• Please log in to reply
3675 replies to this topic

D-an-W

D-an-W

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
I LOVE the gestures, make my Magic Mouse and Trackpad come alive!

For £20.99 it's a steal, do it!

EnzoFX

EnzoFX

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

I LOVE the gestures, make my Magic Mouse and Trackpad come alive!

For £20.99 it's a steal, do it!

I meant in terms of the osx86 installation/possible issues,etc. not in terms of the OS' merits/features.

itorra

itorra

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
blackosx -

As the Lion officially out, any chance for new thread with all info you have about Lion on DS3L?
For either those who want upgrade straight from their 10.6.8 installation or for those who wants fresh install..

Thanks for everything you do for us, it's highly appreciated.

nate5532

nate5532

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
I dunno if I can wait, I may take the plunge and purchase it from the app store, see if it installs on my backup. i wonder if I install it on my backup if I could then re-download it on my real osx partition free of charge, or if its a once and done.

Blackosx, I've followed your guides and my install went very smoothy, running 10.6.8 without a hitch. THANK YOU for your efforts, it allows us n00bs to participate. Love my hackintosh!

Nghia Developer

Nghia Developer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

So looking to upgrade my install to Lion. Question is, can I upgrade? I really don't want to start from scratch.

Mate, I am sure BlackOSX is now busy to create a new guide for Lion...
Be patient

critic81

critic81

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Mate, I am sure BlackOSX is now busy to create a new guide for Lion...
Be patient

I hope so! I might also take the plunge and just update. Maybe if i have more time incase i run into any issues.

EnzoFX

EnzoFX

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
From what I can gather, aside from some tricky nature of finding the embedded dmg to setup an installer, the rest is as straightforward as installing SL? I'll have to give it a shot with Black's latest files =).

Does anyone know if the latest, included version of Cham here 1156? Include the ATI graphics cards compatibility added by Kabyl? http://www.insanelym...howtopic=231768
Or do I need to wait for that to be updated as well... Hopefully not!

D-an-W

D-an-W

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
Assuming you are installing to an additional partition it's pretty easy to setup especially as you already have a Chameleon partition that can be used. Once you have copied the files to USB and done the required mods you just need a mach_kernel copying into the root of the prepared USB stick, MaLd0n posted a link to a program that does this for you, just delete the /Extra folder it creates as it's not needed with black's method.

For testing, I just resized my Snow Leopard partition and created a blank Lion one. Upon rebooting with the prepared USB stick installed choose it in Chameleon and away you go.

EnzoFX

EnzoFX

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Yeah that was my impression, though I'm having trouble booting the stick. I believe this may be due to the fact that I'm using an ATI card that needs adding a deviceID to the right kext. So this leads me to believe that Kabyls ATI functionality has not been added this version of Chameleon? Don't know =P.

First time it was halting at waiting for dsmos, I swapped out fakesmc for the one in these support files and now it just halts at a line that doesn't stand out to me, no kp or anything like that. I might give it a go with swapping graphics cards to a more supported nvidia one.

Edit: Success booting the installer! I suspected it was this ATI card (really want to upgrade to something more compatible!). With the 10.6.7 update there was some solid ATI support from OS X, this was carried over AFAIK to Lion. It allows a lot of cards to work without any injection (pretty sweet). Remembering this, I simply set graphics_enabler=No, and it booted up fine. I am of course booting in safe mode as well.

D-an-W

D-an-W

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
Chameleon-2.0-RC5-r1203-bin.zip is compiled if you run black's script, do you need that to update?

hetman

hetman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
when i try to buy it i get:
This version of Mac OS X 10.7 cannot be installed on this computer.

Anyone else?

EnzoFX

EnzoFX

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

when i try to buy it i get:
This version of Mac OS X 10.7 cannot be installed on this computer.

Anyone else?

Are you on 10.6.8? I believe it's required to download/buy.

hetman

hetman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Are you on 10.6.8? I believe it's required to download/buy.

yes. wonder whats failing the validation here

rbonon

rbonon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Got this bluetooth dongle http://amzn.to/oAWNol.

I thought I could simply hook it up, do a reboot and get ir reconized by may Hackintosh. I did not go like that. Do I need specific kexts, DSDT configs to enable bluetooth?

I currently am running 10.6.7, following blackos install instructions.

Tks!

nate5532

nate5532

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
I installed Lion without a hitch, and is working great after patching the audio kext w/ kext helper. I used blackosx guide to install retail 10.6.3, upgraded to 10.6.8 via updates, and then followed this guide to install Lion

http://tonymacx86.bl...x-107-lion.html

I already had an existing osx install, so I didn;t have to mess with #####.

I used the audio kext provided in the support files, same one that worked with 10.6.8. The install went without any hiccups or problems, booted first time and it's great.

Im using an ep35-ds3l, q6600, 8800gt.

Hope this can help someone.

hetman

hetman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
nice work nate. would u be able to post your smbios.plist for me? im wondering if maybe i have something off in there, hence why i cant download and install lion.

nate5532

nate5532

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

nice work nate. would u be able to post your smbios.plist for me? im wondering if maybe i have something off in there, hence why i cant download and install lion.

Here ya go, as requested. I don't think I edited this one much. I did have to add some stuff to my org.chameleon.Boot.plist to get 10.6.8 working, let me know if that would be helpful.. Good luck!

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com...yList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMbiosvendor</key>
<string>Apple Inc.</string>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MP31.88Z.00C1.B00.080209154</string>
<key>SMmanufacturer</key>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>MacPro3,1</string>
<key>SMsystemversion</key>
<string>1.0</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>INSERTYOURSHERE</string>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>MacPro</string>
<key>SMboardmanufacturer</key>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-F42C88C8</string>
</dict>
</plist>

eobiont

eobiont

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Could anyone help me with figuring out what I have done? I upgraded one of my 10.6.7s to 10.6.8 and lost audio.

I am having trouble remembering how I had audio implemented. I have an EP45-DS3L and am just using my rear line out.

I am running Cham 2.5 RC5 r731 on its own partition. I only have 3 extensions in Extras, FakeSMC, IONetworkingFamily, and OrangeIconFIX.

Here is my boot.plist. and then I have a bunch of Binary under device-properties at the end.
I think I implemented audio by editing the DSDT, adding that stuff at the end if boot.plist and modifying AppleHDA. Does that sound right? After updating, I've lost audio, and I am trying to figure out either a new way to enable audio that will work with 10.6.8 & 10.7 or how to edit what I already have in place to get it to work again. Can I just re-edit AppleHDA? since that maybe is the only file that has changed? I don't think I am using any LegacyHDA or any extra Kexts for audio right now. If I use the supplied Kext in this forum now for audio, do I need to undo something in my DSDT and boot plist for that kext to work or do I just drop it in there?

<dict>
<key>Default Partition</key>
<string>hd(0,3)</string>
<key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1440x900x32</string>
<key>Instant Menu</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=i386</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>3</string>
<key>arch</key>
<string>i386</string>
<key>device-properties</key>
<string>a902000001000000020000005e0200000d00000002010c00d041030a010000000101060000010101060000007fff04001e00000072006f006d002d007200650076006900730069006f006e0000002d0000006e5669646961204765466f72636520393430304754204f70656e474c20456e67696e65205b454..... etc

D-an-W

D-an-W

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
10.6.8 and up uses a different method for audio, go back a few pages on this thread to read how blackosx does it...

lensboard

lensboard

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 184 posts
Hi BlackOSX, looks like you have added a mobo and new system, is there a guide that you have, and is this what you are going to move forward with in the future? If not are you sticking with the same mobo?

Thanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy