• Please log in to reply
3675 replies to this topic

121fred

121fred

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Echo ronpaul above. My dilemma is that my Hackintosh works so damn well I can't justify upgrading or building another one!!

Actualsizeaudio

Actualsizeaudio

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 7 posts
I used this guide with great success to move over from an EFI-X based machine. Thank you so much.

I have followed with great detail all of the instructions about how to get sound to work, and it still doesn't even show up in system profiler. This wouldn't be a huge issue, but my USB powered sound card does NOT work anymore. It seems that the USB voltage is low.

any ideas on how to fix these 2 issues?

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,170 posts
Hi Actualsizeaudio

As you're using the same mobo as me, then your audio should work just fine as long as you're using the DSDT from the support files and you are using the right patched Apple HDA for the version of 10.6 your running, provided of course you're running 10.6.3 or newer.

I see you're running BIOS F8 compared to me with F11. I'm not sure if that'll make a difference or not, with regard to the DSDT?

As for the USB audio. Check in System Profiler/USB for the current available and the current required for it. See if they tally up.. For example, see the screenshot below where I have highlighted one of my USB flash drives which draws 200 (mA) from the available 500 (mA).
Attached File  System_Profiler_USB.png   106.59KB   28 downloads

Actualsizeaudio

Actualsizeaudio

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 7 posts
I've patched my DSDT a bunch of times, and at this point I'm not completely sure it is the same one as yours. so, I tried your DSDT and in fact I had a kernel panic justa after chameleon.

I'm not getting audio in the system preferences, but I am seeing the audio in my system profilier, which seems strange.

As for the USB audio device, the available current listed is 500, and the required current is 480, so it should work. However, the control panel for the device does not see it, and the led on the unit does not light up. It does work when connected to my 10.6.6 powerbook.

I'll install bios F11 and try your DSDT when I get a chance. I'm in the middle of a few jobs right now, so I dare not try it until they get out the door.

Thanks!

joe2108

joe2108

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
My Input Mic has Led.. but sound doesn't come out....

can you help me?

- i need it for my guitar...

* my board EP45UD3L

bigpoppa206

bigpoppa206

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

I've patched my DSDT a bunch of times, and at this point I'm not completely sure it is the same one as yours. so, I tried your DSDT and in fact I had a kernel panic justa after chameleon.

I'm not getting audio in the system preferences, but I am seeing the audio in my system profilier, which seems strange.

As for the USB audio device, the available current listed is 500, and the required current is 480, so it should work. However, the control panel for the device does not see it, and the led on the unit does not light up. It does work when connected to my 10.6.6 powerbook.

I'll install bios F11 and try your DSDT when I get a chance. I'm in the middle of a few jobs right now, so I dare not try it until they get out the door.

Thanks!

Ever consider starting from scratch on your DSDT? I'm finding this thread a big help.

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,170 posts
Hi all.

I haven't spent any time here recently because:
1) Snow Leopard is running so well these days.
2) most questions have been asked and answered before.
3) I'd got a bit bored.

However, I haven't stopped playing with my hack and have still got the same hardware. The reason for this post is just to say the good 'ol EP45-DS3L runs the 10.7 developer preview just fine.

Here's a couple of screenshots:
Attached File  Lion_dev_preview_Screenshot_1.jpg   365.7KB   73 downloads
Attached File  Lion_dev_preview_Screenshot_2.jpg   415.28KB   55 downloads

If any of you are wondering whether or not if I'll write a guide for installing it, then the answer is no. There are already many install guides out there all based on usr-sse2's original installation guide, though beware that Apple may well change a lot of things before the final release of 10.7 and these procedures may not work then (though that is just pure speculation).

However, a note to all. Don't feel rushed to try out the Lion developer preview if you don't want to as Snow Leopard is still the main kitty for now and will be for a while longer yet.

Regards
blackosx

cheapo

cheapo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Did anyone try to use eSATA? I'm using only the orange SATA ports in my mobo, and one of the SATA ports is using that external connector that comes with the mobo. I recently bought a docking station that uses that eSATA port, but it only works if I plug the HD and turn it on before booting OSX.

My OSX is detecting the disk as external, I can eject it, but I can't hot-swap to another HD (it shows the previous one as still connected) and if I only turn the docking station on while OSX is running it doesn't detect my HD.

Is there anything I can do to enable eSATA and hot-swap?

Z4g0r

Z4g0r

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Interests:Unix, Macintosh, Networks, Open source
Great!
The lion roars!
:)

Hi all.

I haven't spent any time here recently because:
1) Snow Leopard is running so well these days.
2) most questions have been asked and answered before.
3) I'd got a bit bored.

However, I haven't stopped playing with my hack and have still got the same hardware. The reason for this post is just to say the good 'ol EP45-DS3L runs the 10.7 developer preview just fine.

Here's a couple of screenshots:
Attached File  Lion_dev_preview_Screenshot_1.jpg   365.7KB   73 downloads
Attached File  Lion_dev_preview_Screenshot_2.jpg   415.28KB   55 downloads

If any of you are wondering whether or not if I'll write a guide for installing it, then the answer is no. There are already many install guides out there all based on usr-sse2's original installation guide, though beware that Apple may well change a lot of things before the final release of 10.7 and these procedures may not work then (though that is just pure speculation).

However, a note to all. Don't feel rushed to try out the Lion developer preview if you don't want to as Snow Leopard is still the main kitty for now and will be for a while longer yet.

