Try to install SL on a GA-P35-DS3

derpuma

166 posts in this topic

Hey guys, today i tried to run an install of SL GoldenMaster on my Gigabyte P35-DS3.

Unfortunatly no success.

Tried to use that way here... Everything works fine execpt Kernel Panic afer boot into SL from EFI...

If anyone likes to try and share his experiences or success, pls let me know.

Will habe more time by tomorrow.

BR, derpuma

I have a thread for a 10.6 install for the GA-EP45-DS3L, it's not exactly the same but it might help.

Have you tried trashing the /System/Library/Cache ?

or failing that, rebuild the Extensions.mkext from Terminal.

Hey thx, great hint. Will give them a try by tomorrow!

Thanks so far...

Have to go to bed now :censored2:

I have a GA-EP35-DS3L running vanilla 10.5.8 but can't get it to boot Snow Leopard. As soon as the apple logo appears I get an immediate kernel panic, with the only thing being visible is "Mac OS X Version Not Yet Set".

Anyone know how to resolve this?

Thanks!

I have a GA-EP35-DS3L running vanilla 10.5.8 but can't get it to boot Snow Leopard. As soon as the apple logo appears I get an immediate kernel panic, with the only thing being visible is "Mac OS X Version Not Yet Set".

Anyone know how to resolve this?

Thanks!

Thats exact the same prob i had with my installation, right now i try the step by step guide from blackosx and will report if this works!

UPDATE:

I did a few steps forward...

@backosx

ur guide is good, very good but i think i have to make some changes for my GA-EP-35

With your guide i am able to boot into WELCOME Screen, did all the settings but will have a Kernel Panic after loading the Desktop...

I can only boot so far with -x32 -v option in Cham!

Not sure what to do to get that fixed.

It could be a wrong DSDT.aml - could not Patch it - the only thing i did was the Edit with iaslME from Value 4 to 2.

I do not have any kexts set for Ethernet, Video and Audio. Also i have no EFI String code in my com.apple.boot.plist for these three. Not sure how to get one for the Nvidia 512MB 9600GT I use.

Try to add Netcas dsmos.kext to Cham /Extra Folder but no chnages in boting up.

You did not inclueded this kext, mayby not important for EP-45?

So far.. Any Ideas to get forward?

BR

Well done for getting to the Welcome screen and the desktop.

I wouldn't worry about your video etc. for the moment.. let's just get your system running.

I used to have Netkas' dsmos.kext in the /Extra/Extensions folder but his FakeSMC replaces it.

Try following this

Okay, I tried ans thats what i did

green OK

red - failed.

• Boot in to my 10.5.6 system

• Open DiskUtility and erase my third Data Partition partition with a new name BackupSL. (First PArt Cham - Second SL)

• Check permissions box in get info window for BackupSL partition.

• Mount 10A432 disc image.

• From Terminal, do the open osinstall command and start installer and install to BackupSL partition.

• When completed, reboot, using F12 to select correct HD. From Chameleon, select BackupSL partition and boot.

• Watch introduction video, enter questions etc...

• Start to use system and KP!

• So hit reset switch on case, reboot back in to Chameleon and select BackupSL partition but this time with Verbose option. Here i am not able to get the system running - right after booting into dektop I get the KP so rest cannot be tested!

• Once booted, open Terminal and type grep UTF-8 /var/log/system.log to see 15 FIXME errors with the wrong time (from first boot) and 16 errors now with the correct time from this boot.

• Next type in Terminal

sudo chown -R 0:0 /Volumes/BackupSL/System/Library/Extensions

sudo kextcache -v -l -t -m /Volumes/BackupSL/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /Volumes/BackupSL/System/Library/Extensions/

Note: The purple statement should all be in on line with a space when the line breaks occur here

• Then reboot

• Once booted, open Terminal and type grep UTF-8 /var/log/system.log again to see no new errors and system seems stable. I am typing this from it.

Any other solution for me to try?

Edit with iaslME from Value 4 to 2.

Could you upload that program? The only links I can find in Google require registration at a Russian forum to download it.

I do not have any kexts set for Ethernet, Video and Audio. Also i have no EFI String code in my com.apple.boot.plist for these three. Not sure how to get one for the Nvidia 512MB 9600GT I use.

So far.. Any Ideas to get forward?

BR

Search for the EFIStudio it can make you a combined string for all three that you can use.

Could you upload that program? The only links I can find in Google require registration at a Russian forum to download it.

I have it on my DSDT thread. Here's a direct download link.

Here i am not able to get the system running - right after booting into dektop I get the KP so rest cannot be tested!

Keep an eye on my 10.6 thread.

What you need to do now, is boot the SnowLeopard partition from Chameleon in Single User mode, then enter the commands from there (But refer to SnowLeopard instead of BackupSL).

Search for the EFIStudio it can make you a combined string for all three that you can use.

Hey MacUser2525,

You can find the Tool in blackosx Post!

Direkt Link: iaslMe - A compiler/decompiler for DSDT.aml Hope that helps!

Thx for this to blackosx!!!

I have a 9600GT with 512MB and never got that Graphic Card Working with EFI Studio Strings.

So the Model is not listet in EFI Stuidos common Graphic Cards, i had to make a custom String wich i could not end up with success.

But this is not my major Problem. I would like to get rid of KP in SL after Welcome Screnn and Bootup to Desktop!

BR

I have it on my DSDT thread. Here's a direct download link.

Keep an eye on my 10.6 thread.

What you need to do now, is boot the SnowLeopard partition from Chameleon in Single User mode, then enter the commands from there (But refer to SnowLeopard instead of BackupSL).

Okay, i will switch to your thread and post there if i have probs or questions! Great to have you here with your help!

derpuma - boot in safe mode and 32bit (-x -x32 -v) then create extensions.mkexts in extra and extensions. Then run kext utility, repair permissions and reboot.

Aschar was kind enough to make a dsdt with support for sound on our boards if you want me to send you my copy...

derpuma - boot in safe mode and 32bit (-x -x32 -v) then create extensions.mkexts in extra and extensions. Then run kext utility, repair permissions and reboot.

Aschar was kind enough to make a dsdt with support for sound on our boards if you want me to send you my copy...

Hi Embio,

would be great if you could send me the dsdt.aml for Gigabyte EP-35-DS3 with Soundpatch!

Thanx anyway!

Mail: derpuma@gmx.net

BR

Hi Embio,

would be great if you could send me the dsdt.aml for Gigabyte EP-35-DS3 with Soundpatch!

Thanx anyway!

Mail: derpuma@gmx.net

BR

Would you guys mind to post the fixed dsdt.aml with sound (ALC889a) and CMOS (4 to 2) here?!

As I've done for Leopard, I am prepping a preboot CD for Snow Leopard for the EP35-DS3, now based on Chameleon's cdboot.

@DerPuma: sadly it seems almost none of the old preboot kexts for Leopard can be reused in a preboot environment for Snow Leopard.

thx in advance, x!

p.s. kudos to blackosx: your guide for the ep45 is standing! keep up the good work!

Would you guys mind to post the fixed dsdt.aml with sound (ALC889a) and CMOS (4 to 2) here?!

As I've done for Leopard, I am prepping a preboot CD for Snow Leopard for the EP35-DS3, now based on Chameleon's cdboot.

@DerPuma: sadly it seems almost none of the old preboot kexts for Leopard can be reused in a preboot environment for Snow Leopard.

thx in advance, x!

p.s. kudos to blackosx: your guide for the ep45 is standing! keep up the good work!

Hi Ximekon, if i am right, i think the ALC888 is the right one for the GA-EP35-DS3 and the ALC889a is for the GA-EP45-DS3....

I would like to get the DSDT.aml for both boards with patched sounds because I have both of these :(

BR,

derpuma

Hi Ximekon, if i am right, i think the ALC888 is the right one for the GA-EP35-DS3 and the ALC889a is for the GA-EP45-DS3....

I would like to get the DSDT.aml for both boards with patched sounds because I have both of these :)

BR,

derpuma

I replied to your PM before I seen this post I am sending my P45 .aml to you it has the AZAL section in it for sound but I am not sure if it works as I never used the on-board sound it was either my Audigy or FireWave that I have used for the sound in OS X.

I replied to your PM before I seen this post I am sending my P45 .aml to you it has the AZAL section in it for sound but I am not sure if it works as I never used the on-board sound it was either my Audigy or FireWave that I have used for the sound in OS X.

Okay, anyway... thx for tryin to help! I am pretty sure i will find a way to get sound. Lets see how an when... :thumbsup_anim:

I would like to get the DSDT.aml for both boards with patched sounds because I have both of these :rolleyes:

BR,

derpuma

I dont know which codec the EP45-DS3 incorporates, but the EP35-DS3 has ALC889a (see my boot132 disk for Leopard here). Little hint: if you land on Sonotone's overview page, you're InsanelyMac Forum settings are set to default. This isnot very helpful. On every threat, there is an OPTIONS button on the upper right side, below the ADD REPLY and NEW TOPIC button. Change the Options from OUTLINE to STANDARD. I dont know why this isnot the default setting, anyway...)

Means: we need a dsdt.aml for an ALC889a with the CMOS patch for the EP35-DS3. I was also doing some research back in the days of 10.5.6 with dsdt.aml, but I found when also adding the network, I could not initialize my airport compatible WiFi. So I would suggest to only add ALC and CMOS for our first steps.

I would really love to create such a boot disk together with you.

Kudos ;-)))

I have a GA-EP35-DS3L using version 6 of the bios.

Here is my DSDT.aml patched with the CMOS fix, audio patched (all you need is a LegacyHDA.kext in /Extra/Extensions) for HDEF, network patched.

But it also includes my GTX260, so you'll have to decompile the dsdt.aml and take that bit out.

Please note, this works fine in leopard, but I have not tested this in SL, but maybe it will help.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=02ddb6d...04e75f6e8ebb871

@elitee

that sounds great, decomplied the dsdt to *.dsl and try to get rid of the Grafix Code...

Do you know where that can be found, I will google for it.

@ximekon

If i have a working dsdt.aml with sound i would like to make a bootable USB Stick with sound working settings to boot and install from. I will let you know if i can deal with elitee's dsdt.aml...

@elitee

that sounds great, decomplied the dsdt to *.dsl and try to get rid of the Grafix Code...

Do you know where that can be found, I will google for it.

There's an app called iaslme for mac that lets you decompile it to dsl, then you find the relevant device part for NVidia GTX 260 and remove it.