asus eee pc 1005ha failed install and missing operating system

2 posts in this topic

so, i got my eee pc and installed windows 7. it installed two primary partitions like it does. and i left an efi type primary partition at the end of the drive used for bootbooster that bios has some option for whatever.

in the empty space between i attempted to install leopard. i tried kalyway 10.5.4, iatkos 10.5.5, and ipc 10.5.6 which all wouldnt boot. so i downloaded ideneb 10.5.8 which did boot yay. but it failed a couple times on the install with an error (see pic) that i dont understand. and when i try to boot back into windows it says "missing operating system".

anyways how do i atleast fix windows so i can get back in it and use my laptop while i figure os x on it out? i prefer not to have to reinstall windows right now. atleast get some stuff on the laptop backed up.

also what did anyone do to even get leopard running on this thing? it seems very picky.

post-77064-1250837012_thumb.jpg

http://jpmcgarrity.com/blog/index.php/2009...5ha-hackintosh/

i found this. ill give it a try. i need to download another version of ideneb which isnt a big deal and if windows still wont boot, ill atleast be able to back {censored} up from os x. sure does look like a fun project. i rather like the never ending quest to get this perfect, it gives me something to do to fix it.