat.com/?id=292X457&u...e%2F%3Fp%3D2512 I am constructing my dsdt.aml using gigabit ether at PEX 5, graphics at PCI 0 (tried 7300GT and 9600GT, with and without PEGP though my tree doesn't say PEGP). Audio I choose ALC889a. When I boot the USB stick to try to install SL, it crunches along for a minute, then I get an all gray screen with a mouse arrow, and it hangs there. The arrow eventually changes to a spinning rainbow circle. I tried -v on boot, nothing obvious in the messages, then it goes to the gray screen and stays there.

Can anyone help? I have been beating on this with no change from the grey screen. I do trash my Extensions.mkext. The verbose boot last thing it says is something about the MAC address. All I can guess is the graphics card. Maybe I should just buy a different graphics card and a different motherboard. The GA-EP35-DS3P is a little odd in that it is the only Gigabyte board with ICH9R and Gigabit LAN. I suppose its closest cousin is the GA-EP35-DS3R. Anyway I am really out of ideas on this.

I'm on the boat as you, have tried it all as well, no luck so far. Here is a video of the grey screen of death the usb stalls at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crDUxhHoW_Y

To luh3417

I used the tseug method for installing on my EP-35 DS3P... it went smoothly and reliably to the word....

Only one trouble - restart crashes system ("you must turn off your...")

I would guess this has something to do with OpenHaltRestart.kext - of which I have a modified one that everyone seems to be using in /Extra - however I dont know where to start looking for how to fix this. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi to all gigabyte users, especially to the one with EP35-DS3 mobo!

I still have some trouble with getting sleep and resume again correctly working on SL:

If the system goes to sleep (manually or via energy saver), I cannot wake up the machine again.

I have set up my system with Boot123-CD with the help of this thread

BIOS: F4 - AHCI (S3-state) activated

Chameleon-Bootloader on seperate partition with GA_P35_DS4_Snow_Pack.zip installed.

Everything elese is working (Graphics, sound, ...) fine on SL!

I would appreciate every hint of you.

tommac

P.S.: my backuped 10.5.6 Leo distro on external USB-drive (iPC) also does not resume after pressing power button again, although sleeping did work formerly. Now with Chameleon booting up the external USB-drive, wake up after sleep does not work anymore.

O.K. now it works

With the installation of these files sleep and resume works (at the moment BIOS F2, F4 not testet yet, but should work also)

Hi to all gigabyte users, especially to the one with EP35-DS3 mobo!

I still have some trouble with getting sleep and resume again correctly working on SL:

If the system goes to sleep (manually or via energy saver), I cannot wake up the machine again.

I have set up my system with Boot123-CD with the help of this thread

BIOS: F4 - AHCI (S3-state) activated

Chameleon-Bootloader on seperate partition with GA_P35_DS4_Snow_Pack.zip installed.

Everything elese is working (Graphics, sound, ...) fine on SL!

I would appreciate every hint of you.

tommac

P.S.: my backuped 10.5.6 Leo distro on external USB-drive (iPC) also does not resume after pressing power button again, although sleeping did work formerly. Now with Chameleon booting up the external USB-drive, wake up after sleep does not work anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

I eventually got my EP35-DS3P working using a modified/simplifed version of the Digital Dreamer script http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=185097

Read through most of that thread, at one point me and others talk about how to modify that Digital Dreamer technique for other motherboards.

I still don't have sound, though I haven't tried very hard to fix it yet.

Specifically, move some of the files in his script out into the 'repository' folders so they don't get installed. Right now I am using ONLY these kexts:

1) AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext		  2.5.1	 x86_64	 280K	   /Extra
2) IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext 1.1.1		N/A	   4K	   /Extra

Audio
  (No files present to install)

Graphics

Networking

Misc Patches
3) Disabler.kext				   1.0.1	 x86_64	  68K	   /Extra
4) dsmos.kext					  1.0.0d1   x86_64	  76K	   /Extra
5) NullCPUPowerManagement.kext	 1.0.0d2   x86_64	 116K	   /Extra
6) OpenHaltRestart.kext			1.0.3	 x86_64	 100K	   /Extra
7) PlatformUUID.kext			   1.0.0	 x86_64	 104K	   /Extra
8) Sleepenabler.kext			   1.0.0	 x86_64	 132K	   /Extra

Hope that is helpful. I'm buried at work so I probably can't reply to any questions for a while.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...