Snow Leopard Upgrade

aduffbrew

3 posts in this topic

I know this is probably too early to ask, but any definitive answer on how this will actually work? We won't really be required to have Leopard already installed will we? There WILL be a way to "nuke and pave," right?

I've heard talk that some aren't treating this as a whole new OS and contrary to their usual practice, they will actually be using the upgrade option for the first time ever. I've got my first MacBook running Leopard that is in need of a lobotomy... years of collected garbage from software I never ever use anymore to terminal hacking experiments long forgotten. I thought this might be as good a time as any to start fresh but I don't need the box set.

I know this is probably too early to ask, but any definitive answer on how this will actually work? We won't really be required to have Leopard already installed will we? There WILL be a way to "nuke and pave," right?

I've heard talk that some aren't treating this as a whole new OS and contrary to their usual practice, they will actually be using the upgrade option for the first time ever. I've got my first MacBook running Leopard that is in need of a lobotomy... years of collected garbage from software I never ever use anymore to terminal hacking experiments long forgotten. I thought this might be as good a time as any to start fresh but I don't need the box set.

Well, the very minimum, you could install a previous version of SL fresh, on a fresh zereod hard drive, then install the retail upgrade over that. (unless they block it, but I doubt they will, as MS did not make SL.)

Well, the very minimum, you could install a previous version of SL fresh, on a fresh zereod hard drive, then install the retail upgrade over that. (unless they block it, but I doubt they will, as MS did not make SL.)

Previous version of SL?

*laugh*

I haven't done anything like that since the first deadmoo version of OSx86 Tiger.

I do hear SL is coming out sooner rather than later. I was hoping maybe someone here might have the inside scoop on the Upgrade process.