Regards
blackosx

ZenGiga

ZenGiga

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

The reason for this post is just to say the good 'ol EP45-DS3L runs the 10.7 developer preview just fine.

Wow, that's nice to know!

Z4g0r

Z4g0r

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
Mac OSX 10.6.7 is out!

Actualsizeaudio

Actualsizeaudio

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 7 posts

Ever consider starting from scratch on your DSDT? I'm finding this thread a big help.

OK,

So I desperately need sound to work so I went ahead and took blackosx's advice on upgrading my bios and uding the DSDT from the support files.

Sure enough, now I'm able to boot from that dsdt and the plist included in the support files.

Still: NO SOUND!!!!!

I've followed the directions TO THE TEE, about 20 times, still nothing. So, what I'm thinking is that I have a kext conflict or something.

Man I need help, I have a program called Sound Miner that will work with another sound device, but ONLY if the internal sound also works (don't ask me why). I so need to fix this problem, and I'm just out of ideas.

-Mike

bigpoppa206

bigpoppa206

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Still: NO SOUND!!!!!

And you are using the correct kexts in /E/E? And you ran Kext utility to update everything?

Actualsizeaudio

Actualsizeaudio

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 7 posts

And you are using the correct kexts in /E/E? And you ran Kext utility to update everything?

I went into my extensions and manually searched for any stray sound kexts that might be conflicting. Low and behold I found one, and now IT WORKSSSSS!!

Eeegahds that was 5 hours I'll never get back. At one point, the system wouldn't even boot up. It was an odyssey that I'm glad is over.

System works great. Thanks so much for all the help.

bigpoppa206

bigpoppa206

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

System works great. Thanks so much for all the help.

That's why I asked the simple questions, usually it's something staring us right in the face. Cheers!

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,170 posts

Mac OSX 10.6.7 is out!

Hi Z4g0r. Thanks for the heads up. No problems updating here. :)

10.6.7 System Update

Note: As always, apply the system update to your backup secondary OS X system first. This will allow you to check everything is working before updating your main system.

Using Software Update from the Apple menu is a straight forward update after which I didn't have to do anything. Of course this is assuming nobody is still using SleepEnabler - see update post for 10.6.6.

If anyone uses the combo update then you will need to re-add your patched AppleHDA.kext. Just use the same one you were using for 10.6.6.

Also, anybody using lnx2mac's Realtek81xx.kext inside IONetworking.kext in /E/E, I recommend now just adding Realtek81xx.kext directly in to /S/L/E and removing the IONetworking.kext from /E/E.

That's all I have for now as I am not at my hack any longer today, but I did the update this morning and haven't noticed any issues with my hardware. If anyone finds other info then please share for the others here. Thanks.

I went into my extensions and manually searched for any stray sound kexts that might be conflicting. Low and behold I found one, and now IT WORKSSSSS!!

Out of curiosity which stray kext did you find? as you did say you followed the instructions to a tee.

That's why I asked the simple questions, usually it's something staring us right in the face. Cheers!

Thanks for helping Actualsizeaudio here bigpoppa206 :)

Actualsizeaudio

Actualsizeaudio

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 7 posts

Well, yeah, in the end it was a simple problem, though since I didn't put the extension in there myself (I think Miultibeast, or some other desperate attempt was the culprit) , I wasn't familiar with what it was called. As a result I had to comb over every extension and google the name of it to find it.

Simple, but tedious solution. I'm just thrilled it worked.

Thanks again.

D-an-W

D-an-W

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Hi Z4g0r. Thanks for the heads up. No problems updating here. :)

10.6.7 System Update

Note: As always, apply the system update to your backup secondary OS X system first. This will allow you to check everything is working before updating your main system.

Using Software Update from the Apple menu is a straight forward update after which I didn't have to do anything. Of course this is assuming nobody is still using SleepEnabler - see update post for 10.6.6.

If anyone uses the combo update then you will need to re-add your patched AppleHDA.kext. Just use the same one you were using for 10.6.6.

Also, anybody using lnx2mac's Realtek81xx.kext inside IONetworking.kext in /E/E, I recommend now just adding Realtek81xx.kext directly in to /S/L/E and removing the IONetworking.kext from /E/E.

I know I don't have the exact same system as you guys but I moved over to Mac full time using the basic blackosx method and have just updated to 10.6.7 and separated Realtek81xx.kext as advised.

All seems ok so far, I did have a KP (Grey screen telling me to press power button...right?) just after Plex updated itself (Is there a way to check what caused it?) but it has been fine since.

Actualsizeaudio

Actualsizeaudio

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 7 posts

Out of curiosity which stray kext did you find? as you did say you followed the instructions to a tee.

Thanks for helping Actualsizeaudio here bigpoppa206 :)

Now, I followed your instructions to a tee AFTER I had OSX running on this machine. quick history:

Was EFI-x machine, finally got around to building Chameleon boot drive with your instructions. Didn't work due to old bios. Found a DSDT on the web for my bios. Worked well, but no sound. Tried your sound instructions after trying about a half a dozen other ones, didn't work. On your advice put new bios in, used your DSDT. Didn't work till I purged system of all other sound drivers.

What was in there was some old audio driver from one of my vain attempts, it had nothing to do with your instructions. Every time something didn't work I was careful to clean things up, but I guess I wasn't careful enough. Now that I think of it, I should have asked someone for a screen shot of their kexts folder.

Thanks again.

Z4g0r

Z4g0r

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
Software Update et voila' 10.6.7 is running.
All ok, BlackOSX, like a mac!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy